-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 West Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
+1 OOS II no WV ties
bur_covery
Full Member
OOS submitted it on 7/18, and the status on their portal is still "Form Submitted Successfully." For those who got an II or II WL, did your status ever change to be under review or something like that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
07/05congrats! when did you submit?
I am on II WL and it still says "Submitted"OOS submitted it on 7/18, and the status on their portal is still "Form Submitted Successfully." For those who got an II or II WL, did your status ever change to be under review or something like that?
OOS II WL just now, no ties, LM 72, complete 07/04
+1 OOS II WL, no ties, complete 7/12
jessiezhao815
Full Member
Pre-II WL, INTL, completed 7/8
Kay_Em_Jay
Full Member
II Pennsylvania resident with ties to WV. Submitted on 7/10.
golden2048
New Member
OOS II, neighboring state LM 71
complete 7/11
complete 7/11
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SushiSphinx
Full Member
Same, submitted 7/10!Feels like they're skipping over me lmao complete 7/8 and no word from them, but congrats to the rest of you!!
purpleolions
Full Member
Hey everyone. International Pre II Waitlist. I was just wondering, last year I also got a Pre II waitlist but in September. This year I got it much sooner in July. Does this mean anything? Both years I submitted early July.
LeafyGreeen
Full Member
LOL same, submitted 7/12, no activityFeels like they're skipping over me lmao complete 7/8 and no word from them, but congrats to the rest of you!!
bur_covery
Full Member
OOS submitted 7/18 and haven't heard anything.... no news is good news!
One of my friends goes there and I know a resident at Vanderbilt who went there: the cirrciculum seems to be odd or at a slower pace but lots more hands-on learning experince earlier on compared to other schools. As for the town there is nothing to do (but that means you will def study lol)Hi Y'all! Quick question. For those who attend WVUSoM, what are your honest thoughts on the school? I am from WV, and I've heard some pros and cons of the school. I want to see if some of those statements/opinions are valid. Thank you!
CorkDonkey5
Full Member
One of my friends goes there and I know a resident at Vanderbilt who went there: the cirrciculum seems to be odd or at a slower pace but lots more hands-on learning experince earlier on compared to other schools. As for the town there is nothing to do (but that means you will def study lol)
Unless you love the outdoors, in that case there’s unlimited things to do!
bur_covery
Full Member
you are giving me hope! similar LizzyM but completed 7/18. Good luck!I can't believe it! II OOS no ties. Lizzym of 69. Complete 7/4/24
INTL Pre-II waitlist. Submitted & Complete 7/10.
SushiSphinx
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II waitlist. I don’t know whether to be happy or sad, but at least I wasn’t rejected
doctoringbeaches
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R received just now 🙁 secondary submitted 7/11
Were you on the II waitlist?OOS Pre-II R received just now 🙁 secondary submitted 7/11
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctoringbeaches
Full Member
NopeWere you on the II waitlist?
bur_covery
Full Member
OOS no ties II waitlist, submitted 7/18
Last edited:
OOS II waitlist, submitted 7/18. Anyone know if the II waitlist moves around a lot? Is this a soft R?
bur_covery
Full Member
I have no actual idea, but I feel it's so early right now there will not be much movement, and it seems like most II waitlists are for OOS. I'm gonna forget about the school unless I have major updates until late Oct/November ishOOS II waitlist, submitted 7/18. Anyone know if the II waitlist moves around a lot? Is this a soft R?
BigSneed
Full Member
FWIW, I work with an attending who was on the pre-II OOS waitlist back in the day and ended up getting accepted and going there. WVU preferences instate ppl even if u have strong ties from what i understand. I’m on pre-II waitlist myself as an OOS so idk but that is what is giving me hope🤷🏻♂️OOS II waitlist, submitted 7/18. Anyone know if the II waitlist moves around a lot? Is this a soft R?
Congrats! When did you submit your secondary, and what were your stats, if you don't mind sharing? I hope the interview goes well!OOS II, ties to WV, but not from a neighboring state
I received the secondary on 7/2 and submitted 7/17. 518, 3.85 cgpa and lots of clinical hours 🙂 Thank you!!Congrats! When did you submit your secondary, and what were your stats, if you don't mind sharing? I hope the interview goes well!
Pre-II waitlist here – I just got my Casper score today and have designated it to WV.
Their website states, "If an applicant has a Casper™ score, it will be considered during waitlist pull decisions." Does this mean the waitlist for an interview or post-II?
Their website states, "If an applicant has a Casper™ score, it will be considered during waitlist pull decisions." Does this mean the waitlist for an interview or post-II?
LeafyGreeen
Full Member
I'm still waiting on my decision...Submitted 7/12
Same here - submitted 7/15. Although I'm Canadian so might be at the bottom of the pileI'm still waiting on my decision...Submitted 7/12
goldenretriever99
Full Member
OOS II!
Were you in WL? Any ties to WV?OOS II!
+1 OOS II, LM 73, submitted 7/28
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
letmein528
Full Member
+1 OOS II Waitlist
premedgal444
Full Member
submission date?+1 OOS II Waitlist
letmein528
Full Member
submission date?
7/12
goldenretriever99
Full Member
No I wasn’t on WL and I don’t have any ties to WVWere you in WL? Any ties to WV?