-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
endodontic residency 2021 application
Started by endoapplicant1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
endohopeful28
Full Member
about $75,000 first year and $45,000 second year (both including fees). tuition alone is $40,000.Does anybody know how tuition cost for Nova's program?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D4dental94
New Member
Congrats! When did you send in your app if you don’t mind me asking?Nova interview for June 30th via zoom
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
congratulations. do you mind sharing your stats? did you have any experience after dental school?Nova interview for June 30th via zoom
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They didn't mention, the gave me the opportunity to choose the time I want from 06/30 date- 16 spots to choose from, could be 16 invites.Does anyone know if Nova just sends out one round of interviews?
SharpTeeth
Full Member
i applied to A&M but haven't heard anything. not even an email saying application was received.Anything from A&M, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, UCLA if the application is complete?
This is disheartening. I had visited Einstein and was hoping to get an interview. Im sure they won't send anymore given the 2 spots.A friend got an interview invite from Einstein last week. I randomly got an "application complete" email from OHSU, but I completed my application weeks ago, and I assumed that mine was already reviewed and declined since interviews were sent out.![]()
Depending on when the interview is, they might. People will start getting into programs and opting out of interviews. I cancelled my interview at Einstein when I applied. Wouldn't have been surprised if they added someone. And on a different note, I know someone mentioned this earlier, but I am also getting word that there are more applicants than usual. 25-30% increase.This is disheartening. I had visited Einstein and was hoping to get an interview. Im sure they won't send anymore given the 2 spots.
endohopeful28
Full Member
COVID related increase or just the state of profession at the moment do you think?Depending on when the interview is, they might. People will start getting into programs and opting out of interviews. I cancelled my interview at Einstein when I applied. Wouldn't have been surprised if they added someone. And on a different note, I know someone mentioned this earlier, but I am also getting word that there are more applicants than usual. 25-30% increase.
That's a crazy high increase! I might have decided on specializing in endo a couple of years too late hahaDepending on when the interview is, they might. People will start getting into programs and opting out of interviews. I cancelled my interview at Einstein when I applied. Wouldn't have been surprised if they added someone. And on a different note, I know someone mentioned this earlier, but I am also getting word that there are more applicants than usual. 25-30% increase.
COVID related increase or just the state of profession at the moment do you think?
I'm sure COVID has something to do with it. Harder for new grads to find employment.
I can confirm that at one program they observed a sharp increase of #'s of applicants for this cycle.
They have 2 spots and one of the few programs that pays, Im gonna try not to hope against hope. But thanks for trying to lift my spirits 🙂Depending on when the interview is, they might. People will start getting into programs and opting out of interviews. I cancelled my interview at Einstein when I applied. Wouldn't have been surprised if they added someone. And on a different note, I know someone mentioned this earlier, but I am also getting word that there are more applicants than usual. 25-30% increase.
I thought that was true about the previous cycle but compared to that we have another 25-30% increase??? 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably both. Sounded like the biggest influx of applicants were younger dentists that had only been out a year or 2. Could be students who are feeling like their clinical experience is being cut short and they want to go ahead focus their skills knowledge on one thing. Like Gentlerwave said, could be people worried about finding work and a good salary. Could be associates who lost full time jobs. Also, endo has become a lot more exciting with the new tech and instruments. And while it can be challenging, these innovations are making it slightly easier and more predictable. I think GP's are noticing this and also noticing the $$ it can bring in.COVID related increase or just the state of profession at the moment do you think?
Yea, it will make things a little more competitive, but regardless of the number of applicants, good applicants will still stand out and get interviews.That's a crazy high increase! I might have decided on specializing in endo a couple of years too late haha
Yeah that's very true. Just hoping my application is considered competitive. Either way, I'll be applying every year until I get in. I'm just happy I have a good gig as a GP until that happens.Yea, it will make things a little more competitive, but regardless of the number of applicants, good applicants will still stand out and get interviews.
Copied from last year, figured I'd make one at least for invites.
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University-Invites Sent
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Invites Sent
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University-Invites Sent
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Invites Sent
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York
Copied from last year, figured I'd make one at least for invites.
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University-Invites Sent
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Invites Sent
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York
Forgot about Tufts it looks like.
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University-Invites Sent
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Invites Sent
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University-Invites Sent
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Invites Sent
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University-Invites Sent
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Invites Sent
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York
Now this thread is really official. Lol
SharpTeeth
Full Member
Do you know how many slots for interviews are offered?Manhattan VA also sent out invite for in person interviews on July 10 today
Wow congrats you’re killing it!! Do you mind sharing stats/experience?Manhattan VA also sent out invite for in person interviews on July 10 today
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University-Invites Sent
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Invites Sent
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York-Invites Sent
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University-Invites Sent
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Invites Sent
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York-Invites Sent
Do you know how many slots for interviews are offered?
