2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had been waiting for the longest time it felt like too. I had gotten in contact with Debra over the phone. She’s very sweet and told me good news about the status of my application. Seems like they rank individuals who are not waitlisted and have been waiting to hear back
Yea but 18 weeks seems a little too much. I feel like they should have made a decision by now. Should I give Debra a call or should I wait and see what happens?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea but 18 weeks seems a little too much. I feel like they should have made a decision by now. Should I give Debra a call or should I wait and see what happens?
I don’t think it will hurt, you will finally have some more information from them

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist at all this cycle?

19 weeks and counting, completed 12/11 and my application is still under review post interview. Contacted admissions and Ronald four different times now and haven’t received a single reply. Finally got a hold of Debra and all she could do it is forward my concern to Ron, who again, doesn’t answer. This is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone know if there’s someone higher up I can contact?

19 weeks and counting, completed 12/11 and my application is still under review post interview. Contacted admissions and Ronald four different times now and haven’t received a single reply. Finally got a hold of Debra and all she could do it is forward my concern to Ron, who again, doesn’t answer. This is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone know if there’s someone higher up I can contact?
I was complete 10/30 and still nothing, I’ve recently tried contacting them through email but haven’t received a response

I was complete 10/30 and still nothing, I’ve recently tried contacting them through email but haven’t received a response
I interviewed 3/12 and was recently speaking with Ron. I believe the "under review" list is also ranked, as well as the waitlist. I am still "under review" but was told I am highly ranked and they are (as I understand) waiting for students to withdraw before making more decisions. I believe they meet on Thursdays so try calling/ emailing on Wednesdays before they meet?

MD PTE date was 4/15 and CTE is 4/30 so I am thinking we will probably/hopefully hear more in May. Sucks that the wait is so long but at least you haven't gotten an R!

Reactions: 1 users
Okay dumb question time :rofl::

I just found out today that I'm an alternate. I know we send updates/LOI to Ronald Shively, but should we address the LOI to him or to the admissions committee? Thanks in advance!

Okay dumb question time :rofl::

I just found out today that I'm an alternate. I know we send updates/LOI to Ronald Shively, but should we address the LOI to him or to the admissions committee? Thanks in advance!

I addressed it to Ronald Shively. Not dumb question haha I over thought everything about the loi (like subject line, how to write salutations, etc)

I’m not quite sure but I wouldn’t overdue contacting though, they are definitely overwhelmed and there may be a fine line between showing how interested and motivated to attend you are, and overdoing it and annoying them (you don’t want them to get frustrated with you and think you’re pushy). But that’s just an opinion so I’m not too sure! I’m sure Ronald isn’t ignoring you, keep us updated though! Best of luck!!

I addressed it to Ronald Shively. Not dumb question haha I over thought everything about the loi (like subject line, how to write salutations, etc)
Thank you so much! I have honestly been a ball of stress all day about this so the overthinking is unreal. I appreciate your help!!

For reference, Ronald always responds to me within a day the past few times in March / April that I reached out to him. If he isn't responding and you havent received any decision since December, that's probably not a good sign.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not quite sure but I wouldn’t overdue contacting though, they are definitely overwhelmed and there may be a fine line between showing how interested and motivated to attend you are, and overdoing it and annoying them (you don’t want them to get frustrated with you and think you’re pushy). But that’s just an opinion so I’m not too sure! I’m sure Ronald isn’t ignoring you, keep us updated though! Best of luck!!
I know what you mean but I’m not being rude or pushy or anything like that. I emailed asking if there’s anything missing from my end that’s causing a delay. I’m being very polite and just asking for an update. Regardless of how overwhelmed they are, it’s not difficult to reply to an email with a simple update letting us know where we stand. I might be wrong tho that’s just me. Thank you regardless, best of luck to you too!

For reference, Ronald always responds to me within a day the past few times in March / April that I reached out to him. If he isn't responding and you havent received any decision since December, that's probably not a good sign.
he always replied to me within 2 days too. Good sign or bad sign, I don’t think that’s a reason to not reply to me. They’re known for interviewing a **** load and giving out WLs like it’s nothing so I don’t think they would suddenly stop with my file because they’re not interested. Even if it’s a R, just gimme it so I can move on with my life

I interviewed 3/12 and was recently speaking with Ron. I believe the "under review" list is also ranked, as well as the waitlist. I am still "under review" but was told I am highly ranked and they are (as I understand) waiting for students to withdraw before making more decisions. I believe they meet on Thursdays so try calling/ emailing on Wednesdays before they meet?

MD PTE date was 4/15 and CTE is 4/30 so I am thinking we will probably/hopefully hear more in May. Sucks that the wait is so long but at least you haven't gotten an R!
I hope this is my case, I just want an update!! 😂 best of luck to you and everybody else still waiting. I’m sorry for the rant it’s just very frustrating

I hope this is my case, I just want an update!! 😂 best of luck to you and everybody else still waiting. I’m sorry for the rant it’s just very frustrating
No worries at all!! I completely understand the frustration. Hopefully you get good news soon and we all start to see a little more movement on admissions end :) I have my fingers crossed for May!

