Sep 17, 2018
Has anyone called the admissions office to get more waitlist info? Do we know if they have open spots from people withdrawing? I am surprised to only see one acceptance off WL reported on here. Usually they are more...

Reactions: neuro312
Nov 13, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Has anyone called the admissions office to get more waitlist info? Do we know if they have open spots from people withdrawing? I am surprised to only see one acceptance off WL reported on here. Usually they are more...
I called a couple days ago and they said to expect movement this month and June, but that was it. Nothing about the number of spots expected to open or anything else in terms of details.

Mar 13, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Putting off matriculation for a year and getting a guaranteed spot in the next year's class. Usually if the person wants to take an extra gap year or something.

May 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical, Pre-Psychology
I just got my deferral approved, so hopefully that means one of y'all will get pulled off the waitlist. Best of luck!
I wanted to message you to ask you about the deferral process, but it's not an available option for me due to privacy settings. Do you think you could DM me?

What does deferral approved mean?
After you get accepted to a med school you can ask the admissions whether you could defer a year and join in with next year's matriculating class- basically, take a gap year even after you are accepted to med school.

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know how Feinberg is about matching scholarships ?
Supposedly really good, but I have no personal experience to back it up, just what I've heard on here. They also specifically said to send in your other offers on interview day

Mar 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
This late in the game there’s probably not much scholarship money but who knows, just gotta ask and see

Oct 13, 2018
Heads up: Was going through the fb group last night with a friend who is attending, and there have been ~10 new additions to the group recently (last friday and this tuesday). None of them appear to be current students. One of those was a friend who I know for a fact got in off the WL. Seems like there’s been more WL movement than indicated on this forum.

Dec 29, 2018
Just DM'd you. If anyone else wants to know about the deferral process let me know.

I wanted to message you to ask you about the deferral process, but it's not an available option for me due to privacy settings. Do you think you could DM me?

After you get accepted to a med school you can ask the admissions whether you could defer a year and join in with next year's matriculating class- basically, take a gap year even after you are accepted to med school.

Reactions: ra88
Jan 9, 2019
Does anyone have any experience with what to do if there are no Certiphi drug screening site locations near you? I live in a rural location (which actually does have a drug screening site, just apparently isn’t certiphi approved or partnered) and can’t exactly afford to fly just to take a drug screen...1:(
When are you going to Chicago?

airceezy

2+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it safe to assume most of the waitlist movement has happened already?
Sent an update in the last week and they said most of the waitlist movement happened in May but there could still be small amount of movement between now and when classes start if someone withdraws

Jan 13, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Sent an update in the last week and they said most of the waitlist movement happened in May but there could still be small amount of movement between now and when classes start if someone withdraws
Thank you for sharing!

Jan 9, 2019
I moved to Chicago really early, anyone else here in town? Maybe we can meet up