You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CHOOSE YOUR OWWN III - Game Thread
Started by Animal Midwife
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh I like thisI have a theory about Wonder, making the goo claim to draw heat off Chaos and put more focus on Lumi. Combined with the Judas claim, I could see this being a plan hatched in Wolf chat. Overall I need to see more from Wonder.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm intrigued by this. So in this theory, you think Wonder could be w/w with Chaos - but what do you think of the goo claim, then? A lie? Used for ability instead? Something else?I have a theory about Wonder, making the goo claim to draw heat off Chaos and put more focus on Lumi. Combined with the Judas claim, I could see this being a plan hatched in Wolf chat. Overall I need to see more from Wonder.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
"I'm going to go to bed," she said optimistically, ages ago.
Like, in my mind Wonderās only real contribution was giving village a good alternative to Chaos, at a time when the Judas claim would have made village willing to look for somewhere else to vote.Oh I like this
Am I supposed to imagine this the way Iām imagining thisHands Lawpy a towel
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I might be understating this a bit. She gets misvoted, and early, a lot when she plays. I know I've participated in this multiple times. I have shot her incorrectly at least once when I was a vig. So it's really hard for me to feel confident in pushing her early.My only reservation is that I am pretty sure I always think she's wolfing lol
W/W.I'm intrigued by this. So in this theory, you think Wonder could be w/w with Chaos - but what do you think of the goo claim, then? A lie? Used for ability instead? Something else?
Potentially a outright lie or more likely used for ability. I would expect Wonder to know outright that Lumi was lying about about the goo.
And maybe Chaos felt safe picking it for the fake claim, knowing his packmate had it in their roles.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Eh, I'll try this and see how it feels.
Contingency yeet Wonder
Contingency yeet Wonder
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Like, in my mind Wonderās only real contribution was giving village a good alternative to Chaos, at a time when the Judas claim would have made village willing to look for somewhere else to vote.
I'm interested to hear @LuminousLag's thoughts on this whenever they come back.W/W.
Potentially a outright lie or more likely used for ability. I would expect Wonder to know outright that Lumi was lying about about the goo.
And maybe Chaos felt safe picking it for the fake claim, knowing his packmate had it in their roles.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
posts just to see if shorty is still awake
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Iām brushing my teeth hiposts just to see if shorty is still awake
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
HelloIām brushing my teeth hi
Can you talk me through your genny vote?posts just to see if shorty is still awake
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Here is my 1am summary/paraphraseCan you talk me through your genny vote?
genny: fluff post fluff post fluff post, one content post that is just an offhand disagreement with someone about one of alley's posts. No follow up.
Dubz: hmm. *Vote genny*
genny: lots of very funny posts. Makes Dubz laugh. Content still minimal. When chaos is already leading (I think?), says some prophetic stuff about how he could have a great one shot scum role or something. Joins as #6 on the vote, I think.
Dubz: hmmm. *Says a lot of things that end up being wrong BUT THE LOGIC WAS SOUND* and then mentions scum might like voting for chaos
genny: "If they vote for chaos that would be bussing"
Dubz: what, game is multiball, unless you're in a big pack
genny: I want to vote you now
Dubz: Why
genny: *exits*
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Okay but waitW/W.
Potentially a outright lie or more likely used for ability. I would expect Wonder to know outright that Lumi was lying about about the goo.
And maybe Chaos felt safe picking it for the fake claim, knowing his packmate had it in their roles.
Because I like your theory and think most of it makes sense, but Chaosā response to Lumiās counterclaim doesnāt make a ton of sense if he knew that Lumi was lying, which he would in this scenario.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Like, why would he just roll over with the āwell, frickā instead of pushing harder that Lumi was lying? Heād know they wouldnāt flip as the goo, and a good portion of the thread was clearly willing to vote there. That would have probably had a better outcome than what happened.Okay but wait
Because I like your theory and think most of it makes sense, but Chaosā response to Lumiās counterclaim doesnāt make a ton of sense if he knew that Lumi was lying, which he would in this scenario.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Iām trying to think of a scenario where that would make sense for a w/w Chaos/Wonder to do in the game state as it was, but I donāt see much of a downside at all for Chaos to just bury Lumi if he knew for sure they were lying.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Contingency unyeet Wonder
I need to think about this more when itās not past my bedtime.