Did anyone who attended an information session in February hear back? I never got anything sent to me in the mail and I emailed three weeks ago with no response

Does anyone know if all the courses at Lecom-b are PBL or are some taught through lecture?

Does anyone know if all the courses at Lecom-b are PBL or are some taught through lecture?
I believe almost all are with the exception of anatomy and a few simple classes like sociology or something. Not positive tho

Did anyone who attended an information session in February hear back? I never got anything sent to me in the mail and I emailed three weeks ago with no response
I interviewed February 26th and heard back last week. They sent their decision April 5th but it took two weeks to get to me. Have you checked your portal recently?

I interviewed February 26th and heard back last week. They sent their decision April 5th but it took two weeks to get to me. Have you checked your portal recently?
I haven’t check the portal in a little while l. Did you get your decision in the mail?

Where would I find an update in the portal?

Where would I find an update in the portal?
Under "admissions"---> "status" it will be somewhere between "under review," (probably an R at this point) "a decision has been made" (either an R or A, very slight chance of alternate, and you'll find out via snail mail) or "you've accepted a position as an alternate, you will be notified if space opens," in which case there is no point checking the portal because they will call you.

Under "admissions"---> "status" it will be somewhere between "under review," (probably an R at this point) "a decision has been made" (either an R or A, very slight chance of alternate, and you'll find out via snail mail) or "you've accepted a position as an alternate, you will be notified if space opens," in which case there is no point checking the portal because they wi
Under "admissions"---> "status" it will be somewhere between "under review," (probably an R at this point) "a decision has been made" (either an R or A, very slight chance of alternate, and you'll find out via snail mail) or "you've accepted a position as an alternate, you will be notified if space opens," in which case there is no point checking the portal because they will call you.
Thanks

What’s normal turnaround for admissions here? Interviewed 4/9

What’s normal turnaround for admissions here? Interviewed 4/9

Not quite sure how it’ll be this late, I think it took like 2 months to hear back for me (interviewed Jan didn’t hear back till March). Also just for everyone waiting, Idk how accurate this is but a rough idea of seats filled- the GroupMe has 141 members (give or take some who haven’t been added) and I believe there’s 186 seats this year, could be wrong and just throwing it out there.

Probably a bit late, but I withdrew my A from here some weeks back. Hope it goes to one of you.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
News flash: This information came from current students at this school. If you are looking to attend the MMS program, beware. They use words such as if you maintain a certain gpa you will get an interview but that does not mean you will get accepted. As a Florida resident, I wanted to attend here because it is the closest medical school to me so I did my research. Less than 20 of almost 50 students who interviewed for this DO program from their MMS program were accepted and even less were accepted for the dental program. Now this school is planning to have up to 200+ students in the MMS programs in the future and make it online knowing that only 20 of this students or less will eventually be accepted in the end for the DO program. This is a money scheme. This school is pocketing money from students being in the MMS program but most of these students will not get accepted in the end. I was shocked when I heard about this. I will not be apply here anymore. Thank you all to the past and current students at this school who were honest about what is really going on. Also if you are on the waitlist for their DO or dental school, students currently attending there said the classes are full and the school is too scared to send out a bunch of rejection letters at once.

Reactions: 5 users
News flash: This information came from current students at this school. If you are looking to attend the MMS program, beware. They use words such as if you maintain a certain gpa you will get an interview but that does not mean you will get accepted. As a Florida resident, I wanted to attend here because it is the closest medical school to me so I did my research. Less than 20 of almost 50 students who interviewed for this DO program from their MMS program were accepted and even less were accepted for the dental program. Now this school is planning to have up to 200+ students in the MMS programs in the future and make it online knowing that only 20 of this students or less will eventually be accepted in the end for the DO program. This is a money scheme. This school is pocketing money from students being in the MMS program but most of these students will not get accepted in the end. I was shocked when I heard about this. I will not be apply here anymore. Thank you all to the past and current students at this school who were honest about what is really going on. Also if you are on the waitlist for their DO or dental school, students currently attending there said the classes are full and the school is too scared to send out a bunch of rejection letters at once.
+1 similar situation but at a different University. It shouldn't be a surprise to people who have done their research like yourself. But you have to think about it. Other than a diy post bac, these SMPs are the only way for many desperate students to prove to admins that they can handle medicine. A second chance at medicine, so to speak. Whoever came up with the idea is a genius! A "guaranteed interview" doesn't mean squid-dit-ly-do if the rest of your apps is terrible. Like you mentioned, yes, some of us will get in that way but the numbers are so so low. My SMP (that I almost went into) costs about $30K for the "guaranteed interview" and a certificate. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Such a lucrative scheme for the desperate premeds. People can look into bridge programs that actually guarantee acceptances but those have their own set of problems. I'm so glad I got out before it's too late (like a week into the program lol) and hunker down, retook my MCAT, add a bit more EC and now I'm about 3 months away from being an OSM-I student :banana:

