You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CHOOSE YOUR OWWN IV - Game Thread
Started by Animal Midwife
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This damn game is is d1 and broke 50 pages what’s wrong with you people
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Well you weren't in mine but I can change that if you'd likei actually don't know what to make of my scumreads adding me and each other in their own scumreads
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Excuse youThis damn game is is d1 and broke 50 pages what’s wrong with you people
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It's n1
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Imagine if we keep posting at this average rate of ~one page per hour for the rest of the game
Not to pile on but it's N1This damn game is is d1 and broke 50 pages what’s wrong with you people
No I’m genuinely curious plsThat depends, do you currently require wolfing advice?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nothing , 555 numbers are fake and 8675309 is from a songNo I’m genuinely curious pls
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
I'll make you yeet me i stgImagine if we keep posting at this average rate of ~one page per hour for the rest of the game
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
EIGHT SIX SEVEN FIVE THREE OHHHHHH NIIIIIEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNothing , 555 numbers are fake and 8675309 is from a song
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'd like to see you try!!I'll make you yeet me i stg
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Why is samac angry??
Yes I googled it and came to this conclusion lmaoNothing , 555 numbers are fake and 8675309 is from a song
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
😂Why is samad angry??
SemanticsWhy is samac angry??
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
No about this!Semantics
Imagine if we keep posting at this average rate of ~one page per hour for the rest of the game
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
SamadticsSemantics
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Semantics
SamacticsSamadtics
That's fair. I think I was dead then so I may not have been reading the thread that closely hahaI would encourage you to go back and take a look at SPN when Santy pushed me, on I think day 2.
That's interesting to me, and I can see in retrospect how you could feel that way. But no, that isn't why they're on my POE. I just think POE is built on very little right now, and it seems like other people picked up on different things than I did.Kitz and Zenges for one, felt like trying to keep the Poe open in a way that felt disingenuous.
Lol pretty bad.But anyway
How do you think the thread is moving? Flowing in a way you like? Dislike? Anything grating on your nerves. Talk to me child
I've said this in a few different ways, but it is grating on me that there seems to be an element of groupthink where people are gravitating to people with similar reads lists as them. Maybe that's something unique to a multiball setup where it's more important to build a core village blocc, or to the CYO setup where we all discarded cards and claimed affiliations with a bit of a meta on "would player X choose to be town"... but I don't remember other games having players get sussed this hard before we've even finished a night cycle and having actions to analyze.
After typing through that, I kind of feel the opposite of your point on my read of kitz and Zenge--there are a lot of players trying to prematurely hone in on a very tight POE, rather than keeping things open. I truly don't understand how people can feel as confident about their POE as they seem to be, especially when they are acknowledging that they have too many village leans.
Cause catching up on 9 pages was hard and I now know how others feel lolNo about this!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Well well well, look how the turns have tabledCause catching up on 9 pages was hard and I now know how others feel lol
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It is actually very very important in CYO to try to built a village blocc before all the scum factions kill it.That's interesting to me, and I can see in retrospect how you could feel that way. But no, that isn't why they're on my POE. I just think POE is built on very little right now, and it seems like other people picked up on different things than I did.
Lol pretty bad.
I've said this in a few different ways, but it is grating on me that there seems to be an element of groupthink where people are gravitating to people with similar reads lists as them. Maybe that's something unique to a multiball setup where it's more important to build a core village blocc, or to the CYO setup where we all discarded cards and claimed affiliations with a bit of a meta on "would player X choose to be town"... but I don't remember other games having players get sussed this hard before we've even finished a night cycle and having actions to analyze.
After typing through that, I kind of feel the opposite of your point on my read of kitz and Zenge--there are a lot of players trying to prematurely hone in on a very tight POE, rather than keeping things open. I truly don't understand how people can feel as confident about their POE as they seem to be, especially when they are acknowledging that they have too many village leans.
I also don't see a narrow POE as a reason to distrust my reads on the people within the POE, it's a reason to think I just need more people in it.
Which I'll think about more if Zenge doesn't kill me
I get that. I think there may be too much group think too and I worry I’m falling into that trap. But at the same time I’m personally unsure how to approach this game other than finding a village blocc and working with that because even if I get a scum it doesn’t rule out other people being scum and that’s normal way of working through thingsThat's interesting to me, and I can see in retrospect how you could feel that way. But no, that isn't why they're on my POE. I just think POE is built on very little right now, and it seems like other people picked up on different things than I did.
Lol pretty bad.
I've said this in a few different ways, but it is grating on me that there seems to be an element of groupthink where people are gravitating to people with similar reads lists as them. Maybe that's something unique to a multiball setup where it's more important to build a core village blocc, or to the CYO setup where we all discarded cards and claimed affiliations with a bit of a meta on "would player X choose to be town"... but I don't remember other games having players get sussed this hard before we've even finished a night cycle and having actions to analyze.
After typing through that, I kind of feel the opposite of your point on my read of kitz and Zenge--there are a lot of players trying to prematurely hone in on a very tight POE, rather than keeping things open. I truly don't understand how people can feel as confident about their POE as they seem to be, especially when they are acknowledging that they have too many village leans.
Remember that time you kept joking like this, and then scum killed you and used it as an excuse to misyeet me?Which I'll think about more if Zenge doesn't kill me
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I would argue that in a not-known-but-highly-likely multiball game, building a blocc is MORE important than it is in a normal binary game, but that may be partially swayed by my last CYO experience where nearly the entire blocc got wiped out N1.It is actually very very important in CYO to try to built a village blocc before all the scum factions kill it.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Uhhh no actually, when was this?Remember that time you kept joking like this, and then scum killed you and used it as an excuse to misyeet me?