I’m not sure how many interviews are sent out. The PASS site says they get about 40 applications.
Wow congrats you’re killing it!! Do you mind sharing stats/experience?
Thank you. I graduated in 2018 and did a GPR at Tufts (hence the interview). Now in private practice for a year. I did a good amount of endo in school and GPR. No research experience though. My school didn’t do class rank and I haven’t taken the ADAT yet.
Sounds like you're in the same boat as me as far as no research, class rank, or ADAT goes. Congrats on the invites! Good luck on the interviews!I’m not sure how many interviews are sent out. The PASS site says they get about 40 applications.
Thank you. I graduated in 2018 and did a GPR at Tufts (hence the interview). Now in private practice for a year. I did a good amount of endo in school and GPR. No research experience though. My school didn’t do class rank and I haven’t taken the ADAT yet.
Congratulations. Do you know if they usually send all the invites same time?Got email invite from Tufts. Virtual interviews being held July 27-30
melissa1alva
Full Member
Anyone here apply to UT Houston? I sent the application fee a month ago and it hasn't gone through my account as of yet. Does it typically take this long? I called and left a message and emailed them and no response yet.
Anyone here apply to UT Houston? I sent the application fee a month ago and it hasn't gone through my account as of yet. Does it typically take this long? I called and left a message and emailed them and no response yet.
Yes-I applied and sent my check around then (last week of May I think). They cashed it right away.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Contact Mamie if you didn't yet ( [email protected] )Anyone here applies to UT Houston? I sent the application fee a month ago and it hasn't gone through my account as of yet. Does it typically take this long? I called and left a message and emailed them and no response yet.
melissa1alva
Full Member
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University-Invites Sent
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Invites Sent
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York-Invites Sent
wow thanks for doing this!
Anyone here apply to UT Houston? I sent the application fee a month ago and it hasn't gone through my account as of yet. Does it typically take this long? I called and left a message and emailed them and no response yet.
Same here. I applied to both UT Houston and A&M. Sent both checks a month ago and they still haven't cashed it. I am not sure why.
Any invites today?
Same here. I applied to both UT Houston and A&M. Sent both checks a month ago and they still haven't cashed it. I am not sure why.
A check for A&M? I didn’t see anything about a check being needed for them on their site or the PASS search engine. Did I miss something ?!
A check for A&M? I didn’t see anything about a check being needed for them on their site or the PASS search engine. Did I miss something ?!
Maybe he meant San Antonio
A check for A&M? I didn’t see anything about a check being needed for them on their site or the PASS search engine. Did I miss something ?!
I'm sorry yes. I meant San Antonio. Long day. I sent an email to UT Houston and they said they received my check.
I did bother most programs after 1-2 weeks of mailing the checks taking into account slow processing due to COVID. Most were nice and confirmed the receipt of checks or said they will confirm.How worried should I be, or how much should I be bugging programs that haven't cashed my checks yet? I sent like 9 or 10 checks out for application fees about 3 weeks ago and only 2 have been cashed.
melissa1alva
Full Member
Thank you she emailed me back and they did receive it they just haven't cashed it yet.Contact Mamie if you didn't yet ( [email protected] )
melissa1alva
Full Member
They did receive mine they just haven't cashed it yet.Same here. I applied to both UT Houston and A&M. Sent both checks a month ago and they still haven't cashed it. I am not sure why.
UT Houston interview 7/20 in person or 7/21 for virtual
curiousdental23
New Member
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University-Invites Sent
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Invites Sent
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston-Invites Sent
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York-Invites Sent
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University-Invites Sent
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)-Invites Sent
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University-Invites Sent
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University-Invites Sent
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University-Invites Sent
Albert Einstein Medical Center-Invites Sent
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston-Invites Sent
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York-Invites Sent
A friend of mine just heard of someone getting an email today for Albert Einstein interview - so I guess it's still rolling.
For the people who got interviews to Albert Einstein, did they send you an application is complete email before? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email from Einstein today saying that they're reviewing applications. Is it confirmed that people had received interview invitations from them already?A friend of mine just heard of someone getting an email today for Albert Einstein interview - so I guess it's still rolling.
Haha yeah, woke up to that email this morning.Did anyone else get an "your application is being reviewed" from Einstein email. It just felt kinda weird. I thought they already sent out interviews lol
I got the same email. It might be because people are emailing to ask them If they are done sending invites or may as well have been a gentle rejection.A friend of mine just heard of someone getting an email today for Albert Einstein interview - so I guess it's still rolling.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 847
- Views
- 267K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 220
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 399K
