2024-2025 Meritus SOM

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone that interviewed jan/feb that still hasn't heard back? are we cooked
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone who got off of the waitlist!! Hoping they call some more people and give them that guaranteed spot for next year if spots don’t open up now that some of those previously called people have gotten spots.
 
Has anyone else applied but not received an interview invitation? It’s been silence from Meritus since submitting my secondary in the fall, despite sending letters of interest
 
Has anyone else applied but not received an interview invitation? It’s been silence from Meritus since submitting my secondary in the fall, despite sending letters of interest
I also haven't heard back anything. Wondering if they're just going to send rejections
 
Hey yall -- for those who sent letters of continued interest, would yall recommend just a simple email or an actual PDF? I'm afraid I would be annoying if I sent a whole different document but im not sure what they prefer haha
 
Hey yall -- for those who sent letters of continued interest, would yall recommend just a simple email or an actual PDF? I'm afraid I would be annoying if I sent a whole different document but im not sure what they prefer haha
In general it’s recommended to submit letters as pdfs so that they can be easily attached to your file and shared with the admissions committee
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in late January, got WL in Feb and sent a letter of intent right after receiving WL status. Have not gotten the email about having a guaranteed spot next year if a spot does not open up this year. Is there anything else I should do to check in with the admissions committee to let them know I am still interested, or does I seem like I have done all I can to ensure they know?
 
I interviewed in late January, got WL in Feb and sent a letter of intent right after receiving WL status. Have not gotten the email about having a guaranteed spot next year if a spot does not open up this year. Is there anything else I should do to check in with the admissions committee to let them know I am still interested, or does I seem like I have done all I can to ensure they know?
Note, this is an in state school for me and my husband would not have to relocate for work, that is why I very much want to go to Meritus. Just for some background 🙂
 
I interviewed in late January, got WL in Feb and sent a letter of intent right after receiving WL status. Have not gotten the email about having a guaranteed spot next year if a spot does not open up this year. Is there anything else I should do to check in with the admissions committee to let them know I am still interested, or does I seem like I have done all I can to ensure they know?
same and I've been waitlisted since November :/
 
I interviewed in late January, got WL in Feb and sent a letter of intent right after receiving WL status. Have not gotten the email about having a guaranteed spot next year if a spot does not open up this year. Is there anything else I should do to check in with the admissions committee to let them know I am still interested, or does I seem like I have done all I can to ensure they know?
I also interviewed in January and sent letter of intent right after getting waitlisted. I have not heard anything either.
 
Applied in late September/ early October, interviewed back in November & was waitlisted. Attended the campus visit in December and have sent LOI/update letters but have not heard anything back. Anyone in the same boat? A bit stressed after hearing that people who interviewed later in the cycle have been pulled off the waitlist. Feeling like they forgot about me 🙁 In state school for me with strong ties to Hagerstown so was really hoping to hear something back. Any suggestions
 
Did anyone else receive an email this morning asking about your continued interest in staying on the waitlist? Hoping this is a good thing…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. Has anyone thought about the issue with federal student loan accreditation? I spoke with the financial aid advisor and she said she’s hoping they will be accredited by the second year, but if not, students will be required to take out another private loan in addition to the first year.