You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Washington University in St. Louis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got it yesterday! Didn't see it till today 🫠congrats!! did you receive this today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
smokymango
New Member
You are a saint as per SDN standards.I got it yesterday! Didn't see it till today 🫠
Are you applying for MSTP or MD only?OOS II 😀 LM 77, verified 7/29
Slythery_snape
Full Member
Lmfaoooo I literally went on to comment the same thing why do they do this to us???Not the Newsletter email coming in hot and making me nervous for no reason -__-
Hey, look on the bright side! This time the email didn’t start with “invitation” 🙂Not the Newsletter email coming in hot and making me nervous for no reason -__-
GoofyGoober2
Full Member
+1 OOS Newsletter
MD only! Infinite respect to those who have what it takes for MSTPAre you applying for MSTP or MD only?
I feel stupid but have to ask what this means lol I'm sorryYou are a saint as per SDN standards.
what is this video assessment? Anyone has experience with that or something new this year
Were you able to see available interview dates?OOS II today!! LM 83 complete 7/3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheHelper74
Full Member
OOS II today!! LM 83 complete 7/3
Congrats! Great holiday weekend gift. Doesn’t look like they are going in order. Not sure how to interpret that.
I'm not... is anyone else able to?Were you able to see available interview dates?
D
deleted1180326
I'm not... is anyone else able to?
i was able to couple hours ago?Were you able to see available interview dates?
smokymango
New Member
It is normal for people here to check their emails at least once for every 30 mins while they are awake. For 24 hours, you didn't check your email during these times. What do you do? Just meditate for IIs to manifest?I feel stupid but have to ask what this means lol I'm sorry
D
deleted1187872
Does anyone have any recommendations how to prepare for the Kira Talent interview? I am not sure what to expect.
See their page with specific details here: The Interview: What to Expect - Medical Student AdmissionsDoes anyone have any recommendations how to prepare for the Kira Talent interview? I am not sure what to expect.
Ignore their reference to "AAMC VITA" which is no longer in action
D
deleted1187872
Thank you!See their page with specific details here: The Interview: What to Expect - Medical Student Admissions
Ignore their reference to "AAMC VITA" which is no longer in action
PotatoBean
Full Member
It was very reminiscent of a Casper-style setup; a couple of scenario-based questions for which you get time to ponder and then a couple of minutes to respond. The Kira website also has 3-4 orientation/practice questions so you get a pretty straightforward idea of what the process is, looks like, feels like, etc. N=1 it was very chill and took about 20-25 minutes.Does anyone have any recommendations how to prepare for the Kira Talent interview? I am not sure what to expect.
OOS II, complete 07/02.
Were you able to schedule your interview? If so, how?I'm not... is anyone else able to?
Yes I was! I just had to wait like 3 days and then dates appeared in the portalWere you able to schedule your interview? If so, how?
BrainStorm12
Full Member
Only got an SDN recently but OOS II received 8/30!!!! Complete 7/16! Super happy as this was my first non-state school II!!
electricalspray
Full Member
For anyone who already interviewed, how was the format of the Kira interview and the actual interview?
PotatoBean
Full Member
See above; I broke down the Kira interview a few days ago. Pretty chill, tbhFor anyone who already interviewed, how was the format of the Kira interview and the actual interview?
banananabread
Full Member
+1 oos II!!!! ahhhh!!!!!!! complete 8/16 LM 82
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mangoesareinmyhead
Full Member
+1 OOS II complete 7/16 !
i don’t see any available interview dates all the way through December?
i contacted them and they just told me to wait “it might be because the servers are overloaded” but they didn’t give me a real answer so i’m a little frustrated as I don’t think that’s the reason for no open dates since everything is loading perfectly fine …
i contacted them and they just told me to wait “it might be because the servers are overloaded” but they didn’t give me a real answer so i’m a little frustrated as I don’t think that’s the reason for no open dates since everything is loading perfectly fine …
it took like 3 days for dates to appear for me so I would say just wait and you can reach out to them next week if you still don't see datesi don’t see any available interview dates all the way through December?
i contacted them and they just told me to wait “it might be because the servers are overloaded” but they didn’t give me a real answer so i’m a little frustrated as I don’t think that’s the reason for no open dates since everything is loading perfectly fine …
it took like 3 days for dates to appear for me so I would say just wait and you can reach out to them next week if you still don't see dates
okay thanks for the information 🙂
banananabread
Full Member
for those of you who have already interviewed - i unfortunately didn't take casper so no idea how to prep or what to expect for the kira talent interview! any tips on how to prep / how much i should be prepping? should i be studying as if i were taking casper? i appreciate it 🙂
mapled0nut
Full Member
OOS II received 9/13, submitted secondary 7/11 🙂
newkungfukenny
Full Member
everything submitted for washu, but i haven't gotten an app is ready greenlight on the portal yet. i heard it's due to LOR. i only submitted about a week ago, though tbf, but usually how long is the turnaround time for this?
Hi, same thing happened to me. Turnaround was 11 days for me (submitted Aug 8, complete Aug 19). I believe it is a manual process where they check your LOR but dont quote me on thateverything submitted for washu, but i haven't gotten an app is ready greenlight on the portal yet. i heard it's due to LOR. i only submitted about a week ago, though tbf, but usually how long is the turnaround time for this?
newkungfukenny
Full Member
yea i heard something similar, like they manually check off LOR. anyway eh its fine, I don't think WashU is as anal as schools like NYU about submission at this timeHi, same thing happened to me. Turnaround was 11 days for me (submitted Aug 8, complete Aug 19). I believe it is a manual process where they check your LOR but dont quote me on that
PotatoBean
Full Member
It was largely similar to Casper-style. Any interview prep in that vein is fine. It was not a big deal, but comes down to some degree to how comfortable you are with responding to that style of question. Having taken Casper a few months ago I didn't do any special prep for this one; went finefor those of you who have already interviewed - i unfortunately didn't take casper so no idea how to prep or what to expect for the kira talent interview! any tips on how to prep / how much i should be prepping? should i be studying as if i were taking casper? i appreciate it 🙂
What do you mean by schools like NYU and submission? Like NYU cares about how soon you submitted secondaries after you received the application?yea i heard something similar, like they manually check off LOR. anyway eh its fine, I don't think WashU is as anal as schools like NYU about submission at this time
NYU sent over a third of their interviews in one single wave in July, so early submission very much matters for them. Some schools care a LOT about early submission.What do you mean by schools like NYU and submission? Like NYU cares about how soon you submitted secondaries after you received the application?
D
deleted1085576
unrelated but every time i see your posts on SDN you have even more interviews! absolutely cooking, dude -- congrats!NYU sent over a third of their interviews in one single wave in July, so early submission very much matters for them. Some schools care a LOT about early submission.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
southerncar
Full Member
No. They meant the early complete date has huge advantage. Not the duration between receiving date and submission date of your secondary.What do you mean by schools like NYU and submission? Like NYU cares about how soon you submitted secondaries after you received the application?
I appreciate the kind words! 🫶unrelated but every time i see your posts on SDN you have even more interviews! absolutely cooking, dude -- congrats!
Any insights on what other schools have a particular emphasis on this? I know early is generally better but I wasn't really aware that there were certain schools where it has a particularly huge advantageNo. They meant the early complete date has huge advantage. Not the duration between receiving date and submission date of your secondary.
Is anyone else still facing difficulties with scheduling an interview date?
HappyFeet1
Full Member
Me... have been waiting for my workplace to get back to me, but now I don't see any available dates T^TIs anyone else still facing difficulties with scheduling an interview date?