2025-2026 Indiana

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have completed the "Dean of Students Evaluation" did you just send the pdf to the dean of your school and they send it back to Indiana?
Yes, my school had a section where you can upload these kinds of things, and they were pretty quick about submitting it.
 
I am wondering how long it has taken people to get their interview scheduled. I submitted all the required materials/graduate application on 9/23 and they still haven't checked my prereqs/letters of reference. Does it normally take a minute?
 
I am wondering how long it has taken people to get their interview scheduled. I submitted all the required materials/graduate application on 9/23 and they still haven't checked my prereqs/letters of reference. Does it normally take a minute?
takes a month about. read previous posts from last year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
assuming by secondary you mean the pre II stuff, then yes. it takes a long time to be given an II date. Did you check and make sure everything was marked as completed?
I have not received any correspondence since sending the primary application. I was mistaken on the secondary part.
 
I have not received any correspondence since sending the primary application. I was mistaken on the secondary part.
Ah. You will only receive an email a couple months after sending your primary to them stating they have it unless you are invited for an interview.
 
Interview scheduled this week and I am slightly lost: Do I log in using the zoom links in their email or via the interview tab on the applicant portal?And if using the email with zoom links, is the "Admissions Ambassadors" the correct link?
 
Interview scheduled this week and I am slightly lost: Do I log in using the zoom links in their email or via the interview tab on the applicant portal?And if using the email with zoom links, is the "Admissions Ambassadors" the correct link?
email
 
I have an interview end of october, is there any timeline on when i should hear back? I see on their website it says the 15th of each month, anyone know by which month I should hear back? Or if rejection letters are typically sent out sooner or later than acceptance ones?
 
I have an interview end of october, is there any timeline on when i should hear back? I see on their website it says the 15th of each month, anyone know by which month I should hear back? Or if rejection letters are typically sent out sooner or later than acceptance ones?
rejections aren't sent out until the summer. would be at least November but some folks did not hear back until late spring.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good evening post II folks. FYI IU snail mails A's so do not expect to hear anything via email/portal tomorrow regarding decisions!
 
maybe its different for later acceptees? I am going off what it has been for the 10/15 folks the last few years.
I see! My sister in law told me they always sent out decisions on wednesday and also all the interviews are on wednesdays. I am attending IUSM for a master right now and every exams is scheduled on wednesdays as well so i thought it made sense for them to send decisions out on wednesdays... in fact i have a midterm in two hours 0.0 I feel like it'd be pretty hard to control when the decisions are received by applications if they send it by mail lol.
 
Last edited:
I see! My sister in law told me they always sent out decisions on wednesday and also all the interviews are on wednesdays. I am attending IUSM now for a master right now and every exams is scheduled on wednesdays as well so i thought it made sense for them to send decisions out on wednesdays... in fact i have a midterm in two hours 0.0 I feel like it'd be pretty hard to control when the decisions are received by applications if they send it by mail lol.
exactly thats why they mail them out on wednesday (today) good luck on your midterm! You got this!
 
Sorry if this has been asked already, but how long does it take for prereqs to be verified? It has been over a month and I am interviewing as OOS for tradiitonal/UMP program. Thanks!
 
Sorry if this has been asked already, but how long does it take for prereqs to be verified? It has been over a month and I am interviewing as OOS for tradiitonal/UMP program. Thanks!
Took me at least a month I think. Don’t worry about it tbh. It won’t impact anything because I got my interview date before they were verified.
 
Took me at least a month I think. Don’t worry about it tbh. It won’t impact anything because I got my interview date before they were verified.
Gotcha, thanks! I was invited to interview on Sep 15th and have not yet received my dates which worried me but it sounds like it usually takes around a month!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anybody heard anything re: acceptance? They were to go out on or after 10/15. Does anybody know if they call, email or snail mail??
 
Got a letter from IU Med School at my home address just now, but my parents are driving it to my college instead of opening it lmao. Fingers crossed I guess
are you IS? If its larger than a regular envelope it is probably good news!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing today in my mail but it might be coming monday since I have an oversized mail piece coming.