You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC Davis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
are you from CA, if so where?for those who have yet to receive a secondary, is it best to stay patient or do you think we should contact admissions w any updates (pubs, employment, preview score etc). any feedback is greatly appreciated.
D
deleted1193601
just stay patient. Davis screens heavily and if you have zero ties to the area you likely won't receive one. but if you do, people have received secondaries as late as october/november in the past years. I'm a davis alum who hasn't gotten one yet (and I have friends in the same boat). someone here went to an info session where they said they have so many committees reviewing primaries that they're not necessarily going in chronological order, and to not worry if you havent received one yet. for me personally I'm gonna wait till late october to start getting sad LOL. this is the only secondary out of 44 schools I havent received yetfor those who have yet to receive a secondary, is it best to stay patient or do you think we should contact admissions w any updates (pubs, employment, preview score etc). any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do y'all think they would send a secondary invitation before receiving the PREview exam score?
They did for me!Do y'all think they would send a secondary invitation before receiving the PREview exam score?
sam2029
Full Member
I still didn't get an II to any uni... im hoping it is almost our turn 😮💨Any late July/early August submitters experiencing radio silence?
grapefettuccine
Full Member
Submitted July 1st but just got a secondary invite. I'm a California resident but no ties to NorCal. Is it even worth submitting at this point? I already assumed I got screened out a long time ago.
Submit it! It shouldn't take long.Submitted July 1st but just got a secondary invite. I'm a California resident but no ties to NorCal. Is it even worth submitting at this point? I already assumed I got screened out a long time ago.
It's a short secondary, def submitSubmitted July 1st but just got a secondary invite. I'm a California resident but no ties to NorCal. Is it even worth submitting at this point? I already assumed I got screened out a long time ago.
D
deleted1193601
+1 secondary, IS alum + heavy ties!! FINALLYYYYY this was stressing me out so much lol. was verified early June
are you from CA, if so where?
yes, SoCal
CelestialDragon
Full Member
congrats!! when were you complete?II Received IS
Thank you, 7/14 I was completecongrats!! when were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted my primary on 6/7/2024. Just received my secondary on 9/29/24. Is it worth even filling out or are they just going to take my money?
fill it out!Submitted my primary on 6/7/2024. Just received my secondary on 9/29/24. Is it worth even filling out or are they just going to take my money?
For the "Activities" portion of the secondary, did y'all just copy and paste what you wrote for the primary app?
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
I would recommend highlighting a different aspect of the activities you're going to list, that is if mentioned on the AMCAS primary app -- all the best!For the "Activities" portion of the secondary, did y'all just copy and paste what you wrote for the primary app?
No. Highlighted key activities in NorCal related to their mission. Non clinical volunteering, clinical job, and leadership position.For the "Activities" portion of the secondary, did y'all just copy and paste what you wrote for the primary app?
Thanks, @ClashRoyaleKing and @MaverickCowboy! Wishing y'all the best!
youmatter:)
Full Member
+1 IS SoCal secondary today (primary verified: 6/21) 🙂
youre giving me hope 😢+1 IS SoCal secondary today (primary verified: 6/21) 🙂
do they send II's based on preview scores? I got a 2/9
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
I believe they do a holistic review so no one particular thing will make or break you. Just like a high MCAT score can counteract a low GPA, I think a below average preview score can be counteracted by your writing and the different experiences you describe. The adcoms want to get to know you and will use every single metric but rest assured that a number you earned after sitting for a 75 minute exam won't make them stop assessing your fit to the school. Hang in there!do they send II's based on preview scores? I got a 2/9
youmatter:)
Full Member
say I don’t have many activities in NorCal, but I started new volunteering with the underserved elsewhere since submitting my primary. Is it smart to put this as one of the three activities?
Definetely!say I don’t have many activities in NorCal, but I started new volunteering with the underserved elsewhere since submitting my primary. Is it smart to put this as one of the three activities?
Just submitted my secondary app, y'all! Anyone else applying to Rural-PRIME?
TrypanBlue
Full Member
I just got a secondary with no ties, time to shoot my shot and see what happens!
I just got a secondary with no ties, time to shoot my shot and see what happens!
congrats! when did you submit your primary to them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Early interviewers, is next week our week? Trying to find the admission’s members # so I can save it and not miss the call.
The soonest A I see on cycle track for Davis is 11/2. I hope next Tuesday thoughEarly interviewers, is next week our week? Trying to find the admission’s members # so I can save it and not miss the call.
Probably underreported on there. I really hope next week so I can let my family know 😭The soonest A I see on cycle track for Davis is 11/2. I hope next Tuesday though
IS SoCal secondary received! Primary processed 7/11.
Last edited:
HelpOthers!
Full Member
IS SoCal (UC Davis Alum) secondary received. Verified 7/15
banananabread
Full Member
IS II! they only have one interview date available to schedule and I have a conflict that day. trying to decide whether to prioritize the interview, or wait for more dates to be released. do you guys know how far out they are scheduling?
Congrats! When were you complete?IS II! they only have one interview date available to schedule and I have a conflict that day. trying to decide whether to prioritize the interview, or wait for more dates to be released. do you guys know how far out they are scheduling?
banananabread
Full Member
complete late July!
uranium235
New Member
congrats!! what interview date was available?IS II! they only have one interview date available to schedule and I have a conflict that day. trying to decide whether to prioritize the interview, or wait for more dates to be released. do you guys know how far out they are scheduling?
Probably wait and check back later. If you don’t have a date by Monday I would call+ 1 IS II. I see no dates available to schedule does anyone know what I should do?
It’s technically 12 stations with two built in rest stations. It is all closed fileHello everyone! Was wondering if anyone knows more about the interview format, it seems to just be MMI, ~7 stations and all closed file? Does this mean there are no one on one open file interviews that some schools have or is this all it seems to be? Thanks in advance!
itsgbro
New Member
Thanks for the reply! In addition to the 7 MMI and 2 rest stations, there's still 3 more?It’s technically 12 stations with two built in rest stations. It is all closed file
6 scenario, 1 meet the dean, 3 traditional i think. Check the email and videos they sent, they explain it pretty well.Thanks for the reply! In addition to the 7 MMI and 2 rest stations, there's still 3 more?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if you don't mind me asking, what was your LM score and complete date?Thanks for the reply! In addition to the 7 MMI and 2 rest stations, there's still 3 more?
banananabread
Full Member
was originally just 10/18 but they opened up new dates in October/November!congrats!! what interview date was availabl
uranium235
New Member
Congratulations! When was your complete date if u dont mind me asking?+ 1 IS II. I see no dates available to schedule does anyone know what I should do?
Anyone else ready for some decisions this week?!? Come on Davis pull through 😭