2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II on 02/14! Does anyone know if there's uber? or how to get around Kirksville? Deciding which airport to fly into and wondering if ill still need a rental car if flying directly to Kirksville
If you fly to the Kansas airport. Their email said to not rely on the GPS as it sends you odd directions. I went to the Columbia Airport (cou) so I never had a issue, but a few of the other interviewers did not get the memo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Due to getting accepted closer to home, I will unfortunately be turning down my seat here at ATSU. I just had to add in that this school is fantastic. Extremely genuine on interview day, they have written letters to me post-acceptance checking in, even my interviewers. Cannot say more good about this school. Unfortunately money and distance just didn’t work out for me. I am still more than happy to answer any questions about the interview as I feel I performed extremely well at my interview here. Good luck to all those that still have interviews and good luck to those attending KCOM!

Reactions: 2 users
Here's to hoping tomorrow's the day for those of us banking on that waitlist!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
FYI for those just receiving interview -- I just received this message from the director of admissions:

"I want to update you where we are at in our application cycle before you arrive on campus for an interview with KCOM. Our class is filling quickly for the July 2020 start but not all seats are secured by a deposit. We anticipate we will have several seats to offer in the upcoming weeks so if KCOM is one of your top choices for medical school we encourage you to interview with us. Last cycle most students on our accepted waitlist were offered a seat to start in July 2019. We also have guaranteed seats to offer for next year's class should a seat not become available this year. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call or email....I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. I hope you will make the decision to visit campus and see what KCOM has to offer."

Conditional acceptance pending someone declines their seat but guranteed acceptance for next year. Man everyone else is so lucky...

Accepted...kind of. Same as the post above me, pending someone dropping but also guaranteed a spot in class of 2025.

Conditional acceptance pending someone declines their seat but guranteed acceptance for next year. Man everyone else is so lucky...
Same here friend.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

+1, but i will be declining my "acceptance." ive deposited for 2 schools already. good luck to everyone!

Didn't get the call today... its not looking good:(

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Schools typically accept 2-3 times their class size. People drop all the time. Highly doubt anyone will have to wait until next year if you do end up choosing this school. Schools rarely over accept to the point where they need to ask people to start the next year.

Schools typically accept 2-3 times their class size. People drop all the time. Highly doubt anyone will have to wait until next year if you do end up choosing this school. Schools rarely over accept to the point where they need to ask people to start the next year.

An update on this too: I ended up calling the person who sent us that email. She said that more than likely those on the accepted waitlist will get a spot. Last year, only like a handful didn't get a spot but they're still offered guaranteed seats the following year like in our situation. She said we're not ranked though so I'm not really sure how we're given seats lol.

This is going to seem random, but I wasn't sure where else to ask this! I'm hoping to get married this year at some point, either right before I leave for Kirksville and start in July, or during the week-long fall break during MS1.

Any suggestions as to the pros and cons of each time frame?
Getting married this summer before I leave for school would be challenging, but I'm not sure if it would be any less challenging than making it happen during Sept fall break.
The summer timeline would feel more rushed though, as my mom has indicated that she would be totally willing to execute a lot of the details while I'm in school if I wanted to make the fall wedding happen instead.

Some background:
My SO is still trying to figure out his timeframe for school as well as he is waiting to hear back from med schools at the moment.
We have been together for 7+ years, so the less time we have to wait while still making it awesome is preferred!
I (we) will be moving from CO to MO so not sure if planning a wedding and moving all at once is a great idea.

Thanks in advance!

I may need to change my February interview to March. Does anyone possibly have the dates for the March interviews?

Accepted pending a seat. Does anyone know when waitlist movement will begin?

My application was completed on 11/19, and I still haven't heard from them... is anyone else in this situation or does that mean it's unlikely to hear back from them?

My application was completed on 11/19, and I still haven't heard from them... is anyone else in this situation or does that mean it's unlikely to hear back from them?

Complete since 9/16. Still haven’t heard back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to seem random, but I wasn't sure where else to ask this! I'm hoping to get married this year at some point, either right before I leave for Kirksville and start in July, or during the week-long fall break during MS1.