I need to think about this more when itās not past my bedtime.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
That "Well, frick" was such a pure reaction 

Iāve thought about that. Itās not a deal breaker. I mean Chaos canāt exactly say āyouāre lying, my packmate is the goo!ā And with Wonder having not posted yet, the best choice would be to pivot to the Judas claim and fill Wolf Chat with alarm bells for Wonder about how to handle it, which is what Wonderās first post was.Okay but wait
Because I like your theory and think most of it makes sense, but Chaosā response to Lumiās counterclaim doesnāt make a ton of sense if he knew that Lumi was lying, which he would in this scenario.
Eh. Thatās pretty speculative about what a player would choose to do in the moment, with hindsight being 20/20. If the tin foil is true, itās hard to know what exactly went through his head. Maybe he thought he got Wonderās choice wrong for the fake claim or something? Maybe just knowing he was lying and being called out on it made him post an initial gut reaction instead of thinking it through? Who knows.Like, why would he just roll over with the āwell, frickā instead of pushing harder that Lumi was lying? Heād know they wouldnāt flip as the goo, and a good portion of the thread was clearly willing to vote there. That would have probably had a better outcome than what happened.
Itās definitely a point worth considering against the theory for sure. Itās not an air tight tin foil. But I think thereās possible explanations.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
No, but if a packmate had that card anyway, why not just stick to his own claim and then they just swap claims for the remainder of the game? Why wouldnāt he just double down on him being the goo since heād know for sure that Lumi wasnāt, and then coordinate claims with Wonder whenever she came on?Iāve thought about that. Itās not a deal breaker. I mean Chaos canāt exactly say āyouāre lying, my packmate is the goo!ā And with Wonder having not posted yet, the best choice would be to pivot to the Judas claim and fill Wolf Chat with alarm bells for Wonder about how to handle it, which is what Wonderās first post was.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Wonder hadnāt posted at all when that went down, IIRC, so itās not like heād have to worry about contradicting her.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I keep trying to make an argument to myself that something like that could happen for distancing/to make Wonder look better, but itās overridden by my not seeing a downside to Chaos just burying Lumi in this scenario.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
unless Lumi is also packmate
Both of Chaosās non discarded roles were scum though.and then they just swap claims for the remainder of the game?
Itās a question. But it think it falls into a category of questions that are basically sayingWhy wouldnāt he just double down on him being the goo since heād know for sure that Lumi wasnāt, and then coordinate claims with Wonder whenever she came on?
āI would have done it this way. Why didnāt you do it the way I would have?ā
And short of asking him what his through process was, we arenāt going to get an answer.
Iām saying just because you can come up with a more game theory optimal strategy of how he should have played in that situation, doesnāt mean itās how he would have or possibly did handle it.
Itās the same reason why behavioral economics is a more reliable model of the real world instead of neoclassical economics. People donāt always make the āgame theory optimalā, or most logical play.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It would satisfy my question of why Chaos would feel safe going with the goo claim, along with making sense of his statement about not thinking anyone would pick it (didn't make a ton of sense at the time since he knew it could have been used for aff instead of ability). If he had a knee jerk "Well, frick" reaction to Lumi's claim, he would then have had to figure out how to explain why he lied.
The part that gets messy is like...why did chaos claim it instead of leaving it for Wonder to claim herself? Why make that move in the first place?
The part that gets messy is like...why did chaos claim it instead of leaving it for Wonder to claim herself? Why make that move in the first place?
Last edited:
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dammit my pinky hit post
I think itās pretty hard to assume it would play out in Chaosās favor.I keep trying to make an argument to myself that something like that could happen for distancing/to make Wonder look better, but itās overridden by my not seeing a downside to Chaos just burying Lumi in this scenario.
Chaos claims Goo.
Lumi claims Goo.
Chaos says Lumi is lying.
Who does village believe?
