2020-2021 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's our guess, people? When will people on the WL start hearing back (or maybe they have?)
Not sure, none of my WLs have had movement yet. I’m worried fewer people got multiple As so adcoms get to be choosy with who gets off the WL. Still, I’d be surprised if they let Wednesday go by without any movement! My other thought is that they are waiting until end of the day today to catch people when they’re not at work.
 
Nobody even reported getting off the WL last year on SDN, though emails with the school implied that WL movement did in fact happen. Do we have any sense for how many people might be pulled off the WL? I guess it could be a lot different this year with COVID
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Feeling incredibly blessed to report that I was accepted off the waitlist today (got a call around 1:45 PST)! Just wanted to report this with the intention of reassuring people that waitlist movement IS happening. I know this type of post might be stressful to those who are still waiting, but I genuinely wish the best of luck to everyone and I hope this post doesn't come across as humble-bragging. Feel free to send a message to me if you have any questions, I'll try to respond in a timely manner.

General notes for those who might be curious: interviewed in late Nov and was in decently regular contact via email letters (including a LOI).
 
Feeling incredibly blessed to report that I was accepted off the waitlist today (got a call around 1:45 PST)! Just wanted to report this with the intention of reassuring people that waitlist movement IS happening. I know this type of post might be stressful to those who are still waiting, but I genuinely wish the best of luck to everyone and I hope this post doesn't come across as humble-bragging. Feel free to send a message to me if you have any questions, I'll try to respond in a timely manner.

General notes for those who might be curious: interviewed in late Nov and was in decently regular contact via email letters (including a LOI).
Congrats!! Definitely not stressful to hear, I’m glad movement is happening! Thanks for posting!
 
.
Feeling incredibly blessed to report that I was accepted off the waitlist today (got a call around 1:45 PST)! Just wanted to report this with the intention of reassuring people that waitlist movement IS happening. I know this type of post might be stressful to those who are still waiting, but I genuinely wish the best of luck to everyone and I hope this post doesn't come across as humble-bragging. Feel free to send a message to me if you have any questions, I'll try to respond in a timely manner.

General notes for those who might be curious: interviewed in late Nov and was in decently regular contact via email letters (including a LOI).
Ty so much! Did your portal update yet?
 
I bet that's all the WL movement we'll see from the initial P/CTE crowd... sad 🙁 but congrats guys.
 
Congrats everyone, I was wondering how long do you have to accept the acceptance, and did they come with financial aid information?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone, I was wondering how long do you have to accept the acceptance, and did they come with financial aid information?
I was told 5 business days and they sent an email with information on how to apply for financial aid asap!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
idk when to stop hoping for waitlist movement.. is it over? until July or something?
The first big wave has happened, but that doesn’t mean it’s over. People with acceptances may have received acceptances to other schools and may drop off, leaving spots for WL movement. Also, people who were given As this past week may decline. There will probably be 1 or 2 mini waves in may and a bit of movement through June, though if nothing has happened for you by the end of may I’d assume your chances are low.
 
Their class size is usually ~160. Not sure how much of FB are current students, but there are 5 admins so at least 5-10?
 
When is NW's CTE date? Wonder if there will be more WL spots open then. I really want to get into this school lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad