2021-2022 Northwestern (Feinberg)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
received merit scholarship today around 5pm ET. No need based financial aid yet though. Hope that can be helpful!
 
received merit scholarship today around 5pm ET. No need based financial aid yet though. Hope that can be helpful!
How did you know it was only merit scholarship? Mine included a letter highlighting a grant "determined by a need analysis based on the financial aid application information". I wonder if this means I only received need-based or if they combined both in the same letter...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did you know it was only merit scholarship? Mine included a letter highlighting a grant "determined by a need analysis based on the financial aid application information". I wonder if this means I only received need-based or if they combined both in the same letter...
I am wondering the same thing because all mine says is "Medical School Grant" I am not sure if that is need-based or merit-based though?
 
How did you know it was only merit scholarship? Mine included a letter highlighting a grant "determined by a need analysis based on the financial aid application information". I wonder if this means I only received need-based or if they combined both in the same letter...
I am wondering the same thing because all mine says is "Medical School Grant" I am not sure if that is need-based or merit-based though?
I got both merit and grant last week. they were outlined separately in the letter and in the portal.
 
How did you know it was only merit scholarship? Mine included a letter highlighting a grant "determined by a need analysis based on the financial aid application information". I wonder if this means I only received need-based or if they combined both in the same letter...
My notification was via email and said “merit scholarship in the amount of x” explicitly. At the end of the email it said I may be eligible for additional need based grants and loans based on an analysis of FAFSA etc.
 
Hello! I just got a financial aid offer today. There is a part that reads:

"Please complete the Scholarship Offer Response Form via the FSM Applicant Portal notifying us of your acceptance of this merit scholarship prior to the uniform acceptance date of May 2nd or no later than 5 business days after receipt."

For those who may have gotten a similar letter, does this mean we have to accept/reject the offer within 5 days or can we wait until May 2nd? Thanks in advance!
Also wondering about this
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s been awful quite. Anyone heard anything about WL movement?
I haven't heard anything. Maybe someone could call and see if anyone in admissions has any insight. I know on the Case Western forum it was mentioned that some applicants are not following traffic protocol, which is delaying their waitlist movement.
 
not sure if that means anything^, but just wanted to share. Also I’ve withdrawn my A, wish you all amazing waitlist movement
 
Have any other accepted students heard similar to med2b3? What are the Facebook group and accepted GroupMe numbers like? Does it seem like it is overfilled?
 
Have any other accepted students heard similar to med2b3? What are the Facebook group and accepted GroupMe numbers like? Does it seem like it is overfilled?
Yup, I'm also an accepted student and heard the same thing from the dean that the class is overfilled rn. I personally don't think WL movement will happen this week just based on that alone, but I may be wrong!
 
Yup, I'm also an accepted student and heard the same thing from the dean that the class is overfilled rn. I personally don't think WL movement will happen this week just based on that alone, but I may be wrong!
Also an accepted student here, just curious if you heard this from Dean Kundu in a one-on-one conversation or if I missed some critical email? Thanks 🙂
 
1651703757294.jpeg
 
Also an accepted student here, just curious if you heard this from Dean Kundu in a one-on-one conversation or if I missed some critical email? Thanks 🙂
She told me in a follow up email when I was trying to match scholarships this past weekend!
 
Discussed additional financial aid w Dr. Kundu Friday as well and she indeed said the class is overfilled. They will not be looking at the WL likely for weeks if at all - just a heads up.