2024-2025 Meritus SOM

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the email, interviewed in October waitlisted in November. Maybe it’s for people who were on the WL for more than 6 months who knows! I have sent a LOI multiple times in the past so could be that as well.
 
When did you interview? Did they say if the class is full
I think the class has been full for months and they're just taking people off WL as others drop their seat. I wonder if it's ranked because a couple weeks ago people mentioned they were offered a place on the "guaranteed seat next year" WL
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think the class has been full for months and they're just taking people off WL as others drop their seat. I wonder if it's ranked because a couple weeks ago people mentioned they were offered a place on the "guaranteed seat next year" WL
oh interesting. I heard it is ranked but who knows if that was a rumor. Because I wonder if the people who got the email yesterday are at the top of the WL and next in line to hear. Only a select number of people got the email which was weird to me.
 
oh interesting. I heard it is ranked but who knows if that was a rumor. Because I wonder if the people who got the email yesterday are at the top of the WL and next in line to hear. Only a select number of people got the email which was weird to me.
It has to be ranked with only select people getting a guaranteed seat next year and only a select amount of people getting an email yesterday. That’s the only thing that makes sense. But I agree with @drbajablast it seems like the class is full and they are just pulling people off the WL and people drop their A. Hoping to hear something at the end of this week or beginning of next. Good luck to everyone🙏🏼
 
@/absutt received the same email on April 8th and was accepted April 25th. not saying that this is a sign of a guaranteed acceptance but maybe they're trying to sift through those that already committed elsewhere and neglected to drop their WL? im scared guys LOL ill take any acceptance atp whether it's this year or guaranteed next year

edit-also isnt their housing deadline June 30th? maybe that's when we'll hear back?
 
@/absutt received the same email on April 8th and was accepted April 25th. not saying that this is a sign of a guaranteed acceptance but maybe they're trying to sift through those that already committed elsewhere and neglected to drop their WL? im scared guys LOL ill take any acceptance atp whether it's this year or guaranteed next year

edit-also isnt their housing deadline June 30th? maybe that's when we'll hear back?
lets have hope for us 🙏🙏🙏
 
Taking everything that has been said into consideration, I think they might be trying to reach out to those they might want to accept/give a seat to next year to make sure that if they do send over an acceptance that it won’t be “wasted” (like if they are committed elsewhere). It’s getting down the the nitty gritty in terms of timeframe left so I think they are not wanting to waste their time with sending out acceptances that will be declined.
 
Taking everything that has been said into consideration, I think they might be trying to reach out to those they might want to accept/give a seat to next year to make sure that if they do send over an acceptance that it won’t be “wasted” (like if they are committed elsewhere). It’s getting down the the nitty gritty in terms of timeframe left so I think they are not wanting to waste their time with sending out acceptances that will be declined.
I wonder what percent of the WL got that email yesterday though.

ur viewpoint makes sense though
 
I think the class has been full for months and they're just taking people off WL as others drop their seat. I wonder if it's ranked because a couple weeks ago people mentioned they were offered a place on the "guaranteed seat next year" WL
yea my email was just WL, kinda surprised when i saw they were also offering accepted but pending on seat availability emails bc my interviewer told me she rly liked me
interviewed on 6/12 w about 14 other ppl
 
I wonder how they plan to accommodate everyone on the wl and the applicants they literally just interviewed. sounds like they're really cutting it close. what were your stats/ when did you submit?
yea my email was just WL, kinda surprised when i saw they were also offering accepted but pending on seat availability emails bc my interviewer told me she rly liked me
interviewed on 6/12 w about 14 other ppl
 
I called this morning and they told me that email went out to applicants who have been on the waitlist for a while to see if they are still interested. I'm confused tho bc i saw someone say they got the email and they were recently WL. They also told me they were still doing interviews…so idk 😩
 
I called this morning and they told me that email went out to applicants who have been on the waitlist for a while to see if they are still interested. I'm confused tho bc i saw someone say they got the email and they were recently WL. They also told me they were still doing interviews…so idk 😩
did they say when they'd stop interviewing by? if the class is full, but they expect heavy wl movement at some point and it doesn't happen, will they just extend the first cohort to accommodate everyone, or will they just offer them guaranteed seats next year?

so many questions (that im scared to directly ask admin lol). im hesitating sending in my reapp to places because it's SO expensive and im waiting on MSOM.
 
I called this morning and they told me that email went out to applicants who have been on the waitlist for a while to see if they are still interested. I'm confused tho bc i saw someone say they got the email and they were recently WL. They also told me they were still doing interviews…so idk 😩
I interviewed 6/5 and WL 6/10 and got the email. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
 
did they say when they'd stop interviewing by? if the class is full, but they expect heavy wl movement at some point and it doesn't happen, will they just extend the first cohort to accommodate everyone, or will they just offer them guaranteed seats next year?

so many questions (that im scared to directly ask admin lol). im hesitating sending in my reapp to places because it's SO expensive and im waiting on MSOM.
They can’t extend beyond 97 due to accreditation rules the admins said in a meeting I went to.

I think 6/12 was the last interview date from what I’ve heard. But I’m not sure so take that with a grain of salt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did they say when they'd stop interviewing by? if the class is full, but they expect heavy wl movement at some point and it doesn't happen, will they just extend the first cohort to accommodate everyone, or will they just offer them guaranteed seats next year?

so many questions (that im scared to directly ask admin lol). im hesitating sending in my reapp to places because it's SO expensive and im waiting on MSOM.
Right so many questions! I don't think they can extend bc its their 1st year and they can only take 97 students since they aren’t accredited yet.
 
I called this morning and they told me that email went out to applicants who have been on the waitlist for a while to see if they are still interested. I'm confused tho bc i saw someone say they got the email and they were recently WL. They also told me they were still doing interviews…so idk 😩
When you called did they say they expect WL movement soon?
 
I called this morning and they told me that email went out to applicants who have been on the waitlist for a while to see if they are still interested. I'm confused tho bc i saw someone say they got the email and they were recently WL. They also told me they were still doing interviews…so idk 😩
Yeah that doesn’t make much sense since people who just got waitlisted last week got the email. Maybe they are honestly just trying to tell people something to give an “answer”. They are cutting things reallllyyyy close it’s stressful. But I guess that is expected with a first year school
 
I wonder how they plan to accommodate everyone on the wl and the applicants they literally just interviewed. sounds like they're really cutting it close. what were your stats/ when did you submit?
i did submit last min bc they emailed me to submit
my stats r not amazing tbh
gpa mid
mcat was low too but about 500
 
I saw this on Reddit for MSOM and thought I’d share it. Unsure if it’s true but - “Deadline to terminate their apartment lease which would also mean withdrawing their A to Meritus was today. Tomorrow they could be a bunch of open spots.”
 
their accepted students fb group only has like 30 people in it. anyone know if that's an accurate number? seems like no one really uses fb anymore but idk if they have a publicly shared groupie link
 
I saw this on Reddit for MSOM and thought I’d share it. Unsure if it’s true but - “Deadline to terminate their apartment lease which would also mean withdrawing their A to Meritus was today. Tomorrow they could be a bunch of open spots.”
Could any accepted student on here confirm this for us?? If this is true, that would be great for all of us on the WL!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got it. so just to confirm, June 30th is the last day we should expect waitlist movement? just trying to determine if I should just send in my reapp lol
June 30th is the deadline (accepted student) and I think the class is currently full (would not go off of fb) but there will be more waitlist movement until June 30th