-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nope, you’re fine. You got the A! They review everyone and rank them and then accept the top 50ish applicants by rank. Congrats!I just got an acceptance email, and it's in my portal and all of that, but I just got the hold email earlier today?? Has that been anyone else's experience? Did I just get a fake acceptance due to some technical glitch?? Send help
hamsa.pakshasya
New Member
Oof didn’t get an A this round… ig I’ll see yall in March!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh my goodness thank you so much!!!!Nope, you’re fine. You got the A! They review everyone and rank them and then accept the top 50ish applicants by rank. Congrats!
Anyone who interviewed in November or earlier get the A? I interviewed 10/2 and got passed again...
Happened to me - interviewed 1/23, hold email around 4:30pm today, acceptance around 6:30pm, had no idea this was a thing and thought I was like accidentally accepted or somethingYes they said look towards the Feb 3 date and if not then the mid march date. I was confused looking back on the previous acceptance dates where some applicants said they received a hold email but also an acceptance later that day.
premedvibe
Full Member
any new decisions? haven't gotten any yet
sunrise_28
New Member
Has anyone who was put on hold in on 12/16 received a second hold email? I have not received any type of update or further communication today.
premedvibe
Full Member
i interviewed on the 12th and got a hold email on the 16th, no response yet eitherHas anyone who was put on hold in on 12/16 received a second hold email? I have not received any type of update or further communication today.
Last edited:
I got a “clarification of your status” email after the first decision saying I was still on hold, but that’s already known from the information at the interview day.Has anyone who was put on hold in on 12/16 received a second hold email? I have not received any type of update or further communication today.
premedvibe
Full Member
should i email them?
No. The second hold email everyone who interviewed earlier got was because applicants were emailing them en mass.should i email them?
premedvibe
Full Member
Do you think the rest of the decisions will come out today or would we have to wait until the next offer dateNo. The second hold email everyone who interviewed earlier got was because applicants were emailing them en mass.
Next offer date. They release all decisions on one day.Do you think the rest of the decisions will come out today or would we have to wait until the next offer date
golden2048
New Member
Has anyone received an acceptance later on after being passed initially?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think so yet. Based on previous cycles a good amount of applicants who were passed over ended up being accepted on the March dateHas anyone received an acceptance later on after being passed initially?
scientisticy5325
Full Member
not in the race here anymore but just thought it'd be funny to share I got an R here on Christmas Eve hahaha
weird gift but ok
weird gift but ok
scientisticy5325
Full Member
Good luck to everyone else tho!!
AlliesStardust
Full Member
Is anyone else still waiting on IIs? I'm an in-state applicant and did research through an MCV summer program during undergrad (went to a different school) so I thought I had an OK shot, but I'm starting to get worried.
medmintchip
Full Member
yeah 🙁 I am an OOS applicant but still haven't heard anythingIs anyone else still waiting on IIs? I'm an in-state applicant and did research through an MCV summer program during undergrad (went to a different school) so I thought I had an OK shot, but I'm starting to get worried.
nerotcinboxrefrshr
Full Member
+1 OOS Hold, interviewed last week
frigophobiashift
Full Member
Same!+1 OOS Hold, interviewed last week
Does anyone know if VCU has a second look weekend/day?
TaminLipseyFan1
Full Member
Have any other accepted students had issues with their portal? Mine no longer shows the pre-matriculation checklist or transition to medical school information.
Weird, mine never showed either of those. I have an Admissions Decision tab but it doesn't have any pre-matriculation info or transition to med school info. Were you accepted in Feb or one of the earlier dates?Have any other accepted students had issues with their portal? Mine no longer shows the pre-matriculation checklist or transition to medical school information.
They are hosting Accepted Students Days on selected Saturdays through May 2025, but I haven't gotten any specific info about that from admissions.Does anyone know if VCU has a second look weekend/day?
TaminLipseyFan1
Full Member
I was accepted in December, thank you for sharing though that makes me feel better haha I was worried they had rescinded my acceptanceWeird, mine never showed either of those. I have an Admissions Decision tab but it doesn't have any pre-matriculation info or transition to med school info. Were you accepted in Feb or one of the earlier dates?
The same thing happened to me!I was accepted in December, thank you for sharing though that makes me feel better haha I was worried they had rescinded my acceptance
jonathanqhumphries
New Member
Does anyone know if they accept a letter of intent after the interview? VCU is my number one choice and I really want them to know that.
BingingwithB99
Full Member
yes they do!Does anyone know if they accept a letter of intent after the interview? VCU is my number one choice and I really want them to know that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are there more IIs to be sent out?
madnessinmedicine
Full Member
guys is it time to give up on an II from here? i was really hoping to hear back from them :/
I believe they extend IIs into Marchguys is it time to give up on an II from here? i was really hoping to hear back from them :/
madnessinmedicine
Full Member
i have the same score. you gave me hope 😭Wow! It's not over til you get a rejection everyone. II received this morning, OOS LizzyM 69!! Beyond excited!
madnessinmedicine
Full Member
really? i thought because March 1st is the last offer date that that is pretty much itI believe they extend IIs into March
I think last offer date of the 4 is March 17th and then after that they’ll pull from the waitlist up until the first day of orientationreally? i thought because March 1st is the last offer date that that is pretty much it
The majority of my interviews came after the new year. It really is a game of patience lol.i have the same score. you gave me hope 😭
User1233210330
New Member
Interviewed in september and haven't heard back. I believe I recall them telling us not to send updates... have other people sent updates letters/LOI post-interview or is that something we should hold off from doing? If so, how did you submit to them?
I believe there was a ppt attached in the post-interview email which says that any updates must be submitted through email before the Monday of the following week of your MMI (email address can be found there). I interviewed in February so I’m not sure if the instructions were the same for you.Interviewed in september and haven't heard back. I believe I recall them telling us not to send updates... have other people sent updates letters/LOI post-interview or is that something we should hold off from doing? If so, how did you submit to them?
2024futuredoc
Full Member
Are there more IIs to be sent out?
D
deleted1203533
I interviewed the other day and I haven’t received any post interview material, does it normally take a few days?
catinsomehats
Full Member
soooo hypothetically what happens if we maybe don’t get an acceptance on march 17th maybe? 🥹 i had a sudden realization that i’ll have to be moved in by mid-june at a do program i’ve been accepted to and want to know how long i should keep my hopes up
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
robot_soup
Full Member
took a couple days for me!I interviewed the other day and I haven’t received any post interview material, does it normally take a few days?
D
deleted1197021
Does anyone know when we will receive financial aid?
MDPhDseeker23
New Member
This might be me being sensitive (which is probably it lol) but the MSTP rejection email is kinda rude 💀
D
deleted1203533
Got hold email just now, is this supposed to mean anything significant?
zigzagzinger
Full Member
Seems like most people get them after their interviews-- it means you'll either be accepted at their next decision date or placed on the WL.Got hold email just now, is this supposed to mean anything significant?