A while ago. It most definitely happened.Uhhh no actually, when was this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I almost never die before you when we're both village so I'm gonna need to see those receipts!!
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
*immediately thinks of a time, but Zenge didn't get misyeeted in that game*I almost never die before you when we're both village so I'm gonna need to see those receipts!!
What time?*immediately thinks of a time, but Zenge didn't get misyeeted in that game*
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
That's why I said almost*immediately thinks of a time, but Zenge didn't get misyeeted in that game*
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
MountainsWhat time?
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I keep mentally circling back to having had a much more solid POE at this point in CYO III, but that's also a game where someone I have a godread on was on the roster and was scumming, and that gave me a significant leg up on building a POE compared to this game where I haven't played with a good chunk of the roster at all or very much.
idk, that just isn't how I've played this game. I've always approached it as during each vote, find the most suspicious player and vote for them, then on the next vote find the next most suspicious player and vote for them. I'm very worried about town-locking early and then having someone eat me from my blind spot.It is actually very very important in CYO to try to built a village blocc before all the scum factions kill it.
This is a fundamental difference in my playstyle that I've noticed from other more experienced players. Even in games where I am town (like this one), I probably don't put more than a couple of players truly in my town blocc, and even then usually only after a couple of days.
I get that. I think there may be too much group think too and I worry I’m falling into that trap. But at the same time I’m personally unsure how to approach this game other than finding a village blocc and working with that because even if I get a scum it doesn’t rule out other people being scum and that’s normal way of working through things
Fair enough. Maybe I'm going to learn this lesson in this game.Yeah, I would argue that in a not-known-but-highly-likely multiball game, building a blocc is MORE important than it is in a normal binary game, but that may be partially swayed by my last CYO experience where nearly the entire blocc got wiped out N1.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
That's why if you get to D4 or later, you start asking yourself why each person is alive. Including yourself.I'm very worried about town-locking early and then having someone eat me from my blind spot.
I've found it to be an exceptionally useful exercise for me.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Everyone remember that maj starts tomorrow.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm bad at wolfhunting and better at town...well I don't want to say hunting. But if I played that way I'd probably never vote for a wolf, just sketchy villagers all the way down.idk, that just isn't how I've played this game. I've always approached it as during each vote, find the most suspicious player and vote for them, then on the next vote find the next most suspicious player and vote for them. I'm very worried about town-locking early and then having someone eat me from my blind spot.
This is a fundamental difference in my playstyle that I've noticed from other more experienced players. Even in games where I am town (like this one), I probably don't put more than a couple of players truly in my town blocc, and even then usually only after a couple of days.
Fair enough. Maybe I'm going to learn this lesson in this game.
Does focusing on town building mean sometimes a wolf sneaks in and tricks me? Yes. But that can happen regardless. People can be kicked out of the blocc though, especially when it becomes clear the blocc is not solving the game. It's vulnerable to deep wolves for sure but so is your method.
Dunno I'm not saying you have to change how you play but you're playing with three loud people who tend to focus on building town cores so that's maybe why you're sensing that energy.
I agree, but if I town-lock the wrong people on day 1 and misyeet the first 3 days, doesn't that put me in a bad spot for D4+? Y'all have played this game much longer than I have, so I have no doubt that you're correct. I'm just struggling to see it.That's why if you get to D4 or later, you start asking yourself why each person is alive. Including yourself.
I've found it to be an exceptionally useful exercise for me.
Anyways. Good luck tonight everyone.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Not every long-time player likes playing that way either, some people really hate it
I did learn my lesson when you in the blocc and we were at end game and I realized we were screwed.I'm bad at wolfhunting and better at town...well I don't want to say hunting. But if I played that way I'd probably never vote for a wolf, just sketchy villagers all the way down.
Does focusing on town building mean sometimes a wolf sneaks in and tricks me? Yes. But that can happen regardless. People can be kicked out of the blocc though, especially when it becomes clear the blocc is not solving the game. It's vulnerable to deep wolves for sure but so is your method.
Dunno I'm not saying you have to change how you play but you're playing with three loud people who tend to focus on building town cores so that's maybe why you're sensing that energy.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
... the thread's not locked so can I answer this?I agree, but if I town-lock the wrong people on day 1 and misyeet the first 3 days, doesn't that put me in a bad spot for D4+? Y'all have played this game much longer than I have, so I have no doubt that you're correct. I'm just struggling to see it.
If I misyeet 2 days in a row, I'm already thinking about where my thought pattern is off. It's constant re-evaluation, but for me, it works better to world-build than to individually solve.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
If you're gonna get prickly at me for making obvious jokes I do actually want you to back this up with evidenceA while ago. It most definitely happened.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Everyone remember that maj starts tomorrow.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
And by then it was too late for youuuuuu mwahahahahahaI did learn my lesson when you in the blocc and we were at end game and I realized we were screwed.
To be fair I don’t know how to play this kind of game specifically. I’m not good at multiball.I agree, but if I town-lock the wrong people on day 1 and misyeet the first 3 days, doesn't that put me in a bad spot for D4+? Y'all have played this game much longer than I have, so I have no doubt that you're correct. I'm just struggling to see it.
Anyways. Good luck tonight everyone.
I would have been panicking in good place if I was village and realized 2 other factions were out there. I just had insider info
We were. I couldn’t even get them to vote SAR.And by then it was too late for youuuuuu mwahahahahaha
I gave up lol
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Have I ever even won a multiball game as village 
