Mar 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Also got the waitlist. Does anyone know if you almost have to send updates to have a chance of getting off of a waitlist? Or are the ranks largely predetermined

capriccio

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Have all the waitlist emails gone out at the same time in the morning, or are they coming throughout the day?

Reactions: anonymous94
May 2, 2018
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
WL, but won’t be accepting it. Good luck to everyone!

Jan 24, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I sent an LOI a couple days ago and was informed that they are still in the process of decision-making and that all remaining decisions (acceptances, declines, and offers to be placed on the alternate list) will be released in early April. They specifically used that wording in the parentheses, so don't give up hope!

capriccio

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
I sent an LOI a couple days ago and was informed that they are still in the process of decision-making and that all remaining decisions (acceptances, declines, and offers to be placed on the alternate list) will be released in early April. They specifically used that wording in the parentheses, so don't give up hope!
So it has to be this Friday or early next week right?? I can't imagine they would be making decisions after or during Second Look weekend.

Feb 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
So it has to be this Friday or early next week right?? I can't imagine they would be making decisions after or during Second Look weekend.
ya i would think so. I feel like any last As would have to go out asap (if there are any more to give out) since second look is so soon

Sep 17, 2018
ya i would think so. I feel like any last As would have to go out asap (if there are any more to give out) since second look is so soon
I agree. I also haven’t heard anything. Is there a number I could call and ask to check my app status/ask if news is going out tomororw? I don’t want to be a bother to them but I’m dying over here in anctitpixari

Aug 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Accepted about 15 minutes ago! Interviewed in early January. I will be attending, so if anyone wants to chat, send me a DM!
Congrats! See ya there ;)

Jun 5, 2018
Status
Interesting that they have us wait until April to give decisions and then tell us we need to give reasons why we don’t wanna be on the waitlist.....

Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Medical Student
sorry reporting super late but was off SDN the past 10 days or so but also got a WL email on Wednesday after late Jan interview

Jul 20, 2018
Second look was lit, you guys rock. See ya soon!
Yo for real though, they killed second look. Honestly was a game changer for me

Reactions: nostra_damus
Aug 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical

nostra_damus

2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
For current students or anybody that might know:
1) Is pre-clin 1.5 or 2 years? I'm a little confused by the 3 "phases"
2) How are clerkships graded? Is there a cap on who gets honors / does it generally feel very competitive?

Oct 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
For current students or anybody that might know:
1) Is pre-clin 1.5 or 2 years? I'm a little confused by the 3 "phases"
2) How are clerkships graded? Is there a cap on who gets honors / does it generally feel very competitive?
Pre-clin is 2 years, and I believe there is a cap on who gets honors based on where you rank from your clerkship grades. First two years are completely unranked Pass/Fail though. I don't think it feels competitive at all right now, and I think most people would say the same (unless you're gunning for ortho out of the gate or something).

Jun 19, 2018
Pre-clin is 2 years, and I believe there is a cap on who gets honors based on where you rank from your clerkship grades. First two years are completely unranked Pass/Fail though. I don't think it feels competitive at all right now, and I think most people would say the same (unless you're gunning for ortho out of the gate or something).
What year are you?