2025-2026 Case Western Reserve

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on the same day. I specifically remember them not giving us a day and just saying late October. The suspense is brutal. I wish we knew what day it was.
I interviewed recently and they told us that their committee meeting was 10/27 where our candidacy would be discussed. They didn't tell us when we would hear by though.
 
I interviewed recently and they told us that their committee meeting was 10/27 where our candidacy would be discussed. They didn't tell us when we would hear by though.
Same, I just remember hearing 4-6 weeks and that the decisions should be out before Thanksgiving. Don't recall any firm date being given
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we submitted in July and have not been rejected yet, should we assume we are on hold? The portal says "update letters are accepted from applicants on hold for future interview" so I am wondering if it is appropriate to send a letter if we have not been rejected at this point. @CRWU.SMan
 
If we submitted in July and have not been rejected yet, should we assume we are on hold? The portal says "update letters are accepted from applicants on hold for future interview" so I am wondering if it is appropriate to send a letter if we have not been rejected at this point. @CRWU.SMan
I personally would not make this assumption.
 
as of last year ii went until january, and the cycle is behind for most schools this year so i doubt it.
Sorry, I just realized how unclear my question was. What I meant to ask is whether Case is pretty much done sending out IIs. My app was complete 8/23, I thought I was a good fit for them but I haven't heard anything back and I was really hoping that I would because I really like the school.
 
Sorry, I just realized how unclear my question was. What I meant to ask is whether Case is pretty much done sending out IIs. My app was complete 8/23, I thought I was a good fit for them but I haven't heard anything back and I was really hoping that I would because I really like the school.
Yes, and I said that they are most likely not done sending them out, as IIs went out until january last year. Don't waste your energy worrying about a program if you haven't heard back from them, the cycle is long and unpredictable.
 
I thought I was a good fit for them but I haven't heard anything back and I was really hoping that I would because I really like the school.
You along with most other applicants. Everyone who applied thinks they’re a good fit, hence why they applied. As others have said, there is no point in worrying so best to do things to strengthen your app until you get an A and enjoy life in the meantime.
 
If we submitted in July and have not been rejected yet, should we assume we are on hold? The portal says "update letters are accepted from applicants on hold for future interview" so I am wondering if it is appropriate to send a letter if we have not been rejected at this point. @CRWU.SMan
Maybe I was lucky, but I submitted 7/17 and noticed on Admit that others who submitted around the same time as me got caught in the July R wave whereas I didn't hear anything - I held out to Oct 15th when they made their first rounds of decisions and got an II on 10/16!

Let time pass, and only send update letters if 1) they are welcomed by the school (in this case, no because they haven't classified you explicitly on hold) and 2) you have something substantial to add (they won't necessarily prompt a re-evaluation of your app)

Hope this helps! Good luck!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you ever hear back?
I did not. I am guessing that people who interviewed in late September are getting lumped into the November decision release date. Last year, acceptance decisions were sent out on October 15th and then again on November 6th, so I expect a similar timeline this year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, not sure how Case does things, but I havent heard a single thing from them. Since they are one of those schools that send out rejections, is it safe to assume they are either thinking about my file or just havent gotten to it yet maybe? Does anyone know how this works?
 
Hey guys, not sure how Case does things, but I havent heard a single thing from them. Since they are one of those schools that send out rejections, is it safe to assume they are either thinking about my file or just havent gotten to it yet maybe? Does anyone know how this works?
when were you complete? I think from Case, especially if you submitted in july, not getting a rejection yet is a positive sign.
 
Does anyone have any guesses for when the next decision date will be? Especially for those who interviewed in late October?
 
Does anyone have any guesses for when the next decision date will be? Especially for those who interviewed in late October?
Interviewed early Nov and they said their next committee meeting isn't until early Dec but that they will try to get back to everyone who interviewed during the fall before they go on winter break.
 
when were you complete? I think from Case, especially if you submitted in july, not getting a rejection yet is a positive sign.
So i was complete 8/14. I am looking at admit.org and it seems like they have both interviewed and rejected people around that time so I guess thats why I was a little confused...This process is so confusing or I am getting paranoid lol
 
does anyone have an idea on how many people get accepted post deferral? maybe based on last year?
I am a current case student, got off the waitlist like May 2nd of the year I applied. They emailed in March/April that they would appreciate letters of intent from waitlisted students. Not sure if they still do that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I had to guess, they'll send out the Zoom link this afternoon, this Friday, or next Monday. All I remember them saying was before Thanksgiving
i also interviewed late oct and the email after the interview said 4-6 weeks so im no getting my hopes up until thanksgiving lol
 
Bored MS1 here, just finished exams, feel free to PM with any questions! 🙂
What's your favorite aspect of CWRU SOM so far? Is there anything you wish you knew about being a med student/med school before starting that you feel like is often overlooked?
 
What's your favorite aspect of CWRU SOM so far? Is there anything you wish you knew about being a med student/med school before starting that you feel like is often overlooked?
Hard to pick one thing because there really is so much I like. I'll shout out how nice the campus is; im often using the study spaces after our morning small-group sessions. The emphasis on student well-being is also greatly appreciated. I was surprised by the amount of time in my schedule to pursue whatever Im interested in. Hearing abt friends with mandatory 8 am to 12 pm sessions makes me grateful I came here

In terms of something I wish I knew, most students find out that if you study for Step, you'll probably be able to pass in-house content. but solely studying in-house does not fully prepare you for Step.