2024-2025 UC Davis

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! If there are any current students or adcoms reading, I was wondering your thoughts on picking an activity that is relatively new (~35 hours so far) as part of the 3 additional descriptions, because they ask for current # of hours without any projection.

The activity is on my AMCAS primary, it's a gap year volunteering role in Central CA and I think it's relevant to UCD's mission. But it doesn't have any extras like LORs, presentations, or papers aside from a supervisor's contact since I just started. Would it be better to choose another role?
 
Last edited:
out of state with like no ties to them, I didnt realize that it was more than stats that htey screened for!
If you're OOS with no ties you will almost definitely not get a secondary. Their mission is very location-focused and they often won't even send secondaries to people outside their region, even if they live in california!
 
Any Davis alums still not get a secondary yet? :'( radio silence since the acknowledgement email and I've seen a couple alumni get secondaries since then
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any Davis alums still not get a secondary yet? :'( radio silence since the acknowledgement email and I've seen a couple alumni get secondaries since then
I went to an info session for Davis hosted by premedcc yesterday, they'll probably post it on YouTube in a week or two if you wanna see. But someone asked the admissions guy this question he said it is super early for secondaries and that they have so many different committees looking at primaries and those committees go at different speeds so you can't compare and that Davis people have an advantage in the way that you had chances to do the sort of work they are looking for (urban underserved stuff).
 
I went to an info session for Davis hosted by premedcc yesterday, they'll probably post it on YouTube in a week or two if you wanna see. But someone asked the admissions guy this question he said it is super early for secondaries and that they have so many different committees looking at primaries and those committees go at different speeds so you can't compare and that Davis people have an advantage in the way that you had chances to do the sort of work they are looking for (urban underserved stuff).
That makes me feel so much better, thank you for the info!
 
Do you think it's a red flag to not apply to any of the scholarly pathways?
no bc those are more for after you get accepted. they're more FM/research/URM related anyways so i wouldn't force those essays if you aren't interested or have a real background to prove you want to go into those pathways
 
Hey guys, I have a question, I haven't received anything from UC Davis. So in a stupid move, I opened their application portal inputted my aamc id and clicked reset password and they sent me an email about resetting the password. I'm confused as to why I was able to reset it as I haven't even received the confirmation email. Does that mean that I recieved the seondary or did I for some reason make a mistake?
 
Hey guys, I have a question, I haven't received anything from UC Davis. So in a stupid move, I opened their application portal inputted my aamc id and clicked reset password and they sent me an email about resetting the password. I'm confused as to why I was able to reset it as I haven't even received the confirmation email. Does that mean that I recieved the seondary or did I for some reason make a mistake?
Are you able to log in ?
 
Turns out I can access the Admissions portal but have no secondary??? I have the FAQ section only 🙁
"
You may use this site frequently to check on your application status to the University of California Davis, School of Medicine once you have been offered an invitation to complete a secondary application. We are extremely excited and honored to train the next generation of outstanding physicians for California.

"
It means you are in the system and you can submit! They will prob send you an email in a day or two!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AMCAS verified 07/16, Davis notification email on 08/01, still noting today. Do they pre-screen? How come some people get Secondary the next day?
 
AMCAS verified 07/16, Davis notification email on 08/01, still noting today. Do they pre-screen? How come some people get Secondary the next day?
I think people with certain zip codes/activities/MCAT scores automatically get the secondary while others need manual verification before secondary—just my take.
 
AMCAS verified 07/16, Davis notification email on 08/01, still noting today. Do they pre-screen? How come some people get Secondary the next day?
In the same boat, verified 08/07 and received the acknowledgment email on the same day. SoCal w/ no NorCal ties though, so I'm assuming they won't send one to me immediately even if I am a mission fit
 
AMCAS Verified 8/22, Acknowledgment 8/22, Secondary 8/22. I was surprised I received it that fast since I thought they screen. I'm from the Bay Area for reference
 
Haven't gotten a secondary despite applying in early June. OOS. App Received email 8/1. Anyone else?
 
AMCAS Verified 8/22, Acknowledgment 8/22, Secondary 8/22. I was surprised I received it that fast since I thought they screen. I'm from the Bay Area for reference
Same here! I received acknowledgment and secondary within an hour yesterday. I wonder if that was an automatic screen?

Is it okay to select multiple pathways for the 'scholarly pathways' section of the secondary?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad