Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

hotel in Kirksville?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by solie, Nov 15, 2001.

1. solie

solie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,
    Does anyone have any advice about hotels in Kirksville?
    The school sent a list, but I was wondering if anyone could offer any personal experiences? Is there any that are relatively inexpensive, but decent to stay in for a couple nights?
    Thanks! :)

2. bustinbooty

bustinbooty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I used to work at the Comfort Inn when I did my undergrad here in town (before starting KCOM). You can swindle them down to 45 a night, depending on availability. It is as close if not closer to KCOM than the other hotels. Hot tub, etc. 660-665-2205 is the number to the hotel.

3. KCOM2005

KCOM2005 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

If you are interviewing here at the school, they will be happy to set you up with staying at a student's house. This may seem intimidating, but it is well worth it. The insight that current students have to offer is what you should be seeking. Plus, it is FREE.

4. biz

biz Member
    10+ Year Member

I stayed at the Days Inn and they had an interviewee rate. I don't remember what it was exactly, but I know I was broke so it had to be pretty reasonable. Good luck!

5. solie

solie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks everyone!
    I didn't want to stay with a student just because I still don't know what time I'll be getting into town (it could be quite late).
    Kirksville here I come!
    :)

6. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    There's also a Holiday Inn Express (never know, that intellectual boost from staying there may be enough to put you over the hump!!) in K'ville as well. Both the Holiday Inn and Days Inn offer $50/night to KCOM interviewees...the Holiday Inn also gave me the interviewee rate for a couple of stays when my wife was interviewing at the hosp and when we returned to buy our condo in the Woodwinds.

7. Slingblade the Surgeon

Slingblade the Surgeon Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Go days inn, it is right by the wal mart and booger king as well as the defunct Fazolis.

8. Hskermdic

Hskermdic Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Slingblade,
    I think you may be thinking of the comfort inn. The days inn is on the opposite side of town as Walmart. (Not that that is still very far apart)

If you want to see what K'ville is really like stay at the comfort inn. If you want to have a nice "luxzurious" place to stay (by K'ville standards) go to Holiday inn express or Days inn

9. Hskermdic

Hskermdic Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Slingblade,
    I think you may be thinking of the comfort inn. The days inn is on the opposite side of town as Walmart. (Not that that is still very far apart)

If you want to see what K'ville is really like stay at the comfort inn. If you want to have a nice "luxzurious" place to stay (by K'ville standards) go to Holiday inn express or Days inn

10. Slingblade the Surgeon

Slingblade the Surgeon Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Oh yeah, sorry. I knew it was something - INN :D

11. curlgrrl

curlgrrl Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I stayed at the Day's Inn. It was relatively close to KCOM and they gave me a discount ($49, I think).

I rented a car from Enterprise. They were great and picked me up from the Kirksville airport (an experience in itself!)

Have a great time and good luck with the interview.

12. solie

solie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the advice--I ended up staying at the Days Inn. I went to hoteldiscounts.com, which is a really great site for cheap hotel rooms, for anyone looking around for good prices.

Anyway, I called up the Days Inn to ask if they have a discount for interviewees, and they said they didn't, and that the room would be $59 a night. So then I looked it up on hoteldiscounts.com and got it for $39.95 a night!
    That site is GREAT! :)