Getting married this summer before I leave for school would be challenging, but I'm not sure if it would be any less challenging than making it happen during Sept fall break.
The summer timeline would feel more rushed though, as my mom has indicated that she would be totally willing to execute a lot of the details while I'm in school if I wanted to make the fall wedding happen instead.

Some background:
My SO is still trying to figure out his timeframe for school as well as he is waiting to hear back from med schools at the moment.
We have been together for 7+ years, so the less time we have to wait while still making it awesome is preferred!
I (we) will be moving from CO to MO so not sure if planning a wedding and moving all at once is a great idea.

Thanks in advance!
Not sure if I have any real input lol but I've seen most of the med school weddings happen after first year or right before 3rd year happens because there's no real studying in between and they're both relatively stable/settled in what they're doing whether it's work or school. I suppose you could do it the summer before, but you already know how it could be like.

do any current/former students have a list or know the approximate number of spots open at each of the core rotation sites for year 3/4?

do any current/former students have a list or know the approximate number of spots open at each of the core rotation sites for year 3/4?

I have it. I can message you with it!

Sounds good guys! Anyone else, just like this post and I will forward it to you!

Reactions: 9 users
For all who liked the post and did not receive the image, you'll need to adjust your privacy settings to receive the message. Otherwise, send a message to me! Thanks

Just saw the tuition for this school and it’s really high compared to other schools. Not only that but the tuition seems to be rising every year?!? Does any current student know why? Or why is the tuition so high for such a small school?

Some background:

Thanks in advance!

You’ll probably want to get married before July. The fall break will go quick and, while the first 3 blocks of your semester are easier, you’ll still be adjusting to the college and KCOM throws in a lot of extra events to occupy your free time before fall break so planning a wedding will be stressful even with your mom’s help.

I know several students are waiting to get married in the summer when they are not doing their CE.

II on 02/14! Does anyone know if there's uber? or how to get around Kirksville? Deciding which airport to fly into and wondering if ill still need a rental car if flying directly to Kirksville

There is a taxi service, but I have not heard of any students ever using it.

Also for any current ATSU students, what are your opinions about starting classes two weeks early/before anyone else?
Was it nice to settle in a couple of weeks early for classes before other students showed up?
Is starting that many weeks early worth being able to "ease into" the class schedule and not have as many courses to start your first semester?

I am not really sure what you mean by starting early. Does the school offer this?

I wouldn’t recommend it. Enjoy your break....you won’t get another one for a while.

rejected post-II. honestly shocked, i thought this was my best interview yet...

You’ll probably want to get married before July. The fall break will go quick and, while the first 3 blocks of your semester are easier, you’ll still be adjusting to the college and KCOM throws in a lot of extra events to occupy your free time before fall break so planning a wedding will be stressful even with your mom’s help.

I know several students are waiting to get married in the summer when they are not doing their CE.
Ok thanks for the advice, I'll definitely keep thinking about getting married before I head out there! It totally makes sense to get married before then if possible!

Withdrew my acceptance here! hope it goes to one of you!!!

Officially withdrew my II. I hope it will go to a more deserving candidate. Wish you all the best of luck ;)

II 2/3 accepted pending seat

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody know if there is a good amount of movement in the alternate waitlist?

Does anybody know if there is a good amount of movement in the alternate waitlist?
I called Monday and they said that there hasn't been any significant movement and people have been paying their deposit. They said maybe after the start of March, we'll hear something. This makes sense because AMCAS will have started accepting people and what not. They also don't rank this early due to the fluidity of how everything is.

For any current KCOM students, how long is the summer break in between year one and two? I know there are two weeks after finals (at the end of year one) that we are required to do the clinical experiences in KCOM, but how much time is there normally between those clinical experiences ending and the beginning of year two?

Withdrew my spot on the pending seat list. ATSU has a lot of great history and things to offer so I'm kind of sad to say that I won't be part of the KCOM Class of 2024 or 2025.