You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Washington University in St. Louis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The deadline, if there is one, is for you to turn in your essays, not for your other supporting documents. Schools know that committee letters can come in laterI’m coming up on 2 weeks since receiving WashU’s secondary—do you guys think the soft-deadline of 14 days still applies if my committee letter won’t be submitted until August?
most likely not since you didnt call them washington state.Stupid mistake but I called WashU the University of Washington in 1 of my essays in 1 sentence. Later in that paragraph I addressed them as Washington University but somehow didn't catch that one instance. Is this going to be problematic?
It is what it is and you cant fret about it now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Husky fans will understand this one.most likely not since you didnt call them washington state.
It is what it is and you cant fret about it now.
They received over 5700 applications last year, so it's time to wait for them to make their way through themMy primary was processed on 6/7, and I haven't received a secondary. Should I contact admissions or just wait it out?
they are notorious for not marking an app to completed status. They must have some internal review process that sometimes takes longer for some applicants.I submitted my secondary 4 days ago, but haven't received any confirmation email yet. Status says my application is not ready with a red x but all LORs are submitted. Does anyone have this issue?
they are notorious for not marking an app to completed status. They must have some internal review process that sometimes takes longer for some applicants.
So would that mean that you still won’t be under review by the committee?
i submitted day 1 and am still not processed. I dont think they've started going through and verifying apps yet, haha.how long did it take people's application to be marked complete after submitting? it's been 10 days for me now and i'm not sure if i should be worried about something
barbiedoc07
Full Member
mine was marked complete the day after I submitted (07/02) - they go through and verify that your letters have been received and meet their reqs is my understanding!
Aurrrr. Maybe i should reach out. Looks like one of my LOR is struggling to get verified haha.mine was marked complete the day after I submitted (07/02) - they go through and verify that your letters have been received and meet their reqs is my understanding!
Me too, might reach outAurrrr. Maybe i should reach out. Looks like one of my LOR is struggling to get verified haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mine was marked complete the day after I submitted (07/02) - they go through and verify that your letters have been received and meet their reqs is my understanding!
my letters have been marked as approved by admissions for a while now also so I don’t think that’s what it is… but i guess I’ll wait the 15 business days and then reach out
I still haven't received a secondary after my primary was verified 6/12. Anyone in the same boat?
It took me 10 days total (not business days) from submitting my secondary until I was marked as complete.
banananabread
Full Member
is there a limit on the number of letters that MD applicants can send in? their website says they require 3 but idk if there is an upper limit
and also - wanted to confirm that 3 letters have to come from instructors? the website says "letters should come from three instructors at a college or university", but then it also follows with "Letters may also come from research mentors, etc etc" so i'm in general confused by the LOR requirements
and also - wanted to confirm that 3 letters have to come from instructors? the website says "letters should come from three instructors at a college or university", but then it also follows with "Letters may also come from research mentors, etc etc" so i'm in general confused by the LOR requirements
Last edited:
INTL Rejection - MSTP
I emailed them asking if there were any issues with my application and they just told me to wait because it takes up to 15 business days to process (it had been 19 days). It was complete the day after I emaileddid you reach out/any success?
p4th2g0a1s
Full Member
Has anyone else still not received a secondary yet? I completed my primary application on 6/12, and it's been radio silence since then.
+1 what?
ger1atric
Full Member
He/she has been posting throughout other threads, it's secondary submitted lmao+1 what?
there is a "watch": button at the top right of the thread so you dont have to ping everyone elseI applied to WUSL and several other schools. Just want to get notified with new post.
D
deleted1176930
Did not apply to this med school last year or this year, but received this email from them about an hour ago. Have others been sent a similar email at any point in their application cycle?
If you have 518 or above, they send this email. It is possible it could be based on some other measures too.Did not apply to this med school last year or this year, but received this email from them about an hour ago. Have others been sent a similar email at any point in their application cycle?View attachment 390700
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1196843
I got this with a 507 a few months agoIf you have 518 or above, they send this email. It is possible it could be based on some other measures too.
Yeah they’re just shamelessly chasing a bag at this point. They know you’ll pay them money to submit a secondary. I think this year they sent it to anyone with a 505+ even though their average is 15+ points higherI got this with a 507 a few months ago
D
deleted1176930
Ok lit because I am nowhere near their median MCAT of 521 lmao so I was wondering why they sent it. Not spending my money on them just for them to reject me <3
dankmemes1
Full Member
Can someone answer this question because the tense of the prompt makes it sound like it's asking for what you have ALREADY done so far if you are not a full-time student? My gap year just started lol so I haven't done much. Should I detail what I plan to do till matriculation next year?This may sound dumb but for the third optional prompt, do we still fill it out if are just taking one gap year and have planned activities?
D
deleted1085576
LM 82 and I did not receive any promotional email from them before or after I submitted my secondary.Is the washu Wednesday email to everyone?
solarflare1230
Full Member
LM 78 with no email
Most likely they send out the email to everyone in batches so that it doesn't get caught by spam filters, the same way secondaries aren't sent out all at once
Is anyone willing to share what the email said? Was it a generic promotional email or information regarding the admissions process?
I do not have anything from them today.
LM77
I do not have anything from them today.
LM77
tryingmyverybest
Full Member
LM 77 got the email
D
deleted1085576
literally my thought process as well haha being extra delulu this weekme neither. SURELY no email = II soon COPE
That was the email for anyone curious
BlessTheMakerAndHisWater
Full Member
+1 OOS Secondary
+1 OOS II 🙂, marked complete 7/17
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Chef is cooking 👨🍳OOS II! Marked complete 8/2
Mcatbro123
Full Member
+1 OOS II. Application marked complete on 07/23/2024
cookiepearwatermelon
Full Member
Would everyone with an II be comfortable sharing LM? Thanks!
Mcatbro123
Full Member
Would everyone with an II be comfortable sharing LM? Thanks!
I had an LM of 78
OOS ii, 81 LM. Complete mid/late july