May 8, 2018
Also received merit scholarship, but did not check CAESAR yesterday, so cant comment if I had anything yesterday.

Happymadness

MD applicant or whutevuh
5+ Year Member
May 13, 2013
Filthydelphia
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone else disappointed with their fin aid offer? I’m having trouble rationalizing taking out ~250k in loans to pay for Feinberg when my state school will leave me with ~100k in loans. It was my top choice going into the app process. :( So sad.

Already planned out my second look trip and all, but now I feel like it’ll just make me depressed being there knowing I won’t be able to afford a Feinberg MD. I know Dr. Kundu said to reach out if finances are holding you back. Have y’all heard of anyone who’s had luck negotiating for more $$$? Should I ask to set up a meeting at second look? I’m desperate!!!

edit: I sent a letter explaining a few of my other offers before fin aid decisions came out so I already kinda bargained

Jul 6, 2018
If we didn’t get merit aid notification today and were submitted by March 1 should I assume I’m getting no merit aid?

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone else disappointed with their fin aid offer? I’m having trouble rationalizing taking out ~250k in loans to pay for Feinberg when my state school will leave me with ~100k in loans. It was my top choice going into the app process. :( So sad.

Already planned out my second look trip and all, but now I feel like it’ll just make me depressed being there knowing I won’t be able to afford a Feinberg MD. I know Dr. Kundu said to reach out if finances are holding you back. Have y’all heard of anyone who’s had luck negotiating for more $$$? Should I ask to set up a meeting at second look? I’m desperate!!!

edit: I sent a letter explaining a few of my other offers before fin aid decisions came out so I already kinda bargained
If you already talked with them I'm doubtful more would help but it also couldn't hurt. Also 100k at state school>250k anywhere else IMO.

treesnm3s

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)

Not sure if I got more money than I would’ve otherwise, but I got full tuition after telling them about another full tuition scholarship. Will probably withdraw sometime next week due to COA elsewhere, perhaps they’ll have more money for you after things have settled. I would definitely email explaining your situation. Worst they can say is no.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm going to call the fin aid office about this next week, but can we apply for a larger Grad plus loan amount than what is shown? My "other student resources" is around $10k, but that's a one time thing. That's just savings I had, and I didn't realize they would just subtract that from from fin aid package. I'm not trying to use all of my cash! Also, I hope they don't factor that one time amount into all future loan amounts...

Reactions: rio2018
Nov 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone who put down MD/MPH or other dual degree program know if the financial aid package on Caesar includes the aid for the additional degree?

Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Medical Student
Sorry guys, spoke to Laura. They seem to be extending decisions through early April. Though, that doesn't necessarily mean today won't be a Feinberg Friday..
man...really thought today was gonna be the end of these Feinberg Fridays...sigh

Reactions: bmore94 and dnsf

capriccio

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
Extending into April?? Did they interview significantly more people this year than before or something? I really hope at least some decisions come out today, at this point I just want to be released from this limbo regardless of outcome.

Reactions: dodolol21
Dec 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Trying to withdraw my acceptance from here, but not seeing an option to in the portal. Do you have to do it by email?

Reactions: Beantown101

Dcfan183

2+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2016
Status
Also just got a waitlist email. Does anyone know if I can include additional letters of rec as "updates"? I didn't get to submit ones I wanted to with my original application due to their requirements.

Nov 13, 2018
Status
Also just got a waitlist email. Does anyone know if I can include additional letters of rec as "updates"? I didn't get to submit ones I wanted to with my original application due to their requirements.
You can do that! I submitted an additional LOR later on and the admissions office added it to my file.

Reactions: Dcfan183