Clue WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For what it is worth, that time corresponds to Night 5 (night after Minnerbelle was lynched, no one died that night). This also means that (coincidentally?) WTF and IPB investigated the same people on the same nights (except last night, we don't know about that yet).

Members don't see this ad.

unlynch WTF

I'm not convinced - I think an innocent WTF wouldn't risk isolating a villager for a vague possible payoff, especially when she could have just investigated the next night. But her excuse and timeline seems to add up, and as much as I'm dubious ... I hate the thought of losing a seer.

I don't know who to lynch, now.

Members don't see this ad :)
But her excuse and timeline seems to add up, and as much as I'm dubious ... I hate the thought of losing a seer.

That's the thought I'm having, hence the questions. But yes, the timeline seems to work and the whole thing seems awfully convoluted to be made up and kept straight.

The specific people investigated still seems suspicious to me, but it could've happened I guess.

Hey guys, I'm back at home. Took shelter with the hubby and puppies at a local church for a little while. Luckily no tornado touched down. We aren't completely out of the woods yet but got the "all clear" for now. I did have to run from the church to my car through pouring rain and flash flood conditions. The water was over my knees :eek: I got soaked from running 10 yards.

That's the thought I'm having, hence the questions. But yes, the timeline seems to work and the whole thing seems awfully convoluted to be made up and kept straight.

The specific people investigated still seems suspicious to me, but it could've happened I guess.

I think if WTF was a wolf, using the exact same names from the cleared list would've been pretty stupid since those in the kitchen could've easily cross-checked it and caused the suspicion that appears now.

Hey guys, I'm back at home. Took shelter with the hubby and puppies at a local church for a little while. Luckily no tornado touched down. We aren't completely out of the woods yet but got the "all clear" for now. I did have to run from the church to my car through pouring rain and flash flood conditions. The water was over my knees :eek: I got soaked from running 10 yards.

Sounds scary, but sitting here in dry as a bone Arizona also makes it sound fun to run through flood waters that high. I may be a tad bit jealous of the rain, not the threat of the tornado though. Glad you are safe!

I think if WTF was a wolf, using the exact same names from the cleared list would've been pretty stupid since those in the kitchen could've easily cross-checked it and caused the suspicion that appears now.

Unless, of course, WTF is a wolf and not an actual seer and only had those names/roles to support the seer claim.

Gah! I was in the mountains this weekend with no internet, so I had to catch up on the thread tonight. 12 Pages:eek:. Busy busy mansion guests.

...and cupcake woman! can I haz a red velvet cupcake that looks like a kitty cat? or is that too much to ask for?
Ecellent choice
Sugah-Shack-creation-cat-and-ball-of-yarn-red-velvet-birthday-cupcakes-in-box.jpg

Where are the werewolf cupcakes.
They were pretty enticing!
The best part about dying wolfish
Hehe definitly agree: Vet themed cupcakes!!!
clever-cupcakes-animal-biology-400x300.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and in all the WTF drama, I forgot to add this.

I used the knife on orca2011 last night. The description from the mod is that it just blocks nightly activity and that you can pick any room to attack them in. And I'm almost positive that someone got cut by the knife and moved in the same night. So my thoughts were that orca2011 wasn't doing any good in a room all by herself, as far as strategy talk and communication. I tried to attack her in the Conservatory, hoping to move her in there with me and Philliab. I also did this knowing that it wouldn't kill or silence her, only block night activities - since I knew that she wasn't seer (thought that was only IPB at the time - now, who knows?) or protector (that's Philliab), I honestly saw no harm. I was hoping to bring more of the villagers together. But the PM back said that it didn't have much affect on her, so nothing happened. I lost the knife at the end of the night cycle.

As for the current developments, I'll unlynch WTF for now, based on the information regarding nohika's role. I don't overly suspect anyone else, so I'm holding off on a replacement vote for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current Lynch Tally:

No Votes.

Lynch Deadline is 12PM PST.

***Please keep an updated tally on this thread. Someone PLEASE post a FINAL TALLY at 12PM so I can find it and give you all results. Otherwise, you will not get results until MUCH later.***

Also, Night Deadline is 7PM PST. So go ahead and send in night PMs once you feel ready.

I am going to go take a vicodin (since the Tylenol doesn't want to work) and go to bed.

Good Luck everyone!

Current Lynch Tally:

No Votes.

Lynch Deadline is 12PM PST.

***Please keep an updated tally on this thread. Someone PLEASE post a FINAL TALLY at 12PM so I can find it and give you all results. Otherwise, you will not get results until MUCH later.***

Also, Night Deadline is 7PM PST. So go ahead and send in night PMs once you feel ready.

