Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1IS WL just now, interviewed early December
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1IS WL just now, interviewed early December
Damn.Alternative list invite today. Email states that only those with a reasonable chance of admission are offered a waitlist spot.
So they can decide your chances of matriculating if they offer you a seat off the WL. Yield is everything.For the waitlist response, does anyone know why they want to know if we hold a seat at another institution or not?
Feels like a lose lose tho, just bc I have another acceptance doesn't mean VCU isn't my #1 🙁So they can decide your chances of matriculating if they offer you a seat off the WL. Yield is everything.
If they allow letter of intents, communicate that with them.Feels like a lose lose tho, just bc I have another acceptance doesn't mean VCU isn't my #1 🙁
in this particular situation i would say you can communicate that VCU remains your top choice in a letter of intent, but the reason they'd like to know if you've been accepted elsewhere is to give everyone a fair shot of matriculation to any medical school, which frankly is very considerate of themFeels like a lose lose tho, just bc I have another acceptance doesn't mean VCU isn't my #1 🙁
lol same hahahahahhaproudly chose the "no seat at other institution" option WL, please admit me VCU.
does it put you at a disadvantage if you say that you hold a spot at another institution?in this particular situation i would say you can communicate that VCU remains your top choice in a letter of intent, but the reason they'd like to know if you've been accepted elsewhere is to give everyone a fair shot of matriculation to any medical school, which frankly is very considerate of them
i wouldn't say it puts you at a disadvantage, it just gives the other people an equal shot of getting in. i honestly love VCU for asking that question because it seems like they really care about everyone getting a fair shot of matriculating.does it put you at a disadvantage if you say that you hold a spot at another institution?
I have the same questionshould I put that I hold a spot at another institution if that spot is a DO school? I don't think so right?
personally i did, put i had a spot, just bc they didn’t specify allopathic/osteopathic…I have the same question
I also did this, but I’m wondering if I should clarify through LOI that I would switch from my DO acceptance to VCUpersonally i did, put i had a spot, just bc they didn’t specify allopathic/osteopathic…
I don’t think it would be a good look to throw the DO acceptance under the bus just say that VCU is your #1 choice and you would matriculate if offered an acceptance off the ALI also did this, but I’m wondering if I should clarify through LOI that I would switch from my DO acceptance to VCU
yes! they did not ask if D.O. or M.D. so i believe they expect you to still choose that optionshould I put that I hold a spot at another institution if that spot is a DO school? I don't think so right?
I believe they do based on previous year’s threads. However idk if they want them through the upload in the portal or emailed to a specific emailDoes anyone know if they accept letters of intent? I can’t remember if it was mentioned during the interview. I’ve looked all over their website and tried calling their office, but reached a voicemail.
Love a classic vague response haha. I initially thought having an acceptance may create a "disadvantage" since they probs pull ppl who do not have offers and are more likely to matriculate. However, I think it's also worth remembering that those who have other acceptances have to withdraw from waitlists at the CTE deadline (usually around the end of may). They may want to be aware of that so they don't miss their chance to extend offers to those people.I called to get clarification on how the question regarding whether we hold a spot at another institution affects our WL consideration-- she told me it is for "logistical purposes" and "has no effect on your (my) profile" and is "a question we ask to make notation". Her response was very vague but she was adamant that it did not have ANY effect on how we are considered when they begin pulling from the WL.
If I remember correctly (I do not have MSAR anymore, please correct me if wrong), they interview about 700 people. Since they do not overaccept, they have probably accepted 184 for their current class. I would estimate 30 have been rejected post-II and another 30-50 have withdrew post-II or WL. So maybe 400-450 are on the waitlist. Of course, people will withdraw over the next few months from both the accepted and WL pool.does anybody know approximately how many people get placed on the waitlist? like has VCU ever specified?
Are they notified upon document uploads to the portal? Trying to figure out if I should send LOI to the admissions email or just upload to portal.Just uploaded a letter of interest on the application portal.
If I remember correctly (I do not have MSAR anymore, please correct me if wrong), they interview about 700 people. Since they do not overaccept, they have probably accepted 184 for their current class. I would estimate 30 have been rejected post-II and another 30-50 have withdrew post-II or WL. So maybe 400-450 are on the waitlist. Of course, people will withdraw over the next few months from both the accepted and WL pool.
I'm going to email them and let them know tomorrow. I doubt they are paying much attention to it unless they review their portal uploads weekly.Are they notified upon document uploads to the portal? Trying to figure out if I should send LOI to the admissions email or just upload to portal.
I'm going to email them and let them know tomorrow. I doubt they are paying much attention to it unless they review their portal uploads weekly.
Not yet! I'll share here when I do.did you get an answer on if we need to email them as well as upload to the portal?
thank you!!! 🫶Not yet! I'll share here when I do.
Edit: Got an email that said “thanks for informing us” so many they did not know I had uploaded it.
Mid to late April. After April 15th, for sure.when do we think wl movement will start to happen?
crashing out from all the waiting games 😔Mid to late April. After April 15th, for sure.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.