2024-2025 Virginia Commonwealth

Started by wysdoc
Tags Tags
question
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I just got an acceptance email, and it's in my portal and all of that, but I just got the hold email earlier today?? Has that been anyone else's experience? Did I just get a fake acceptance due to some technical glitch?? Send help
Nope, you’re fine. You got the A! They review everyone and rank them and then accept the top 50ish applicants by rank. Congrats!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes they said look towards the Feb 3 date and if not then the mid march date. I was confused looking back on the previous acceptance dates where some applicants said they received a hold email but also an acceptance later that day.
Happened to me - interviewed 1/23, hold email around 4:30pm today, acceptance around 6:30pm, had no idea this was a thing and thought I was like accidentally accepted or something
 
Has anyone who was put on hold in on 12/16 received a second hold email? I have not received any type of update or further communication today.
 
Has anyone who was put on hold in on 12/16 received a second hold email? I have not received any type of update or further communication today.
I got a “clarification of your status” email after the first decision saying I was still on hold, but that’s already known from the information at the interview day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any other accepted students had issues with their portal? Mine no longer shows the pre-matriculation checklist or transition to medical school information.
 
Have any other accepted students had issues with their portal? Mine no longer shows the pre-matriculation checklist or transition to medical school information.
Weird, mine never showed either of those. I have an Admissions Decision tab but it doesn't have any pre-matriculation info or transition to med school info. Were you accepted in Feb or one of the earlier dates?
 
Weird, mine never showed either of those. I have an Admissions Decision tab but it doesn't have any pre-matriculation info or transition to med school info. Were you accepted in Feb or one of the earlier dates?
I was accepted in December, thank you for sharing though that makes me feel better haha I was worried they had rescinded my acceptance
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed in september and haven't heard back. I believe I recall them telling us not to send updates... have other people sent updates letters/LOI post-interview or is that something we should hold off from doing? If so, how did you submit to them?
 
Interviewed in september and haven't heard back. I believe I recall them telling us not to send updates... have other people sent updates letters/LOI post-interview or is that something we should hold off from doing? If so, how did you submit to them?
I believe there was a ppt attached in the post-interview email which says that any updates must be submitted through email before the Monday of the following week of your MMI (email address can be found there). I interviewed in February so I’m not sure if the instructions were the same for you.
 
I interviewed the other day and I haven’t received any post interview material, does it normally take a few days?
 
Does anyone remember the names of the medical students who did the tour guide and answered questions for us during interviews?
 
soooo hypothetically what happens if we maybe don’t get an acceptance on march 17th maybe? 🥹 i had a sudden realization that i’ll have to be moved in by mid-june at a do program i’ve been accepted to and want to know how long i should keep my hopes up
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got hold email just now, is this supposed to mean anything significant?