2020-2021 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would take that with a grain of salt, some people may just have not accepted the invite to the group me until they were comitted

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
What's our guess, people? When will people on the WL start hearing back (or maybe they have?)

What's our guess, people? When will people on the WL start hearing back (or maybe they have?)
Not sure, none of my WLs have had movement yet. I’m worried fewer people got multiple As so adcoms get to be choosy with who gets off the WL. Still, I’d be surprised if they let Wednesday go by without any movement! My other thought is that they are waiting until end of the day today to catch people when they’re not at work.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody even reported getting off the WL last year on SDN, though emails with the school implied that WL movement did in fact happen. Do we have any sense for how many people might be pulled off the WL? I guess it could be a lot different this year with COVID

Feeling incredibly blessed to report that I was accepted off the waitlist today (got a call around 1:45 PST)! Just wanted to report this with the intention of reassuring people that waitlist movement IS happening. I know this type of post might be stressful to those who are still waiting, but I genuinely wish the best of luck to everyone and I hope this post doesn't come across as humble-bragging. Feel free to send a message to me if you have any questions, I'll try to respond in a timely manner.

General notes for those who might be curious: interviewed in late Nov and was in decently regular contact via email letters (including a LOI).

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Feeling incredibly blessed to report that I was accepted off the waitlist today (got a call around 1:45 PST)! Just wanted to report this with the intention of reassuring people that waitlist movement IS happening. I know this type of post might be stressful to those who are still waiting, but I genuinely wish the best of luck to everyone and I hope this post doesn't come across as humble-bragging. Feel free to send a message to me if you have any questions, I'll try to respond in a timely manner.

General notes for those who might be curious: interviewed in late Nov and was in decently regular contact via email letters (including a LOI).
Congrats!! Definitely not stressful to hear, I’m glad movement is happening! Thanks for posting!

• Love

Ty so much! Did your portal update yet?

Just got an acceptance call a few hours ago from Dean Kundu! So pumped! This was my first acceptance so keep faith everyone....crazy things can happen!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got off the waitlist this afternoon! In the phone call, Dr. Kundu told me that my letter of intent made an impact, so I guess those actually do mean something (N=1)! Super excited to hit up Lou Malnati's and Second City next year :lol:

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I got my acceptance call from Dr Kundu this morning (5/5 around 8AM PST)! Similar to earlier posts, Dr Kundu told me that my LOI was very impactful. I had also kept in communication with current students to understand the school vibe!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I bet that's all the WL movement we'll see from the initial P/CTE crowd... sad :( but congrats guys.

• Care
Rereading my LOI unsure if it wasn't heartfelt enough rip haha

Congrats everyone, I was wondering how long do you have to accept the acceptance, and did they come with financial aid information?

Congrats everyone, I was wondering how long do you have to accept the acceptance, and did they come with financial aid information?
I was told 5 business days and they sent an email with information on how to apply for financial aid asap!

Got off the waitlist this afternoon! In the phone call, Dr. Kundu told me that my letter of intent made an impact, so I guess those actually do mean something (N=1)! Super excited to hit up Lou Malnati's and Second City next year :lol:
Do we think there's *any* chance she's calling in alphabetical order? Would you mind sharing your initials?

Anybody have any experience with requesting for a 1 year matriculation deferral here?

Y'all I got my second covid vaccine and my first acceptance all in the same day!! Feeling all types of way right now

Reactions: 3 users
idk when to stop hoping for waitlist movement.. is it over? until July or something?
The first big wave has happened, but that doesn’t mean it’s over. People with acceptances may have received acceptances to other schools and may drop off, leaving spots for WL movement. Also, people who were given As this past week may decline. There will probably be 1 or 2 mini waves in may and a bit of movement through June, though if nothing has happened for you by the end of may I’d assume your chances are low.

Reactions: 1 users
still anxious about the WL, can anyone give insight from the facebook group or the groupme about potential spots still available?

FWIW FB group is 181 members. Had an influx of ~25 people over the past week. I noticed them remove people who withdrew on Aprli 30 so I think this is accurate.

So its been really quiet, does anyone know how the groupme or facebook group look?

How big is their class normally? 180? How much of the FB is current students.

When is NW's CTE date? Wonder if there will be more WL spots open then. I really want to get into this school lol