From my perspective, without a compelling reason not to, Iām more inclined to believe Lumi, because why on earth would a wolf!Lumi counter claim Chaos there? If Lumi was wrong and Chaos was right, then Wolf!Lumi guaranteed themselves a D2 yeet.
So if village, following that logic, is more inclined to believe Lumi over Chaos, then Chaos fighting Lumi, even knowing Lumi is lying, doesnāt end well for Chaos.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I am going to bed now before my other fingers start rebelling
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
He claimed to use it for aff too so it wouldn't even come with the benefit of discouraging night actions.The part that gets messy is like...why did chaos claim it instead of leaving it for Wonder to claim herself? Why make that move in the first place
Okay now I'm going to bed
Weāre talking about the Chaos who claimed to seer Bob and then bussed him into the ground.The part that gets messy is like...why did chaos claim it instead of leaving it for Wonder to claim herself? Why make that move in the first place?
I wouldnāt put it past him to snag a teammateās ability pick, when his teammate hadnāt even shown up to post yet.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
That was after Bob was already under suspicion though. It seemed wild and crazy at the time, but really he was getting ahead of a vote that he thought was happening anyway.Weāre talking about the Chaos who claimed to seer Bob and then bussed him into the ground.
I wouldnāt put it past him to snag a teammateās ability pick, when his teammate hadnāt even shown up to post yet.
Fair but still, in this case weāre talking about whatās safe to fake claim, and taking Wonderās Goo to claim on thread might be something he would see as fair game?That was after Bob was already under suspicion though. It seemed wild and crazy at the time, but really he was getting ahead of a vote that he thought was happening anyway.

WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I just have a hard time wrapping my head around him doing that and leaving her to have to figure out a fake claim too. Why force both wolves to lie when you don't have to?Fair but still, in this case weāre talking about whatās safe to fake claim, and taking Wonderās Goo to claim on thread might be something he would see as fair game?![]()
The bussing in OWWlympics was a high risk tactic but reward was also high. They had already lost pippy and were likely to be voted out in quick succession themselves. He got himself from there to cleared by burying Bob.
I just don't see the same high reward here unless the plan was always for Wonder to counterclaim and therefore try to clear one of them. Which is possible but feels like 3 steps beyond what he did in OWWlympics.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm just getting stuck on whether this scenario is probable, even if it is theoretically possible. It answers some of my questions but then raises more.
And now I can't stop thinking about it lol
And now I can't stop thinking about it lol
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It's also predicated on Wonder actually deciding to be wolf black goo which is in and of itself a hard pill to swallow unless her wolf ability option would have literally tanked village somehow.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
The only wolf roles I can see that would have been awful enough to maybe decide to choose wolf black goo over village aff with the wolf ability would be Miller and gravedigger. Which, if the poor thing got village Miller, black goo, and one of those as her cards...wow that is some terrible luck lol
One partially unfused Lawpy is here
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I agree with this, but I want to look at some timing stuff once Iām at my computer. Because the thing is, with your second paragraph, that while I agree with you and itās very much factoring into my read of Lumi, the thread as a whole has been gunning for them, I think partially because their tone and approach was offputting to people.I think itās pretty hard to assume it would play out in Chaosās favor.
Chaos claims Goo.
Lumi claims Goo.
Chaos says Lumi is lying.
Who does village believe?
From my perspective, without a compelling reason not to, Iām more inclined to believe Lumi, because why on earth would a wolf!Lumi counter claim Chaos there? If Lumi was wrong and Chaos was right, then Wolf!Lumi guaranteed themselves a D2 yeet.
So if village, following that logic, is more inclined to believe Lumi over Chaos, then Chaos fighting Lumi, even knowing Lumi is lying, doesnāt end well for Chaos.
I mean, look at alley and some of the others, who are pretty much refusing to even consider the (IMO more likely) possibility of a town 5D chess move there. alley doesnāt even want to entertain the notion of it, she just wants to bury them because ālying bad.ā Without thinking about that if Lumiās claims are true, itās a move that makes sense for a decent town PR to make to buy themselves more time to use it.
