Jan 9, 2019
How many of y’all are going to live by yourselfs in Chicago? Do most people get roommates?

Reactions: anonymous94
Aug 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone been able to click on Accept fin aid on the CAESAR website yet? I've already accepted grant/scholarship by signing physical forms, but have not been able to do so for the online portion.

Reactions: BRM797
Oct 13, 2018
Also have not heard back. Do all of you have other scholarship offers you’re trying to get matched or just asking for more money?
I got a scholarship offer from another school matched, but I already had existing merit scholarship they just had to increase it a little to match. I’m not sure they’ll just give you a scholarship or increase your scholarship just for asking. They seem good about matching though!

Last edited:
Reactions: watermeloncholy
Jan 9, 2019
I got a scholarship offer from another school matched, but I already had existing merit scholarship they just had to increase it a little to match. I’m not sure they’ll just give you a scholarship or increase your scholarship just for asking. They seem good about matching though!
Who did you email?

Oct 8, 2018
I had a large scholarship from another school. Northwestern didn't match, but they did increase my scholarship today. Overall they offered me a decent amount of $$, but still about 50k less than the other school, which to be fair is lower ranked

Jan 9, 2019
I had a large scholarship from another school. Northwestern didn't match, but they did increase my scholarship today. Overall they offered me a decent amount of $$, but still about 50k less than the other school, which to be fair is lower ranked
How long did it take for them to work it out with you?

Mar 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if most of Feinberg’s WL offers (if any) are made in early May or do they tend to wait longer after April 30?

Reactions: bmore94
Sep 17, 2018
Does anyone know if most of Feinberg’s WL offers (if any) are made in early May or do they tend to wait longer after April 30?
Based on previous threads, most acceptances off the wait list go out right after April 30th on May 1st and May 2nd. However, I think some other acceptances were also reported later in may and even early June. Hope this helps! My fingers are crossed for all of us

Master_of_Savage

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
Medical Student
How many of y’all are going to live by yourselfs in Chicago? Do most people get roommates?
Yes most people get roommates. Getting a studio in streeterville is on the more expensive side (1700ish per month). In a 2 bed/2 bath or a 3/3 in streeterville you can expect to pay around 1200-1400 per month. If you move outside of streeterville the cost drastically decreases.

Master_of_Savage

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone who put down MD/MPH or other dual degree program know if the financial aid package on Caesar includes the aid for the additional degree?
It probably does not. If I recall correctly the first year the MD/MPH students got their MPH financial aid 1-2 months after the MD program started. The MPH program is on a different schedule than the MD program so their start dates aren't aligned.

Jul 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Fingers crossed! In past years they have done it right away so hopefully some movement happens this week
Maybe this Feinberg Friday? We'll get some news then?
I don't understand why so many people were rejected/ waitlisted this year post interview. It seems way off the ~70% post interview acceptance rate that was circulated in previous years.

Mar 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't understand why so many people were rejected/ waitlisted this year post interview. It seems way off the ~70% post interview acceptance rate that was circulated in previous years.
I agree. Seems like either their yield went up significantly or (hopefully for us) there will be more As off the waitlist this year.

Reactions: Beantown101
Feb 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
How do we know that a lot of people were rejected/WL'ed? Based on SDN posts?

Jul 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
How do we know that a lot of people were rejected/WL'ed? Based on SDN posts?
Yes I should have added what I said is 100% based on my observations on SDN- we've had a few rejections and given that Feinberg one year interviewed roughly 700, accepted around 500, and matriculated ~160 it is weird there's so many waitlist to acceptance numbers, and any rejects at this point.

Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Medical Student
Don't stress guys! I'm sure there will be a lot of WL movement! SO many people on the help me decide threads even dropped Feinberg. Then a bunch of others who got accepted in the first wave in the fall also dropped -- WL accepts are still included in that 70% acceptance rate, just keep up the wait!

Jan 13, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Don't stress guys! I'm sure there will be a lot of WL movement! SO many people on the help me decide threads even dropped Feinberg. Then a bunch of others who got accepted in the first wave in the fall also dropped -- WL accepts are still included in that 70% acceptance rate, just keep up the wait!
Thanks for the positivity! :)

Reactions: docdr281
Mar 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if NW would still consider matching scholarships if you get one from a school you were WL at?

Apr 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Ahhh I hope we don't have to wait as long as we did to find out about the waitlist! I'm confused because it seems like similar schools to feinberg have already pulled people off of their waitlists...

Jan 13, 2019
Status
Medical Student
I’m personally assuming 80% of WL movement occurs in the first couple weeks so if there’s no good news by Friday, you’d think chances become quite slim.

Sep 18, 2018
I’m personally assuming 80% of WL movement occurs in the first couple weeks so if there’s no good news by Friday, you’d think chances become quite slim.
It seems like WL movement might trickle more slowly this year because of the change in traffic rules. WL movement is kind of a chain reaction between multiple schools, so if a few were thrown off by the traffic rule changes, it would slow other schools as well.

Jan 13, 2019
Status
Medical Student
It seems like WL movement might trickle more slowly this year because of the change in traffic rules. WL movement is kind of a chain reaction between multiple schools, so if a few were thrown off by the traffic rule changes, it would slow other schools as well.
That’s a fair point. I think the neurotic pre-med in me simply wants to make some sort of hard deadline out of a waitlist, which is by definition indefinite :p

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
That’s a fair point. I think the neurotic pre-med in me simply wants to make some sort of hard deadline out of a waitlist, which is by definition indefinite :p
lol same but based on other threads it seems like other T20 schools have taken people off their respective waitlists so I wonder what that means for feinberg especially if they might have put more people on the waitlist this year. the neurotic premed in me trying to make sense of everything that doesn't make sense!

Reactions: madlaham