Feinberg Alternate List 2012!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Feinberg, anyone?

• Accepted, will be attending.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Accepted, unsure.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Accepted, withdrew.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Alternate List, will attend if accepted.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Alternate List, withdrew.

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

feinbergfan2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

Anyone else on here hoping to get into Feinberg at some point this summer? I haven't been accepted anywhere and really need Northwestern to pull through for me. I am also not on any other waitlists, so this is my only hope. I have sent multiple updates, and keep getting the same generic response, so I don't know how effective they are. Anyways, who else is suffering on this waitlist, and has anyone withdrawn their acceptance yet? Thanks for the support!

-FF2012

Members don't see this ad.

Best of luck guys, hope to see you there this fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping as well.

Hopefully some movement will start soon - people are withdrawing. Since May 15th has come and gone without notice, I suppose they haven't over-enrolled then?
Otherwise, it's a simple email out to all the alternates saying we've got too many and then they could focus on offering people deferrals, etc. Their unranked waitlist is more consistent with the silence thus far - they have to assess the demographics of the matriculated class thus far.

Or I could be completely wrong and we will all get an over-enrollment email this afternoon.

I'm hoping as well.

Hopefully some movement will start soon - people are withdrawing. Since May 15th has come and gone without notice, I suppose they haven't over-enrolled then?
Otherwise, it's a simple email out to all the alternates saying we've got too many and then they could focus on offering people deferrals, etc. Their unranked waitlist is more consistent with the silence thus far - they have to assess the demographics of the matriculated class thus far.

Or I could be completely wrong and we will all get an over-enrollment email this afternoon.

No need to over analyze. Most schools take up to a week after May 15th to evaluate their waitlist, see how many spots are open, and to decide who to offer acceptances to. It doesn't happen instantaneously. They have lives too.

While I understand that I do overanalyze on a regular basis, to my defense, other schools have already started offering acceptances from their waitlists and it is in a school's best interest to nail down a full class quickly. Though, I suppose nothing is certain until the first day of orientation.

So I went through last years thread and the only person on that thread accepted off the Waitlist got a call on may 25.

While I understand that I do overanalyze on a regular basis, to my defense, other schools have already started offering acceptances from their waitlists and it is in a school's best interest to nail down a full class quickly. Though, I suppose nothing is certain until the first day of orientation.

Regardless, schools don't have the same policies. Anyway, that is true. Nothing is certain until orientation starts. Best of luck to you all!

Really hoping we hear some good news soon! Even if their class is full, it's still possible that spots could open up as students get taken from other wait lists, so I highly doubt they would send us an email saying they won't be taking anyone. I called a few days ago and they said they weren't sure when they would start accepting people, but the word "when" keeps running through my head. She would have said "if" if they weren't going to accept anyone.

I just got an email from Dr Wallace asking if I was still interested....what does that mean!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.