Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woohoooo!+1 IS A! Got letter just now, interviewed 8/27
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Woohoooo!+1 IS A! Got letter just now, interviewed 8/27
Any update?Portal does remain unchanged, but that seems normal looking at the last couple of years
Update to this: apparently they forgot to remove this line from the campus selection form because it was a thing in previous years!!For ED campus selection, is someone not allowed to rank Indianapolis #1 if they have a 126 on any MCAT section? I feel like they should've said that beforehand on their site.
I am so sorry to hear this. Were you notified via email?+1 post II R, OOS LM 69
Correct, was expecting it tbh.I am so sorry to hear this. Were you notified via email?
I have similar stats and also OOS, interview not scheduled yet but I was invited. Do you mind sharing what you think went well/wrong?Correct, was expecting it tbh.
Yeah, I think I logged on a little late but from what I remember it was a pretty quick log in then just sitting around for a bit before the actual interview. Grab a snack, go to the bathroom, whatever, after you're logged in. Feel free to correct me though if anybody has done it more recently than a month ago and remembers better...I feel like this is dumb but I'm so nervous about messing something up. I got an email with the zoom link for my interview and it says i need to check in 45 minutes prior. Once I check in, do I just stay on the zoom call for the whole 45 minutes? I only got one zoom link so I'm assuming the check-in and actual interview use the same link right?
Also, how long should I expect the interview to last? From what I saw online I'm thinking 45-ish minutes?
If you scroll up you’ll see it takes over a month for a date.IS II 9/30 Application recieved 9/2 submitted 8/29. Still no date, is this normal for someone who applied this late?
IS II 9/30 Application recieved 9/2 submitted 8/29. Still no date, is this normal for someone who applied this late?
Sorry, I should’ve been more clear. I looked at this thread + last year’s but I wasn’t able to find an estimate for how long it takes to get an interview date. I spoke with a current M1 there who submitted his primary 11/15 and got his II in under 3 weeks and date a few days later (mid January, got A in feb). I’m assuming it’s a less amplified version of the AMCAS verification times where if you submitted first day/very late it’s quicker vs doing it at the same time as everyone else.If you scroll up you’ll see it takes over a month for a date.
Good to see I’m not the only one. Have your prerequisite/LoR been verified?I still haven't gotten mine either and my II was 9/23. I check the portal every day lol
Ah okay. It took me about a month to get a date and I was among the first interview sessions.Sorry, I should’ve been more clear. I looked at this thread + last year’s but I wasn’t able to find an estimate for how long it takes to get an interview date. I spoke with a current M1 there who submitted his primary 11/15 and got his II in under 3 weeks and date a few days later (mid January, got A in feb). I’m assuming it’s a less amplified version of the AMCAS verification times where if you submitted first day/very late it’s quicker vs doing it at the same time as everyone else.
When did you submit your AMCAS? I’m wondering if anyone who submitted theirs early (excluding ED) didn’t have to wait as long.Ah okay. It took me about a month to get a date and I was among the first interview sessions.
I was in the first wave.When did you submit your AMCAS? I’m wondering if anyone who submitted theirs early (excluding ED) didn’t have to wait as long.
If it makes you feel any better I got mine 9/15 and still no email about scheduling. Think its gonna have to be a longggg wait unfortunatelyI still haven't gotten mine either and my II was 9/23. I check the portal every day lol
How are your stats if you don’t mind me asking? A student told me that IUSM likes to interview higher stat (mainly MCAT according to them) students first out of a group.If it makes you feel any better I got mine 9/15 and still no email about scheduling. Think its gonna have to be a longggg wait unfortunately
Don’t think it matters tbh people in this thread have gotten A’s without it updatingWhen did everyone's prereq status get updated? Mine still has no update since day 1 and I just did my interview so I really need to make sure that it gets completed.
Oh wow. Thanks! Edit: I emailed them and confirmed that the prerequisite status does not affect the completeness of the application as many applicants have in progress or future prerequisites and they won't mark them completed until they receive official transcript that reflect satisfactory grades for these classes. As long as the rest of your app is complete your file should also be complete and ready for review.Don’t think it matters tbh people in this thread have gotten A’s without it updating
LM 69How are your stats if you don’t mind me asking? A student told me that IUSM likes to interview higher stat (mainly MCAT according to them) students first out of a group.
How do you calculate LM? I am new to thisLM 69
Nope not yetGood to see I’m not the only one. Have your prerequisite/LoR been verified?
How do you calculate LM? I am new to this
I’m around that, Godspeed on getting a date.LM 69
14 days to accept their offer of admission. Then you have until March to use the “choose your medical school” tool on AMCAS to commit to one program. Search up AAMC traffic rules to understand.On the Acceptance letter it said something about letting them know within 14 days. I thought we had until March to decide whih school we wanted to accept. Anybody know what's up there?
Sorry this is completely unrelated but i just noticed your signature. 16 II's and 10 A's before end of October?? What a legend 👽14 days to accept their offer of admission. Then you have until March to use the “choose your medical school” tool on AMCAS to commit to one program. Search up AAMC traffic rules to understand.
Every 15thDoes anyone know if we are expecting news around the 15th/middle of the month every month only or every wednesday from now on?
thank you!Every 15th
I think it took me last year 2-3 months to get that email. Given ur late expect it to be maybe even longerI applied in early september and still haven’t received an email letting me know they’ve received my application. Should I email them?
I've been waiting for an interview date since 9/29 as well. Wondering if it's worth shooting them an email.Anyone know how long it’ll take for an interview date to be scheduled? Still waiting since 9/29
Anyone know how long it’ll take for an interview date to be scheduled? Still waiting since 9/29
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.