You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Northwestern (Feinberg)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
gogogogogogogogo
Full Member
Anybody know what historical waitlist movement looks like for Feinberg? Or how many they put on the waitlist?
congratulations!! Would you mind sharing when you interviewed?A just now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have 1 A and then a WL here - I have to accept the other offer by April 30th, am I still allowed to stay on northwestern's waitlist after that? does anyone know how that works?
yeah interviewed in october and still nothinghmmm interviewed in Jan and nothing, portal says decision pending... anyone else?
congrats!!!! would you mind sharing when you interviewed?A!!!!! Check ya emails good luck everyone
Any people that were deferred in oct/jan receive an acceptance?
Thank you! Interviewed late Octobercongratulations!! Would you mind sharing when you interviewed?
What if we haven’t heard anything ?
depaysement
Full Member
A!!! Interviewed in Feb so totally wasn’t expecting this!
on to next Friday! Dr. Kundu said that today would be the earliest anyone would hear anything, and they’ll continue sending decisions through March.What if we haven’t heard anything ?
Yes I interviewed 10/23, was deferred, and was accepted todayAny people that were deferred in oct/jan receive an acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can stay on all WLs, everywhere, until the CTE deadline at the school where you hold the A. This date varies at each school. Make sure you know what it is, since blowing it could leave you with no As. Accepting an offer by 4/30 will not usually involve selecting CTE, but it could, again, depending on the school.I have 1 A and then a WL here - I have to accept the other offer by April 30th, am I still allowed to stay on northwestern's waitlist after that? does anyone know how that works?
Accepted! Interviewed late January. Good luck to everyone else.
Deferred until March, interviewed near the end of Jan.
treesarefrends
Full Member
A, interviewed early Jan! Hoping you all hear good news soon!!
A, interviewed early Jan! Hoping you all hear good news soon!!
Did you get your email right at 7?
treesarefrends
Full Member
YesDid you get your email right at 7?
is deferred different from being waitlisted?Deferred until March, interviewed near the end of Jan.
I don’t know what WL email looks like but mine says “the committee will make a final decision on your application at the end of application season in March”is deferred different from being waitlisted?
Yes deferral at this point means you will be decided upon at the final decision date (likely next week or the next 2 weeks).is deferred different from being waitlisted?
On that note: YEASSSSSSSS I GOT THE A!!!!!!
I was worried my interviews would end up as WLs after getting waitlisted by Pritzker this morning! BEYOND RELIEVED
Best of luck to all who are still waiting!!!!! Having been in shambles before today, I am hoping so hard for all of you, and I truly believe that if you got an interview at this school you deserve/hopefully will get an A this cycle!
lolanallie123
Full Member
A!! mid November interview! The portal problems from earlier were not a bad sign after all 🙂 Also it was in my spam lol
No email for me
literally twins??A!! mid November interview! The portal problems from earlier were not a bad sign after all 🙂 Also it was in my spam lol
we both interviewed on the same day
got the same portal error
got the a XD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rip I got hit with the WL 🙁
lolanallie123
Full Member
I love this for usliterally twins??
we both interviewed on the same day
got the same portal error
got the a XD
A!!! Mid jan interview!!
edit- i did not have the portal error
edit- i did not have the portal error
WL! Interviewed on first day, didn't send any updates after deferral. Will withdraw.
Last edited:
Yes...I believe you can stay on waitlists even after "commit to enroll" date, but you have to decline other acceptances.I have 1 A and then a WL here - I have to accept the other offer by April 30th, am I still allowed to stay on northwestern's waitlist after that? does anyone know how that works?
PoopyScoopy
New Member
why do they hold off on some decisions?
WL, interviewed in nov, really upset 🙁
right there with u friendWL, interviewed in nov, really upset 🙁
Yeah, trying to figure this out as well. I feel like there is an underlying reason. Perhaps we are all borderline and they want to use the next couple weeks to make sure they don't over accept?why do they hold off on some decisions?
I had a mid author pub accepted and won a big school award, is an update worth it at this point? I’ve sent an LOI already and am just waiting on a decision at this point.
Yes!!! Do it ASAP! Like this weekend!I had a mid author pub accepted and won a big school award, is an update worth it at this point? I’ve sent an LOI already and am just waiting on a decision at this point.
It’s an acknowledgmentA! 🙂 interviewed mid-October, and then deferred. Does anyone know if the "accepting" the offer on the portal is binding? Or is it more like an acknowledgement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1062149
WL 🙁 was a depressing drive home
Does anyone know how deferral works at this point? I’m feeling like I’m basically waiting for a WL or R if I got deferred this late 😕
Same thing happened last year. It looks like a few got A's but most got WL.Does anyone know how deferral works at this point? I’m feeling like I’m basically waiting for a WL or R if I got deferred this late 😕
FSM seems keen to see these so I certainly would, FWIWAnyone have any idea what it means if you havent heard back yet? Worth sending a LOI?