Of course, you can make that last sentence an argument for a scum PR as well, but then that goes back to your point of why it wouldnāt make as much sense for scum to do that. But then again, Iām a little stuck on the āwhy on earth would a wolf!Lumi counterclaim Chaos thereā because regardless of aff, Lumi DID counterclaim Chaos there and apparently it was a lie, which makes the point of āif they were wrong, it guarantees them a D2 yeetā less strong.
I think? Am I awake enough for this?
I want to look at Lumiās thread entrance again and see what the overall temperature was toward them relative to when the claim and counterclaim happened.
Mostly I feel worse about Dubz because it seems very unusual for her to take a strong stand on genny so early, and I donāt agree with what sheās saying about genny. I would very much expect her to give it at least another day for The Genny Way to appear with genny playing imo pretty much to her usual standards, even with more content than some games where Dubz has been like ānot seeing the genny way but too early to tellāI'm feeling better about genny with her interactions with Dubz.
Unclear. Hold plsI think? Am I awake enough for this?
Will statistics for treats@Viscernable @LuminousLag Statistics lovers... This one's on you
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh, I see what youāre saying.Both of Chaosās non discarded roles were scum though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Iām still perplexed by this response to my asking alissa for clarification.Then I donāt know why shorty. Time?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
The thing is, if Lumi is telling the truth about not knowing that some of the cards were only present in the game once, they wouldn't have known they were counterclaiming chaos.I agree with this, but I want to look at some timing stuff once Iām at my computer. Because the thing is, with your second paragraph, that while I agree with you and itās very much factoring into my read of Lumi, the thread as a whole has been gunning for them, I think partially because their tone and approach was offputting to people.
I mean, look at alley and some of the others, who are pretty much refusing to even consider the (IMO more likely) possibility of a town 5D chess move there. alley doesnāt even want to entertain the notion of it, she just wants to bury them because ālying bad.ā Without thinking about that if Lumiās claims are true, itās a move that makes sense for a decent town PR to make to buy themselves more time to use it.
Of course, you can make that last sentence an argument for a scum PR as well, but then that goes back to your point of why it wouldnāt make as much sense for scum to do that. But then again, Iām a little stuck on the āwhy on earth would a wolf!Lumi counterclaim Chaos thereā because regardless of aff, Lumi DID counterclaim Chaos there and apparently it was a lie, which makes the point of āif they were wrong, it guarantees them a D2 yeetā less strong.
I think? Am I awake enough for this?
I want to look at Lumiās thread entrance again and see what the overall temperature was toward them relative to when the claim and counterclaim happened.
Plus they also said they hadn't read anything when they claimed the goo. So double wouldn't have known they were counterclaiming.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Okay, but now Iām circled back around to not understanding Chaosā reaction there if weāre in a world where he knew Lumi was lying.The thing is, if Lumi is telling the truth about not knowing that some of the cards were only present in the game once, they wouldn't have known they were counterclaiming chaos.
Plus they also said they hadn't read anything when they claimed the goo. So double wouldn't have known they were counterclaiming.
Iāve been stuck on this train of thought all night, itās just not clicking into place for me.
The rest of Zengeās theory makes sense to me and would explain some of the things I had questions about, but Iām really struggling to make this part make sense in my head.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Context is important. This isn't a game where she posted 5 times and was otherwise completely absent or seemed like she was behind on the thread, and so I couldn't get any sort of read yet.Mostly I feel worse about Dubz because it seems very unusual for her to take a strong stand on genny so early, and I donāt agree with what sheās saying about genny. I would very much expect her to give it at least another day for The Genny Way to appear with genny playing imo pretty much to her usual standards, even with more content than some games where Dubz has been like ānot seeing the genny way but too early to tellā
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm struggling with different parts of it lol But I think we'll just keep going in circles. At the moment to me it feels like something that we're kind of trying to force to fit the situation, rather than it actually fitting organically. So I'm inclined to focus elsewhere, though I do still want to hear more from Wonder.Okay, but now Iām circled back around to not understanding Chaosā reaction there if weāre in a world where he knew Lumi was lying.
Iāve been stuck on this train of thought all night, itās just not clicking into place for me.
The rest of Zengeās theory makes sense to me and would explain some of the things I had questions about, but Iām really struggling to make this part make sense in my head.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 159K