2024-2025 West Virginia

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, was this via email?
Yeah, it said to check my portal, then I had to click a little button to see my decision letter which was the WL.

3/4 of my MD interviews have been a waitlist, should I be concerned that I’m bad at interviewing or something?
 
Yeah, it said to check my portal, then I had to click a little button to see my decision letter which was the WL.

3/4 of my MD interviews have been a waitlist, should I be concerned that I’m bad at interviewing or something?
By the way, was it through the ApplyWeb portal?

Also, try not to be too hard on yourself. Getting a response from these schools means you performed well enough not to be rejected outright, which is an accomplishment in itself. I know a waitlist isn’t the outcome you were hoping for, but it’s something many applicants experience multiple times, even with strong interviews. Medical school admissions are often unpredictable, and interviews are just one part of the overall decision-making process, even post-II.

Plus, WVU has one of the lowest post-interview acceptance rates in the country, especially for out-of-state applicants.
 
By the way, was it through the ApplyWeb portal?

Also, try not to be too hard on yourself. Getting a response from these schools means you performed well enough not to be rejected outright, which is an accomplishment in itself. I know a waitlist isn’t the outcome you were hoping for, but it’s something many applicants experience multiple times, even with strong interviews. Medical school admissions are often unpredictable, and interviews are just one part of the overall decision-making process, even post-II.

Plus, WVU has one of the lowest post-interview acceptance rates in the country, especially for out-of-state applicants.
Thank you, I really appreciate it. All valid points ♥️

Also, yes It was the ApplyWeb portal!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS WL as well here

For those in the future wondering: You get an email that a decision has been made and to check the portal, then there is a new button on the portal that says 'view your decision letter'
 
OOS WL (interviewed 10/3) -- does WL movement really not start till April?
One of my friends was WL two years ago (MS3 now) and didn't hear until April. Schools also don't have to fill their class until mid-March, so unless they send all of their admissions offers early, there's no reason the WL would move until after that (if all of that makes sense). It sucks bigtime!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To anyone that submitted LOI or an update, what kind of information would this be? Specifically, if giving an update what kind of activities/information would be beneficial to include?
 
So it seems like almost everyone OOS gets waitlisted post II? I guess if there are family ties then those should be utilized in the interview?
Yes, it makes sense they will likely waitlist even very strong OOS applicants to give priority to WV residents and those with strong ties to WV.
 
So it seems like almost everyone OOS gets waitlisted post II? I guess if there are family ties then those should be utilized in the interview?
New to this thread so I've only read this page. Thought I would drop a data point. I submitted my secondary to WVU on 9/30 and they gave me an II (scheduled in February) on 10/21. I'm OOS with zero ties, but I am a veteran.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So it seems like almost everyone OOS gets waitlisted post II? I guess if there are family ties then those should be utilized in the interview?
I live under a mile from the WV state line, work in WV, family ties (not super strong) to WV and got OOS WL post-II. I think this is just what they do-- I got my II super early and interviewed early so I'm hopeful for some WL movement later in the cycle. Same thing happened to my friend who goes there now-- he was OOS and got WL and then got in in April. Same with his fiancee. 🤷‍♀️