$300 000 down??

Started by tea1018
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tea1018

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just talked to one of my friends who was accepted for the 2009 class who told me he was conditionally accepted upon showing $300 000 in CASH. Ie, no stocks, bonds, collaterals etc. That was the final step needed to secure his place because of the recession.

Really?? I mean, if that was the only thing between me and a MD I'd cough up the money, but not without some serious headaches first. Anybody know anything about this?
 
Yeah I've heard of international students being asked to front large amounts of money but not any residents.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, international students are generally required to show at LEAST 100k in the bank. I couldn't come up with that money so that's why I waited until after I received my green card to apply.
 
Yes, he is international but told me all this classmates did the same thing incase loans don't come through. I'm not familiar on the topic of student loans because I never took one before (scholarship + working was enough.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.