hotel in Kirksville?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

solie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have any advice about hotels in Kirksville?
The school sent a list, but I was wondering if anyone could offer any personal experiences? Is there any that are relatively inexpensive, but decent to stay in for a couple nights?
Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I used to work at the Comfort Inn when I did my undergrad here in town (before starting KCOM). You can swindle them down to 45 a night, depending on availability. It is as close if not closer to KCOM than the other hotels. Hot tub, etc. 660-665-2205 is the number to the hotel.

If you are interviewing here at the school, they will be happy to set you up with staying at a student's house. This may seem intimidating, but it is well worth it. The insight that current students have to offer is what you should be seeking. Plus, it is FREE.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed at the Days Inn and they had an interviewee rate. I don't remember what it was exactly, but I know I was broke so it had to be pretty reasonable. Good luck!

thanks everyone!
I didn't want to stay with a student just because I still don't know what time I'll be getting into town (it could be quite late).
Kirksville here I come!
:)

There's also a Holiday Inn Express (never know, that intellectual boost from staying there may be enough to put you over the hump!!) in K'ville as well. Both the Holiday Inn and Days Inn offer $50/night to KCOM interviewees...the Holiday Inn also gave me the interviewee rate for a couple of stays when my wife was interviewing at the hosp and when we returned to buy our condo in the Woodwinds.

Go days inn, it is right by the wal mart and booger king as well as the defunct Fazolis.

Slingblade,
I think you may be thinking of the comfort inn. The days inn is on the opposite side of town as Walmart. (Not that that is still very far apart)

If you want to see what K'ville is really like stay at the comfort inn. If you want to have a nice "luxzurious" place to stay (by K'ville standards) go to Holiday inn express or Days inn

Slingblade,
I think you may be thinking of the comfort inn. The days inn is on the opposite side of town as Walmart. (Not that that is still very far apart)

If you want to see what K'ville is really like stay at the comfort inn. If you want to have a nice "luxzurious" place to stay (by K'ville standards) go to Holiday inn express or Days inn

I stayed at the Day's Inn. It was relatively close to KCOM and they gave me a discount ($49, I think).

I rented a car from Enterprise. They were great and picked me up from the Kirksville airport (an experience in itself!)

Have a great time and good luck with the interview.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the advice--I ended up staying at the Days Inn. I went to hoteldiscounts.com, which is a really great site for cheap hotel rooms, for anyone looking around for good prices.

Anyway, I called up the Days Inn to ask if they have a discount for interviewees, and they said they didn't, and that the room would be $59 a night. So then I looked it up on hoteldiscounts.com and got it for $39.95 a night!
That site is GREAT! :)