Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
also I've been creeping on the MD waitlist forum. they have an admissions committee member on there that tells them where movement has been happening each day and it seems to be slow their as well. slower than in the past. so hopefully that picks up soon and that is just the cause of the waitlist here being so slow.

Ohhh. Yeah I talked to him last week and he told me that its ridiculously slow this year. But I agree with you..lets hope that the MD schools movement picks up so that ours does too. It is only May! (On a positive note) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Ohhh. Yeah I talked to him last week and he told me that its ridiculously slow this year. But I agree with you..lets hope that the MD schools movement picks up so that ours does too. It is only May! (On a positive note) :)
Ron being so upfront with me just made me want to go even more. they are so helpful and nice there! we do still have a month and a half until the start of classes so fingers crossed lol

Ron being so upfront with me just made me want to go even more. they are so helpful and nice there! we do still have a month and a half until the start of classes so fingers crossed lol
Keep me updated! I called last week so I'll probably call again sometime next week or so and I'll post updates too! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes this is one hundred percent true based on what I have gathered..I called a week ago and spoke with Ron who informed me that there were two separate wait-lists and that currently only the people from the "high waitlist" are being considered at this time..he expects most people from the alternate waitlist to begin moving come early or mid June, but said that some students may be considered as late as early July if spots are available..really just a waiting game, and be happy if your status changes cause that's good news..I'm on the alternate list so unfortunately my status has yet to change, but I'll continue to be hopeful until 7/24...

Regarding positions on lists, do they actually tell you what number you are on the waitlist (whether high or alternate?) Also, how do you get in touch with Ron? I've been calling the Office of Admissions, and I've only been talking to Ann so far (both through email and phonecall), and Ron doesn't seem to reply to emails.
Thanks so much!

Thanks for posting updates on here, I will talk to them sometimes next week and will post as well. Also, is anyone having trouble opening the LECOM portal? I can't seem to get it to work today. It's been working for me in the past.

Thanks for posting updates on here, I will talk to them sometimes next week and will post as well. Also, is anyone having trouble opening the LECOM portal? I can't seem to get it to work today. It's been working for me in the past.
I was having trouble as well but it started working for me again!

2 questions! How frequently are you guys emailing/ calling the school if you're on the alternate list? Also, are you guys planning on applying again this cycle? This is my only prospect of med school, so I'm not sure if I should wait until the end of July (which will put me late in the game) or apply again now. Just so much money wasted if this works out. What's everyone's plan?

Hey can i PM anyone here about the financial aid information. Some stuff is confusing me

just saw on the Facebook group that someone dropped their spot. so someone is going to be getting a call!

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone link to the facebook group?

Members don't see this ad :)
any updates on how full the class is? or if there is going to be much movement anymore?

any updates on how full the class is? or if there is going to be much movement anymore?
i assume it is full. and as seats are given up they pull from the alternate list. no one here seems to be saying they are giving up their spot or have been accepted off the alternate list. so I'm hoping there is movement happening and ppl just aren't posting. other DO and MD schools seem to be having a decent amount of movement everyday the last two weeks. even the Erie campus is having some.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone talked to admissions about the alternate list lately?

has anyone talked to admissions about the alternate list lately?
It doesn't look like there will be much movement considering the fact we start on the 24th of next month. Let's hope I'm wrong! :)

Just turned down a spot here a few minutes ago- there's still hope for everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
I haven't heard anything yet. I called today, but had to leave a message. Hopefully they get back to me soon with more information.

i talked to them last week and they said there hasn't been any change. its still moving VERY slowly (like maybe 1 a week)

Withdrew my spot this week, best of luck to y'all still waiting!

So is this their version of a rejection?

"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding an interview. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 90 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time"
Did you call to follow up any time after that? Did you work on your master at that time?

Last edited:
I was told the same when I called this cycle . Is this a version of a rejection based on your experience on last cycle? Did you call to follow up any time after that? Did you work on your master at that time?
I never followed up, and I got a rejection letter from them after I started at my instate MD school lolz