2018-2019 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heh! How does late October sound to you?

I interviewed in September :D, only thing keeping me from just withdrawing is the very unlikely chance that i get accepted that they might have some money to throw around when other people withdraw.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been WL’ed yet? Or just As and some Rs?

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew from here. Best of luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 1 user
Are delayed decision people hoping today will finally be the day?

Are delayed decision people hoping today will finally be the day?

If they’re going to be true to the last email they sent and notify us in March, today is the last weekday of the month. I really hope it’s the day! Good or bad I’m just ready to know

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry guys, spoke to Laura. They seem to be extending decisions through early April. Though, that doesn't necessarily mean today won't be a Feinberg Friday..

Reactions: 5 users
Sorry guys, spoke to Laura. They seem to be extending decisions through early April. Though, that doesn't necessarily mean today won't be a Feinberg Friday..
Thanks for the update! I'm hoping that they try to send out all acceptances with sufficient time to make travel plans to attend second look.

man...really thought today was gonna be the end of these Feinberg Fridays...sigh

Extending into April?? Did they interview significantly more people this year than before or something? I really hope at least some decisions come out today, at this point I just want to be released from this limbo regardless of outcome.

See you guys next week same place same time

Reactions: 11 users
I hope they know that people accepted from this last batch won’t be able to go to second look because of travel expenses

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe they already sent out all acceptances

Certainly possible, but I’d like to think they’re not making us wait this long to simply learn whether we’re rejected or waitlisted!

Reactions: 2 users
Trying to withdraw my acceptance from here, but not seeing an option to in the portal. Do you have to do it by email?

Does anyone think any decisions will be released prior to Friday this week?

They should accept the rest of us waiting as an April fool’s joke

Also just got a waitlist email. Does anyone know if I can include additional letters of rec as "updates"? I didn't get to submit ones I wanted to with my original application due to their requirements.

Also just got a waitlist email. Does anyone know if I can include additional letters of rec as "updates"? I didn't get to submit ones I wanted to with my original application due to their requirements.
You can do that! I submitted an additional LOR later on and the admissions office added it to my file.

any rejections/acceptances? wondering what it means to not have heard anything yet

Reactions: 4 users
Correct me if I’m wrong but based on last year’s thread it seems like they didn’t reject anyone post-interview

Correct me if I’m wrong but based on last year’s thread it seems like they didn’t reject anyone post-interview
I don't know about last year, but there were some rejections earlier this year, I think in February

Also got the waitlist. Does anyone know if you almost have to send updates to have a chance of getting off of a waitlist? Or are the ranks largely predetermined

Have all the waitlist emails gone out at the same time in the morning, or are they coming throughout the day?

Anyone still in silence here? Will most likely be withdrawing but would still like to know..

Reactions: 7 users
I sent an LOI a couple days ago and was informed that they are still in the process of decision-making and that all remaining decisions (acceptances, declines, and offers to be placed on the alternate list) will be released in early April. They specifically used that wording in the parentheses, so don't give up hope!

Reactions: 3 users
I sent an LOI a couple days ago and was informed that they are still in the process of decision-making and that all remaining decisions (acceptances, declines, and offers to be placed on the alternate list) will be released in early April. They specifically used that wording in the parentheses, so don't give up hope!
So it has to be this Friday or early next week right?? I can't imagine they would be making decisions after or during Second Look weekend.