I will be leaving for work in the next 10 minutes.

Good Luck everyone!! Happy Lynching!!

Hold on a sec....where was is confirmed that Philliab was a protector? Did I miss that buried in the thread somewhere? If so....then yeah, I have egg on my face. I made a mistake, and I'll own it.

Here's an idea to recitfy the situation:

1. Philliab, protect IPB. If she can't do it because she is isolated, tonight whoever has the rope, move Philliab to IPB's room to protect her.

2. Isn't there a protective item? If so, whoever has it, use it on me tonight

3. Then, IPB and I can investigate each other. We're both protected so the wolves can't knock either one of us off.

Thoughts?

WTF the only problem that I can see is that if that happens, it still comes down to your word against hers, and it's a high-stakes sort of gamble. Depending on how many wolves are left, they could very well think that getting rid of a seer is worth losing a wolf in the lynch the next day so they could certainly lie.

Where is IPB anyway? Has she checked in today?

Hold on a sec....where was is confirmed that Philliab was a protector? Did I miss that buried in the thread somewhere? If so....then yeah, I have egg on my face. I made a mistake, and I'll own it.

Here's an idea to recitfy the situation:

1. Philliab, protect IPB. If she can't do it because she is isolated, tonight whoever has the rope, move Philliab to IPB's room to protect her.

2. Isn't there a protective item? If so, whoever has it, use it on me tonight

3. Then, IPB and I can investigate each other. We're both protected so the wolves can't knock either one of us off.

Thoughts?

My problem is this. Let's say your motives are wolfy. By taking your suggestions, it might potentially leave both Philliab and IPB open to attack if you happen to know that the rope isn't available to villagers.

My suggestion would be that whoever has the lead pipe use it to protect IPB and philliab can protect you.

I'm not sure what you two investigating each other proves.

My problem is this. Let's say your motives are wolfy. By taking your suggestions, it might potentially leave both Philliab and IPB open to attack if you happen to know that the rope isn't available to villagers.

My suggestion would be that whoever has the lead pipe use it to protect IPB and philliab can protect you.

I should explain my thinking further. My basic issue is that WTF created this weird situation with what I perceive as a very odd move.

Hypothetically, if WTF is wolfy, letting her continue to dictate how we handle the situation is obviously a bad idea.

So I would rather the rest of us come up with a solution than WTF. Maybe it's overly cautious, but I think it just makes sense.

That would be fine by me also. I just didn't think Philliab would be in the mood to protect me considering what I did.

I suggested investigating each other because suspicions about IPB were raised, and people are already suspicious about me, because we have two seers. However, all I care about is being investigated to clear my name.

I should explain my thinking further. My basic issue is that WTF created this weird situation with what I perceive as a very odd move.

Hypothetically, if WTF is wolfy, letting her continue to dictate how we handle the situation is obviously a bad idea.

So I would rather the rest of us come up with a solution than WTF. Maybe it's overly cautious, but I think it just makes sense.

That's fine. All I care about is a) being investigated to clear me, and b) being protected because I am pretty darn sure the wolves are going to go after me (or IPB).

I suggested investigating each other because suspicions about IPB were raised, and people are already suspicious about me, because we have two seers. However, all I care about is being investigated to clear my name.

The basic problem, though, is that we don't know whether either of you can be trusted.

Really, have we gotten any info from any seer this game that's actually helped point us to a wolf? I can't recall any.

If you're a wolf and IPB was converted, then your suggestion works very well from your point of view. You'll both allegedly 'investigate' each other, confirm that each are villagers with seer abilities, and off we go.....

*That's* the situation I'd like to avoid.

I wish there was a better way to explain this, but I can't. I know the whole OMG I'm a seer! thing seems suspicious, but I can't help that it was handed to me.

And I'm sorry about the odd move. I must have completely and utterly missed that Philliab is a protector. I don't remember seeing it anywhere. But as you all have seen, I've been pretty busy this game. Like I said, it was a bad move based on a sort of flying-under-the-raqdar-gut-suspicion, and I must have missed this protection ability. Like I said, I own my mistake.

I'm not silenced or anything, I'm here! Real life took over and I came back to 5 pages to catch up on. We'll miss you, Katie8 :(

WTF, I find it strange that DVM would make you a seer in the middle of the game. I'm not accusing anything right now, just confused. :confused: I need a chance to catch up on what you've said already first.

In the meantime... we have a lynch to decide on.

lynch cuitl

I have no reason for this. Other than we have to pick someone. Someone please suggest a player who makes actual SENSE to lynch, rather than my bs vote here. Sorry, cuitl, I'm only picking you because of SOV's earlier interaction with you.

lynch cuitl

I have no reason for this. Other than we have to pick someone. Someone please suggest a player who makes actual SENSE to lynch, rather than my bs vote here. Sorry, cuitl, I'm only picking you because of SOV's earlier interaction with you.

