-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 George Washington
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
systematicX
Full Member
No, not from GW. A hold literally means hold lolHold = Soft Rejection?
o_OfroggyO_o
Full Member
do they email holds or just update the portal? i thought i saw way back that someone said they only updated the portal for holds
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
VINILOVER123
Full Member
First hold😢, does anyone know if we have to update to get more competitive. I already laid out my plan for the year in the secondary, nothing will change.
I believe a lot of people are put on hold initially and it’s not a soft R so I wouldn’t be discouraged until you receive an official R which they will probably start rolling out soon I think. This is from their website FAQ for what to do while on hold:First hold😢, does anyone know if we have to update to get more competitive. I already laid out my plan for the year in the secondary, nothing will change.
“The holistic review process is very thorough and time-consuming. During this time, we encourage you to share your continued interest in our program, new experiences and activities, or anything else you would like to share with the Committee on Admissions through the Application Portal. The Committee does welcome and appreciate these updates, as your file will be re-reviewed several times throughout the "on hold" status period.”
They just update the portaldo they email holds or just update the portal? i thought i saw way back that someone said they only updated the portal for holds
VINILOVER123
Full Member
I believe a lot of people are put on hold initially and it’s not a soft R so I wouldn’t be discouraged until you receive an official R which they will probably start rolling out soon I think. This is from their website FAQ for what to do while on hold:
“The holistic review process is very thorough and time-consuming. During this time, we encourage you to share your continued interest in our program, new experiences and activities, or anything else you would like to share with the Committee on Admissions through the Application Portal. The Committee does welcome and appreciate these updates, as your file will be re-reviewed several times throughout the "on hold" status period.”
Ah I C thanks for the help.
Hold for later revisit. LM ~80
HappyFeet1
Full Member
OOS II just now! LM ~76 and complete early September. Was not expecting at all :0
Hanako-kun
Full Member
OOS II just now! LM ~76 and complete early September. Was not expecting at all :0
Congrats!!!
Hanako-kun
Full Member
Completed 8/21 and no hold or anything yet. Hoping for an update today
same 8/28 the secondary portal hates to see me 😵💫Completed 8/21 and no hold or anything yet. Hoping for an update today
acetylcola
Full Member
Me since 7/25...Completed 8/21 and no hold or anything yet. Hoping for an update today
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
been no answer and complete since 7/28 and I just saw an update that I have been place on a hold - LOL still no interview invites from schools and I am losing it a little
you’re not alone!! I’m on no II island too but our time will come🫶✨been no answer and complete since 7/28 and I just saw an update that I have been place on a hold - LOL still no interview invites from schools and I am losing it a little
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre II R [emoji24] sent them an update letter like 12 hours ago.
pre-II R
OOS R
prettypremed123
Full Member
+1 pre-II R , i forgot what date I was put on hold but it was last week
D
deleted1177773
Was this by email or on portal?+1 pre-II R , i forgot what date I was put on hold but it was last week
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
pre-ii hold 8/21, pre-ii reject email today
momwithanmd
Full Member
OOS pre-II R. Sucks but oh well!
manojoblanco!
Full Member
Hold 8/22 ---> R 10/22 🙂
This school receives over 12k applicants and only interviews 8% of them (according to last year) and accepts about 1/3 of those. I think some of this is luck to be honest, a lot of great applicants to get through so quickly. So keep your head up!Hold on Friday to an R today. Weird, because I felt like my app was a 1:1 match for this school. Pretty bummed about this one :/
Yes. There's a lot of luck in this process unfortunately. Two different people reading an application can have two quite different opinionsThis school receives over 12k applicants and only interviews 8% of them (according to last year) and accepts about 1/3 of those. I think some of this is luck to be honest, a lot of great applicants to get through so quickly. So keep your head up!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For a few schools last year (including this one) that do multiple R waves, I managed to hold out until the last wave before I got the R. Could this be a good sign for maybe getting a II this year, like they were holding onto my app until the end in case they needed extra interview ppl? Ik none of us really know what goes on in adcoms' minds but as someone with no IIs yet I'm desperate for a good sign or something generally positive 😭
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
are u guys getting emails for an R or is it on the portal again?
Strongbranch
Full Member
Has anyone recieved an II that did not take the PREview?
systematicX
Full Member
Like you said we really never know for sure but if you’re looking “for a good sign and something generally positive”…no news is better then an R. Keep your head up. We are only at the half way point of the cycle. Remember it only takes one A to make you a doctor. Wishing you a successful cycle!For a few schools last year (including this one) that do multiple R waves, I managed to hold out until the last wave before I got the R. Could this be a good sign for maybe getting a II this year, like they were holding onto my app until the end in case they needed extra interview ppl? Ik none of us really know what goes on in adcoms' minds but as someone with no IIs yet I'm desperate for a good sign or something generally positive 😭
Thank you 🥹Like you said we really never know for sure but if you’re looking “for a good sign and something generally positive”…no news is better then an R. Keep your head up. We are only at the half way point of the cycle. Remember it only takes one A to make you a doctor. Wishing you a successful cycle!
I got it last year via email so I'm assuming that's still the caseare u guys getting emails for an R or is it on the portal again?
D
deleted1177773
No R yet for me somehow survived the way. Hold 7/31
littlemoon520
Full Member
I did not take preview or casper, just completed my interview recently.Has anyone recieved an II that did not take the PREview?
D
deleted1194381
No R yet but I am still on hold :/
+1No R yet but I am still on hold :/
pre-ii R, hold 10/16. man, i would love to stay in DC...i fear i may be leaving
brainfart123
Full Member
I guess the gw massacre has finally started...
glasshand114
Full Member
I got accepted and did not take PREviewHas anyone recieved an II that did not take the PREview?
me too😭😭😭pre-ii R, hold 10/16. man, i would love to stay in DC...i fear i may be leaving
gw plz spare me from having to drive a U-Haul through the city again 💔
no R but still trapped on complete 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it's similar to Georgetown, they go out in waves :/ I'm still on hold 7/`15No R yet for me somehow survived the way. Hold 7/31
Pretty chill. Interviewer was interested in who I was and the entire thing was very conversational.anyone willing to comment on their interview here?
Does anyone know how many they typically take from the alternate list/whether we can expect movement? I fear I am coooked :/