You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Washington University in St. Louis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
electricalspray
Full Member
Does anyone know if there is just one interview or multiple interviews for the interview day?
Does WashU have med students who are volunteers with admissions that reach out before interviews? I've had this for a couple other schools and was just wondering, since I don't know anyone who has lived in St. Louis and would like to get a sense of what life is like in the city from the med students perspective before interviewing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
banananabread
Full Member
yes they do!Does WashU have med students who are volunteers with admissions that reach out before interviews? I saw this for a couple other schools and was just wondering, since I don't know anyone who has lived in St. Louis and would like to get a sense of what life is like in the city as med students before interviewing
+1 OOS II BOO YEAH, LM 83 Submitted 7/3 so I thought they had forgotten about me 🥲
OOS II from TX, LM~72
completed secondary 07/23
completed secondary 07/23
Last edited:
congrats! complete date?OOS II from TX, LM~72
PS I already got an A from a DO, but I will still seriously prepare for this school (I know my GPA and MCAT is not that high)
This is a rolling admissions school. They dont hand out early interviews if they think you dont have a shot. They must like something in your app.OOS II from TX, LM~72
PS I already got an A from a DO, but I will still seriously prepare for this school (I know my GPA and MCAT is not that high)
D
deleted1085576
congrats! best of luck 🙂OOS II from TX, LM~72
PS I already got an A from a DO, but I will still seriously prepare for this school (I know my GPA and MCAT is not that high)
completed secondary 07/23
UT Austin PhD 9 pub (one nature comm.) 1 anti-cancer drug lead patent when as associate supervisor (my name is not on it lol, but my CEO writes letter for me...)
I know I cannot do MTSP because my PhD made me ineligible for another PhD
D
deleted1180326
is the deans session casual dress?
Mcatbro123
Full Member
I had my interview today… but I have a big presentation at the time of Dean’s Greeting. It is probably fine if I go to the one on Thursday… right?
Yes! You can go to either one during the week of your interviewI had my interview today… but I have a big presentation at the time of Dean’s Greeting. It is probably fine if I go to the one on Thursday… right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone interviewing Thursday get their interview times yet? I still haven't heard back
D
deleted1180326
is interview day just the 2 1:1 interviews and then the dean's greeting and meet the students for the week?
RedDevilz99
Full Member
+1 OOS Newsletter received.
No words. Thank you to everyone who has supported me through this journey! #TeamAlbatross strikes again
No words. Thank you to everyone who has supported me through this journey! #TeamAlbatross strikes again
thunderlight8
Full Member
+1 II OOS - finally my first one
TheHelper74
Full Member
+1 II OOS - finally my first one
Congrats! That is a good feeling. When were you complete?
TristanBongo
New Member
same here! complete on 8/23+1 II OOS - finally my first one
+1 OOS, complete 8/15, not expecting one from this school!! 🙂)) Yay!!
Last edited:
I didn't see any dates available though so I sent them an email, did anyone else have this issue?
thunderlight8
Full Member
8/13Congrats! That is a good feeling. When were you complete?
I was worried I had some major red flag so yeah I was definitely worried lol
+1 II OOS - finally my first one
The first of many!!! Y’all are going to kick ass this cycle+1 OOS II - also my first one of the cycle!
thunderlight8
Full Member
Thanks! This def helped me worry a bit less about my app having a major red flag at leastThe first of many!!! Y’all are going to kick ass this cycle![]()
brainrottt
Full Member
Late but OOS II received 9/13, complete 7/23, LM ~76
D
deleted1198104
what is the acceptance rate for OOS here? They interview around what percentage of OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1198104
Thank you.
Bump on this, the office hasn't gotten back to me yet either!I didn't see any dates available though so I sent them an email, did anyone else have this issue?
thunderlight8
Full Member
I had a bunch of dates available but the portal was super laggy (I got to schedule one though it just took 5+ min to load each page) so maybe it's just high traffic
D
deleted1180326
when r they scheduling for?I had a bunch of dates available but the portal was super laggy (I got to schedule one though it just took 5+ min to load each page) so maybe it's just high traffic
thunderlight8
Full Member
Late October at the earliestwhen r they scheduling for?
restingduck
Full Member
OOS II received 10/2
Complete 8/28, LM 84
Complete 8/28, LM 84
RedDevilz99
Full Member
LM 84 😮OOS II received 10/2
Complete 8/28, LM 84
scientistabc
Full Member
bump on this, if anyone knowsWhat is the Kira talent interview like? Should you prepare for more traditional interview questions, or is it mostly ethical scenarios? How long do you have to answer each prompt?
PotatoBean
Full Member
IIRC it was discussed earlier in the thread. It's basic Casper-style stuff; been a while since I did it but it's the typical 2-minutes-to-think followed by 5-minutes-to-respond (those numbers aren't exact, but should be directionally accurate).bump on this, if anyone knows
I can't recall the specific questions at this point but they were pretty typical SJT for the most part, if memory serves.
mapled0nut
Full Member
For me personally, the open-file interview was 45 min and in the morning, the closed-file was 30 min and in the afternoon. Good luck with your interviews, you will kill it!Is the 30 minute interview closed file and the 45 minute interview open file? The 30 min is with someone on admissions so I'm a bit confused by this
How many days before the interview did most people receive their interview times? I'm scheduled for this coming Wednesday and have yet to receive any word.
PotatoBean
Full Member
Can't recall specifically, but in general for most schools you'll know sometime in the 48 hours beforehand. You might get a general timeframe for the day as a whole, but for multiple schools I've gotten specific interview times either the morning of, or the day before.How many days before the interview did most people receive their interview times? I'm scheduled for this coming Wednesday and have yet to receive any word.
banananabread
Full Member
for those who have already interviewed, how did it go? was it mostly conversational or more structured?
PotatoBean
Full Member
V conversational, personally. A little structure, in the most basic sense. But one of the more conversational interviews I've had.for those who have already interviewed, how did it go? was it mostly conversational or more structured?
Could have come down to my specific interviewers, but definitely felt more relaxed and conversational than the majority of interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
banananabread
Full Member
Anyone planning to do the Kira talent interview the same day as the live interviews? Hopefully that's okay..
mapled0nut
Full Member
My interview was Oct 3 and my interview times were emailed to me on Oct 1 at 5:45pm. Hope this helps!How many days before the interview did most people receive their interview times? I'm scheduled for this coming Wednesday and have yet to receive any word.
D
deleted1116227
+1 II!! Complete early august!
donaldduckfanatic
Full Member
+1 OOS II!! LM 76 Complete late September
D
deleted1200309
+1 OOS II. Complete early august