Last comment, before I go back to listening in class.... I am willing to switch my vote to either IPB or WTF if people feel strongly about it. I'm mostly throwing my hands up at this situation.

Understandable.

If you want proof, I can investigate someone else and reveal them to prove I can indeed seer. If you think I'm a wolf seer, well, then, there's nothing I can do about that but wait until I find a wolf.

It's just that it seems a lot more likely that if there are two seers, one is a wolf.

I guess it all comes down to whether SOV was converted or is an original wolf, whether we can trust IPB or not. Since the information we have on her is straight from the mod after her death, by gut instinct I am personally more inclined to trust her, especially since I've gotten burned by you in the past WTF. ;) (canine good citizen indeed...argh to you and krist)

Of course, we can't rule out that SOV started as a wolf and brought back IPB as one too. But I haven't seen that happen in a WW game here yet. Doesn't mean that it can't happen of course, just that I kind of see it as less likely...

Or LIS is right and both of you are wolves and we are totally ****ed. :smuggrin:

lynch cuitl

I really don't think cuit is a wolf. She was cleared early in the game but her interaction with the kitchen hasn't been suspicious at all. IPB, are you ever going to respond to our PMs? I know multiple ones have been sent to you in regard to your investigation last night.

Oh, I'm about to start my trek home. I'll be back in about an hour.

I guess it all comes down to whether SOV was converted or is an original wolf, whether we can trust IPB or not. Since the information we have on her is straight from the mod after her death, by gut instinct I am personally more inclined to trust her, especially since I've gotten burned by you in the past WTF. ;) (canine good citizen indeed...argh to you and krist)

That's cool. I hope y'all believe that I can at least seer based on nohika (since evidently IPB and I thought along the same lines and did devyn and Lissa, even though I didn't know anything about who she seered and I don't think anyone else did(?)). And again, like I said, there really isn't anything I can do to convince you I'm not. I don't know why it happened mid game, but I assume something had to be added or someone had to give up a role - I dunno.

If you trust IPB and want her to seer me, absolutely go ahead. I'm already totally a wolf target, might as well be a seer target.

And no, we are not both wolves. Or at least, I know that I'm not. Admittedly, having both seers being wolves would be bad for the villagers. But seriously guys - do NOT kill off your lines of communication based on weird stuff unless you have hard evidence.

I think the seer showdown is really entertaining. I picture Miss Cleo going up against the crazy crossing over dude.

BTW, LIS, pretty sure I was helpful before I kicked the bucket:D

****lynch farm enterprise reports****** they SUCK.

I really don't think cuit is a wolf. She was cleared early in the game but her interaction with the kitchen hasn't been suspicious at all. IPB, are you ever going to respond to our PMs? I know multiple ones have been sent to you in regard to your investigation last night.

If IBP's role is similar to mine, we are silenced after finding a wolf. So we may not get anything until the next night.

It's just that it seems a lot more likely that if there are two seers, one is a wolf.

Of course, we can't rule out that SOV started as a wolf and brought back IPB as one too. But I haven't seen that happen in a WW game here yet. Doesn't mean that it can't happen of course, just that I kind of see it as less likely...

Or LIS is right and both of you are wolves and we are totally ****ed. :smuggrin:

To clarify: I don't think it's likely they are both wolves. I just think it's a possibility that we need to account for.

I think the scenario you laid out makes the most sense. (SOV converted, IPB trustworthy, WTF ... unknown).

Fair enough. Please suggest somebody else.

unlynch cuitl

To clarify: I don't think it's likely they are both wolves. I just think it's a possibility that we need to account for.

I think the scenario you laid out makes the most sense. (SOV converted, IPB trustworthy, WTF ... unknown).

Then why not protect both of us and investigate me? I'm sorry to harp on the issue, but I really want to clear my name. Whatever happened to "x person may be useful, let's investigate them first and not just kill them outright?" If you think IPB is trutworthy, you need to go with that and let her look at me. Getting too paranoid and suspecting both of us will do nothing but leave you with two dead seers.

Then why not protect both of us and investigate me? I'm sorry to harp on the issue, but I really want to clear my name.

Isn't that what I suggested? I just suggested doing it a bit differently than you did.

I'm not sure what your point is. Talking about being too paranoid? I already removed my lynch vote on you. I already said "yeah, let's protect you both."

What more do you want? Don't get on my case because of a screw-up that originated with you, that even you admit was a screw-up.

