2018-2019 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted off the waitlist last week and will be attending! NW was my top choice, so I had sent multiple updates and a LOI(intent). Best wishes to everyone still waiting to hear~

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any experience with what to do if there are no Certiphi drug screening site locations near you? I live in a rural location (which actually does have a drug screening site, just apparently isn’t certiphi approved or partnered) and can’t exactly afford to fly just to take a drug screen...:(

When are you going to Chicago?

Is it safe to assume most of the waitlist movement has happened already?

Reactions: 1 user
Is it safe to assume most of the waitlist movement has happened already?
Sent an update in the last week and they said most of the waitlist movement happened in May but there could still be small amount of movement between now and when classes start if someone withdraws

Reactions: 1 users
Sent an update in the last week and they said most of the waitlist movement happened in May but there could still be small amount of movement between now and when classes start if someone withdraws

Thank you for sharing!

I moved to Chicago really early, anyone else here in town? Maybe we can meet up

I would guess that WL movement is complete at this point, but has anyone by chance asked admissions?

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Two questions…
1) Does anyone know if Feinberg provides any study resources to students (e.g. Boards&Beyond, Pathoma, UWorld, Sketchy, First Aid, NBME question banks, etc.) and if so at what point in the school year?
2) What material (broadly) is covered during Foundations 1, 2, and 3 respectively?

Does anyone know when we can accept our fin aid on CAESAR? I got charged for fees and health insurance, but no way to pay it...

is NW's curriculum conducive to research? i.e. will I have time to do research during my first 1-3 years?

is NW's curriculum conducive to research? i.e. will I have time to do research during my first 1-3 years?
There is a lot of free time in the schedule. Usually done by 12 a couple days out of the week and done by 3 or 4 most other days (obviously depends if there are mandatory things you have to go to like every other week we have a 4-5 hour clinic for years 1-2). So there’s time, but I find myself studying 4-6 hours a day.... if you’re good at time management, you can find time to do research. Obviously wet lab research will be difficult and clinical research shouldn’t be a problem really. I’ve tried going into the lab a few hours each weekend, but honestly you start to get bogged down by a lot of new things you need to learn. Again, just my experience. I know a person in M2 who literally has like 6 projects (none wet lab though)

There is a lot of free time in the schedule. Usually done by 12 a couple days out of the week and done by 3 or 4 most other days (obviously depends if there are mandatory things you have to go to like every other week we have a 4-5 hour clinic for years 1-2). So there’s time, but I find myself studying 4-6 hours a day.... if you’re good at time management, you can find time to do research. Obviously wet lab research will be difficult and clinical research shouldn’t be a problem really. I’ve tried going into the lab a few hours each weekend, but honestly you start to get bogged down by a lot of new things you need to learn. Again, just my experience. I know a person in M2 who literally has like 6 projects (none wet lab though)

Gotcha, thanks for your reply!

current student here - you're correct! most of the class is deferred to February, including me. I counted myself out after getting deferred in Nov and having lower scores than the class average (I was devastated because it was my favorite interview!), so don't count yourself out!:)

This is me right now. You're giving me hope.