Last edited:
+1 similar situation but at a different University. It shouldn't be a surprise to people who have done their research like yourself. But you have to think about it. Other than a diy post bac, these SMPs are the only way for many desperate students to prove to admins that they can handle medicine. A second chance at medicine, so to speak. Whoever came up with the idea is a genius! A "guaranteed interview" doesn't mean squid-dit-ly-do if the rest of your apps is terrible. Like you mentioned, yes, some of us will get in that way but the numbers are so so low. My SMP (that I almost went into) costs about $30K for the "guaranteed interview" and a certificate. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Such a lucrative scheme for the desperate premeds. People can look into bridge programs that actually guarantee acceptances but those have their own set of problems. I'm so glad I got out before it's too late (like a week into the program lol) and hunker down, retook my MCAT, add a bit more EC anId now I'm about 3 months away from being an OSM-I student :banana:
That's great that you didn't become a statistic and actually worked hard to save your money and still earned an admission. I was just surprised because a lot of people bad mouth Caribbean schools for being for profit schools and not caring about the students they admit. This schools is on the same level. This should be illegal to con so many desperate premedical students in such a manner. I hope more students become aware of schools like this so they will not be victimized.

Current M1, Lecture courses are Anatomy, and then you have Clinical Examination Lecture your first year, and OPP Lecture your first and second year. Other than that you have occasionally short courses that are required by the AOA, and they are fully on line and pretty easy.

My portal changed to decision has been made, info session on 4/9. Do I really have to wait on snail mail? Can I just call in?

For those of you on the alternate list. Just wanted to share some info. I called adcom and spoke to someone named Ron. He was very helpful and transparent with me. He informed me that LECOM interviewed about 1200 applicants so far and they have a ranked WL and a non ranked larger WL. I was placed on the WL in January and I sent a LOI about a week after. He told me the LOI was a nice touch and it helps a little bit, but that I am on the unranked WL. With the amount of applicants this year, being on the unranked WL gives little to no chance of an acceptance but if I were to hear something it'd be in June the earliest. For those of you on the ranked WL, you have a decent chance of an acceptance. I'm not going to withdraw my app in light of this bleak news because I still don't have an A, but good luck to everyone on either WL!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
For those of you on the alternate list. Just wanted to share some info. I called adcom and spoke to someone named Ron. He was very helpful and transparent with me. He informed me that LECOM interviewed about 1200 applicants so far and they have a ranked WL and a non ranked larger WL. I was placed on the WL in January and I sent a LOI about a week after. He told me the LOI was a nice touch and it helps a little bit, but that I am on the unranked WL. With the amount of applicants this year, being on the unranked WL gives little to no chance of an acceptance but if I were to hear something it'd be in June the earliest. For those of you on the ranked WL, you have a decent chance of an acceptance. I'm not going to withdraw my app in light of this bleak news because I still don't have an A, but good luck to everyone on either WL!
Thanks for this info! Just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Could someone send me the secondary questions for LECOM? I cant seem to find them anywhere and some resources say they do not require a secondary?

Is this information for all the LECOM campuses or specifically Bradendon?

I will be withdrawing my application from both LECOMs as I recently got accepted into MSU-COM. The level of unprofessionalism that I have experienced from LECOM Bradenton has really blown my mind. I heard a lot of negative things about LECOM in the recent years but still decided to apply and see for myself. The fact that its been 5 months with no updates and Ronald (or whatever the hell is name is) still refuses to answer my emails or call me back is beyond unprofessional and such a terrible look for LECOM. Regardless of the decision, which is probably an R or WL cuz they love tossing out waitlists to most applicants because they can't seem to figure out that it's not a wise option to interview 1200 applicants for less than 200 seats, I think sending an email with a quick update is the least they could've done. I do believe this is a sign and I'm glad I got out now but I still wish you all the best of luck. Make sure you do your research before committing here, especially if you have other acceptances. I know you will all make great physicians.

Reactions: 3 users
I will be withdrawing my application from both LECOMs as I recently got accepted into MSU-COM. The level of unprofessionalism that I have experienced from LECOM Bradenton has really blown my mind. I heard a lot of negative things about LECOM in the recent years but still decided to apply and see for myself. The fact that its been 5 months with no updates and Ronald (or whatever the hell is name is) still refuses to answer my emails or call me back is beyond unprofessional and such a terrible look for LECOM. Regardless of the decision, which is probably an R or WL cuz they love tossing out waitlists to most applicants because they can't seem to figure out that it's not a wise option to interview 1200 applicants for less than 200 seats, I think sending an email with a quick update is the least they could've done. I do believe this is a sign and I'm glad I got out now but I still wish you all the best of luck. Make sure you do your research before committing here, especially if you have other acceptances. I know you will all make great physicians.
Same feeling. Very unprofessional.....