Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So its safe to say that Friday is pretty much the day when interviews are extended?

Members don't see this ad.

Some of us got ours on Thursdays, both from different interview dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invite from ACOM. Very Excited!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
II today! Complete email 10/26.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone had success with slots opening up? I couldn't get an interview time until mid March. That's crazy!

Cancelling interview for 12/2. Gotta save money for a deposit. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 1 users
I just got one as well. Now I need to comb through 56 pages of this thread to see what the interview is like and other relevant information

Reactions: 1 user
Cancelling interview for 12/2. Gotta save money for a deposit. Good luck everybody!
Congrats on your other acceptance! Have you dropped the date on the portal yet? I'd love to snag the date. Thanks!

Congrats on your other acceptance! Have you dropped the date on the portal yet? I'd love to snag the date. Thanks!
I emailed to cancel and they confirmed. You might try contacting admissions and asking for the date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear everyone,

Stalk the interview portal for people dropping them and especially as the interview dates are approaching. I swear I checked every day and moved my date up over two months.

Dear everyone,

Stalk the interview portal for people dropping them and especially as the interview dates are approaching. I swear I checked every day and moved my date up over two months.
I'm curious as to how the portal works. Are the slots updated in real time, or are they just all updated at the end of the day?

EDIT: Apparently its real time. I was just able to move my slot up from 3/17 to 3/3 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Summerfield apps is open $650 each for 2 beds. I'm female. Any accepted students who will most likely attend ACOM please PM me. Thanks!

Thanks for the interview spot, pal. I just nabbed it ;)

You saved me a lot of stress. I was scheduled for 3/3

PSA: I just dropped my January 6th interview date.

Hey newcomers, I'm ACOM 3rd year. I have to echo what Nemo said last page, ACOM has amazing rotations and that is a very overlooked aspect for many premeds considering schools. Rotations are half of your experience no matter where you go and need weight when making a decision.

There's a lot of nice things that can grab your attention at this stage. Look for solid rotations and places you can excel on boards

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
How do we check the status of our application? I received a complete email a few days ago, but I never received any information on how to access a portal.

I got the complete email on 11/3 and today is my 3 week mark. Are they typically pretty diligent with this 3 week span for interviews or should I hold out a little longer?

You guys who got the WL can take some solace in the numbers. I believe 40 of the class before me and close to that number in my class was accepted off WL. Hold hope well into the new year, folks were getting the welcome call even the first week of orientation (July)

Hey guys! I know I'm late to the thread but I have a question. What do yall like about this school so much? I was researching it and they have provisional accredation. Can someone fill me in on all the hype? Thanks

Hey guys! I know I'm late to the thread but I have a question. What do yall like about this school so much? I was researching it and they have provisional accredation. Can someone fill me in on all the hype? Thanks
Full thread of juice here to explain why.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I stopped reading when people started talking about how to do their hair for interview day... thanks for the help
Pet peeve of mine when people ask for information that has been repeatedly discussed instead of looking for yourself.

I looked for you anyways. Impressions from first interview day around page 65 (mobile view) or rather around August 5 and after.

Pet peeve of mine when people ask for information that has been repeatedly discussed instead of looking for yourself.

I looked for you anyways. Impressions from first interview day around page 65 (mobile view) or rather around August 5 and after.

I'm sorry I bothered you so much. I thought that is what these threads were for, to openly discuss things with no negativity. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

I'm sorry I bothered you so much. I thought that is what these threads were for, to openly discuss things with no negativity. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.
It's not we aren't here to help (we are :)), it's just that the same information has been posted repeatedly. Take the time to sift through the posts in this topic. Most of us don't have the time to do it for you and would also like to see some effort on your part ;).

It took me literally less than 10 minutes to find the info for myself. You can also use the search tool to filter the posts in this topic.

Reactions: 3 users
what off campus apartments do most students live?
highlands hills (furthest away), magnolia (right by mall), sweet water (not as pricy, 12 minute drive), fieldcrest (cheapest. 9 minute drive)

I'm staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites by ACOM on 12/1. Is anyone else? I'm down with grabbing a few drinks!

Reactions: 2 users