2024-2025 Meritus SOM

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. Has anyone thought about the issue with federal student loan accreditation? I spoke with the financial aid advisor and she said she’s hoping they will be accredited by the second year, but if not, students will be required to take out another private loan in addition to the first year.
I’m waitlisted so I haven’t thought too much about it but during my tour they did say that they had contracts with I believe it was IHelp and Sallie Mae so it should be relatively easy to get private educational loans through them. Not sure if that helps at all?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the admissions office has a phone number that we can use to contact them? I was having trouble finding one
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah it’s actually crazy there making us pay so much for rent, you can get a whole house for rent with how much they are charging us and it’s so much smaller square footage
I’m from WA state so that’s super cheap for here. I’m wondering if maybe it’s that much since it is fully furnished and I believe all utilities plus WIFI are included. I’m not sure how much utilities are in the area, but maybe that makes up for the price discrepancy?
 
I’m hoping they offer other exceptions because I have 2 kids, a spouse, and 2 dogs. There is no way we’re fitting in a little 2-bedroom apartment.
Yeah same (if I get in). I’m married and we don’t have kids yet but we do have 4 dogs, 2 of which are working dogs for husbands job, so wonder how the exceptions are going to work.
 
Anyone have an idea of the hard dates for applying for the private loans, or already finalized everything? Trying to wait as long as possible for reasons, but didn't know how long in advance we need to do this by or how difficult the process was.
 
How late MSOM will conduct interviews? In other words when the interviews will end? Appreciate a reply.
 
Low mcat but high gpa here, was really contemplating on applying here since late last year and now heading into the last minute, should I just send my app in? I applied to other schools this cycle alr and still waiting on responses from them
 
Low mcat but high gpa here, was really contemplating on applying here since late last year and now heading into the last minute, should I just send my app in? I applied to other schools this cycle alr and still waiting on responses from them
Your primary app? deadlines already passed
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
deadline says may 2nd lol so I am like thinking about it now that I still have not heard back from some schools
You're right, I was reading this and took that as the deadline:
  • Primary Application Deadline: Applications must be verified by AACOMAS and received by MSOM by April 11, 2025 at 11:59 p.m., EST. To ensure your application is verified on time, we recommend completing your application at least four weeks before the deadline.
 
You're right, I was reading this and took that as the deadline:
  • Primary Application Deadline: Applications must be verified by AACOMAS and received by MSOM by April 11, 2025 at 11:59 p.m., EST. To ensure your application is verified on time, we recommend completing your application at least four weeks before the deadline.
yikes lol okay bet glad I asked before applying supeeeeeeer late!
 
to those that were WL with a guaranteed acceptance next year, what are your stats? im just regular WL and lowkey freaking out but id take a spot next year if anything

edit I already sent a LOI after being interviewed, should I send another one now?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long is the WL at MSOM? are they offering provisional A for next class? I got an II but I know I am just interviewing for the WL and I feel so hopeful for an provisional acceptance
 
to those that were WL with a guaranteed acceptance next year, what are your stats? im just regular WL and lowkey freaking out but id take a spot next year if anything

edit I already sent a LOI after being interviewed, should I send another one now?
I am in the same spot and thinking of sending a letter of continued interest with minor updates about what I’ve been doing as there aren’t really many updates as I just applied in Feb. I would be happy with acceptance next year as well so wondering the same things!
 
Hi!

I'm planning on applying to MSOM for the 2027 cycle. I'm a junior right now but I'm worried about my stats. Would any accepted students be willing to share their stats. I just want to get an idea of what they are expecting. Thank you and congrats to everyone that got in!!