So, I have to leave to take my sister to a final. I don't know whether or not I'll be back before the lynch vote so if I don't vote, please realize that I'm not here. There's not enough evidence at this point to go either way. I'll be waiting on campus for her to finish since there's no point (to me) going home again.

So. If I'm not here, I'm driving/at my college campus.

Okay, I'm caught up. First, since this has been said on the thread but not all in one place, clarification: We're on Day 8 now, so there have been 7 nights. On n1, I cleared cuit; n2 I died; n3 I was resurrected; n4 was LIS; n5 was Lissa; n6 was devyn; n7 was Sheep. Up until Day 7 and the SOV lynch, my plan was to alternate clearing group members and non-group members; SOV felt pretty strongly about knowing the kitchen was clear so we could all trust each other. In hindsight I think he was sincere at first, but then he was converted, knew we were all clear, and just wanted me to waste nights that could have potentially found wolves.

Would it make sense to give the wolves a seer late in the game? Don't they usually have a way to investigate via an item at least? I feel like the candlestick is almost useless, esp for finding roles/etc. Maybe DVMDream realized there was no way for the wolves to investigate and appointed a seer.

And WTF - you said the reason that you moved Philliab was because you thought wolves could only kill in their own rooms and that moving her would show her as a wolf. I've brought this point up several times but no one has said anything, curious what people think. There were never any villager kills in the Conservatory, so that theory would make Philliab least suspicious. It just doesn't add up to me.

I don't know, I'm pretty confused about the entire thing. I do think that SOV was converted, and I think that it's likely that it was after IPB was resurrected. Right now I'm leaning toward lynching WTF - it seems weird that the mod would appoint a second seer to the villagers. But I am more than open to other options if anyone has any.

Again, if I was a wolf and moved Philliab because of that (in reality it was because I thought the above theory was interesting and had obviously not gotten the note that she was a protector), why in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster would I publicly ADMIT to it and start this hullabaloo? Do you (the generic "you") think I'm that poor of a wolf in order to throw myself into the limelight like that?

That's cool. I hope y'all believe that I can at least seer based on nohika (since evidently IPB and I thought along the same lines and did devyn and Lissa, even though I didn't know anything about who she seered and I don't think anyone else did(?)). And again, like I said, there really isn't anything I can do to convince you I'm not. I don't know why it happened mid game, but I assume something had to be added or someone had to give up a role - I dunno.

If you trust IPB and want her to seer me, absolutely go ahead. I'm already totally a wolf target, might as well be a seer target.

And no, we are not both wolves. Or at least, I know that I'm not. Admittedly, having both seers being wolves would be bad for the villagers. But seriously guys - do NOT kill off your lines of communication based on weird stuff unless you have hard evidence.
I don't trust IPB. I trust you more than her at the moment.

Second, there have been some points brought up against WTF that I'm still confused about.
The only modly thing we've heard about this has been:
There was a mod error behind the scenes. That is all, back to your regularly scheduled murder mystery game.
WTF and nohika are the ones who have been explaining that it was due to DVMDream sending WTF the wrong villager name for nohika. But nohika's explanation:
No, I didn't. Even when WTF said I was the wrong person, I didn't say anything at first. The Mod error was that DVMDream, when WTF investigated me, gave the wrong villager name. That's why I suspected WTF in the first place. It was later revealed that WTF's info was right, but she just had the wrong name (when I mentioned it was the wrong name in a PM detailing why I suspected her). I can confirm what WTF is saying.
only would seem to confirm that WTF is a seer of some sort, not that she is good. I find it hard to understand why there would be two villager seers in one game although I can't rule it out. I know that there are suspicions about me, since SOV is the one who brought me back and he ended up being a wolf. Some people have suggested that I was converted and DVMDream felt sorry that the villagers didn't have a seer any more. However, I died on n2 and was resurrected on n3. If that theory is true, then why would she wait until n5 to change WTF's role, as WTF has claimed?

I also don't understand why WTF would move and silence Philliab. We now have 3 rooms with only 1 person in them. As others have brought up, that's a huge barrier to communication and makes Philliab choose between protecting herself and protecting others. That's assuming that she can even protect tonight at all--I know that if I'm silenced, I am unable to use my power that night. WTF, you've said that you missed on the thread that Philliab was a protector and:
I had some suspicions, and was curious to see if moving her to a room by herself would hinder wolf attacks.
But that isn't likely to give us any more information. The Conservatory hasn't had any villagers killed and in fact had 2 wolves lynched; I would have to say it's the least suspicious room out of all of them! So if you really thought isolating someone would hinder wolf attacks, why would you pick that room and Philliab?