2020-2021 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is anyone else not able to submit the waitlist confirmation?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm getting an error while accepting the waitilist

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know what historical waitlist movement looks like for Feinberg? Or how many they put on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
I have 1 A and then a WL here - I have to accept the other offer by April 30th, am I still allowed to stay on northwestern's waitlist after that? does anyone know how that works?

hmmm interviewed in Jan and nothing, portal says decision pending... anyone else?

Any people that were deferred in oct/jan receive an acceptance?

A!!! Interviewed in Feb so totally wasn’t expecting this!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What if we haven’t heard anything ?
on to next Friday! Dr. Kundu said that today would be the earliest anyone would hear anything, and they’ll continue sending decisions through March.

Are we more likely to get a WL or R if we didnt hear back today?

WL today as well as one from Pritzker..feeling absolutely crushed. anyone know what WL movement is like here?

I have 1 A and then a WL here - I have to accept the other offer by April 30th, am I still allowed to stay on northwestern's waitlist after that? does anyone know how that works?
You can stay on all WLs, everywhere, until the CTE deadline at the school where you hold the A. This date varies at each school. Make sure you know what it is, since blowing it could leave you with no As. Accepting an offer by 4/30 will not usually involve selecting CTE, but it could, again, depending on the school.

just got an email response from admin saying that the waitlist confirmation error on the portal should be fixed early next week

is deferred different from being waitlisted?
Yes deferral at this point means you will be decided upon at the final decision date (likely next week or the next 2 weeks).

On that note: YEASSSSSSSS I GOT THE A!!!!!!

I was worried my interviews would end up as WLs after getting waitlisted by Pritzker this morning! BEYOND RELIEVED

Best of luck to all who are still waiting!!!!! Having been in shambles before today, I am hoping so hard for all of you, and I truly believe that if you got an interview at this school you deserve/hopefully will get an A this cycle!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
A!! mid November interview! The portal problems from earlier were not a bad sign after all :) Also it was in my spam lol

• Love
Is it possible to get merit scholarships if you are accepted of the waitlist?

A!!! Mid jan interview!!

edit- i did not have the portal error

• Love
WL! Interviewed on first day, didn't send any updates after deferral. Will withdraw.

Last edited:
Yes...I believe you can stay on waitlists even after "commit to enroll" date, but you have to decline other acceptances.

A! :) interviewed mid-October, and then deferred. Does anyone know if the "accepting" the offer on the portal is binding? Or is it more like an acknowledgement?

Congrats to all! Does anyone know anything about waitlist movement? My MSAR expired so if it says anything on there about it as well, please DM me or post here. Thanks!

why do they hold off on some decisions?
Yeah, trying to figure this out as well. I feel like there is an underlying reason. Perhaps we are all borderline and they want to use the next couple weeks to make sure they don't over accept?

I had a mid author pub accepted and won a big school award, is an update worth it at this point? I’ve sent an LOI already and am just waiting on a decision at this point.

A! :) interviewed mid-October, and then deferred. Does anyone know if the "accepting" the offer on the portal is binding? Or is it more like an acknowledgement?
It’s an acknowledgment

Does anyone know how deferral works at this point? I’m feeling like I’m basically waiting for a WL or R if I got deferred this late 😕
Same thing happened last year. It looks like a few got A's but most got WL.