2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Correct, the terms are interchangeable. I just abbreviated with WL because its the one we're all familiar with lol
To clear this up (hopefully)- Bradenton has (2) lists, which someone already explained earlier in the thread and I too was told by the school. The alternate list is the default list and from there they narrow and rank to the "ranked waitlist." As someone mentioned, at this point in the cycle, if you are still on the "alternate" list, slim to no chance. If you HAVE been ranked, then you are in the top 50 or so of people who would be called should there be movement. They indicated that they have seen very little movement this year and do not expect to get to the alternate list. If you are ranked, you may receive a call up until classes start.

This school receives the most applications of any school in the country, and this year was even more. That, coupled with no secondary questions and the 90-second recorded interview situation makes for a difficult paring down, I would think. I can't even choose which socks to wear in 90 seconds. Selection must be rather inorganic at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you have to call/email for rank?
I called and they told me to accept any other acceptance I had instead of waiting for them. (which is 0) They said my chances were slim so I'm assuming I'm on the unranked.

I called and they told me to accept any other acceptance I had instead of waiting for them. (which is 0) They said my chances were slim so I'm assuming I'm on the unranked.
Why don’t they just reject people instead of putting them on alternate lol

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone been able to find out what number they are on the ranked waitlist by emailing or calling them?

My interview was in December and my info session in February, I checked the portal because I have not heard anything from this school and they still have not made a decision for me, is anyone else in the same boat? I just find it a bit odd to be waiting this long for a decision

Reactions: 1 user
My interview was in December and my info session in February, I checked the portal because I have not heard anything from this school and they still have not made a decision for me, is anyone else in the same boat? I just find it a bit odd to be waiting this long for a decision
I was put on alternate list back in October, have heard nothing

To clear this up (hopefully)- Bradenton has (2) lists, which someone already explained earlier in the thread and I too was told by the school. The alternate list is the default list and from there they narrow and rank to the "ranked waitlist." As someone mentioned, at this point in the cycle, if you are still on the "alternate" list, slim to no chance. If you HAVE been ranked, then you are in the top 50 or so of people who would be called should there be movement. They indicated that they have seen very little movement this year and do not expect to get to the alternate list. If you are ranked, you may receive a call up until classes start.

This school receives the most applications of any school in the country, and this year was even more. That, coupled with no secondary questions and the 90-second recorded interview situation makes for a difficult paring down, I would think. I can't even choose which socks to wear in 90 seconds. Selection must be rather inorganic at this point.
how do you know if you are on the ranked list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I’m a woman of faith and I’d like to offer this declaration for us on the waitlist:

I’m declaring in the name of Jesus, there will be radical movement on this waitlist.

And I’d like to offer prayer for those of you who have been accepted:

Lord, thank you for this opportunity for an education and for these students who will become excellent, caring doctors. Please give them strength, favor and comfort during the highs and lows of their education and life. Thank you, in Jesus’s name Amen

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted today (IS). my second acceptance.
PCOM (main campus Georgia) or LECOM ???????

Congrats. I’d say it depends on your situation, I think the schools are fairly similar in terms of “rank” IMO.

Offered an A on Friday but chose to decline. I was told I could choose between getting an A this week or next week, so it looks like there are at least 2 open seats coming up this week. Good luck to you all!

Congrats! Did they call or email you regarding the acceptance?

Also, did your portal status change?

Best of luck!

After waiting and praying for it for a long time, I am declining my A at LECOM. I am going to PCOM. I hope it will go to one of you. Don't lose hope. I was at the same position for many months. ALL THE BEST FOR ALL OF YOU.

Reactions: 7 users
any one attending Lecom Bradenton and looking for a roommate lets talk.

Students currently going to this campus & accepted students are stating that the seats for the incoming class are closed. This school is watching to see if anyone changes their mind at the last minute. Bear in mind that you are almost in June and their classes begin in July. This means that they still have hundreds of people on a waitlist whether ranked or not, you are waiting for people to give up their accepted seats at this point. Do yourself a favor and make your plan B’s if you don’t have one in motion already.

Students currently going to this campus & accepted students are stating that the seats for the incoming class are closed. This school is watching to see if anyone changes their mind at the last minute. Bear in mind that you are almost in June and their classes begin in July. This means that they still have hundreds of people on a waitlist whether ranked or not, you are waiting for people to give up their accepted seats at this point. Do yourself a favor and make your plan B’s if you don’t have one in motion already.

Just curious as to how you know this? Are you a student there? Also how do you know the number of students on the waitlist. Genuinely curious as I am waitlisted and any insight is helpful as long as it is accurate!

I just got a voicemail from lecom with an offer but they did not specify if it was for medical school or for the mms program.

Just curious as to how you know this? Are you a student there? Also how do you know the number of students on the waitlist. Genuinely curious as I am waitlisted and any insight is helpful as long as it is accurate!
I am not a student at this school but my friend and her boyfriend are currently attending there and know students who have accepted an offer to attend here both in the medical and dental school.

Just out of curiosity... if you are on the waitlist/alternate list at LECOM Bradenton, please like this post!

Wishing the best for all of us on here.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Just received an email saying application cycle has closed. :(

Just received an email saying application cycle has closed. :(
I literally stated that this school was going to send a mass wave of rejection to students in the end. They strung all these students along and got money from the gullible ones that did their MMS program haha. I wish you all the best. I have received multiple interview requests including one for UF. If any students are applying for the incoming class at UF, UCLA, FSU, UAB please reach out to me. Do not give up on your dreams.

I got rejected, well good thing I am already applied for the next cycle.

I got rejected, well good thing I am already applied for the next cycle.
Maybe expand your horizons. Remember there is a reason they did not accept you. Reapplying to this school means you will still compete with numerous applicants who will end up losing money unfortunately in the end. Apply to other places so you don't end up disappointed again. Also don't waste your money in their MMS program. My friend who is thankfully accepted a place in PCOM instead of LECOM said that only 16-17 students from their class of 120 MMS students were accepted into the medical school. They brag about 65% of interviewed MMS students being accepted into the medical program when maybe 48 (half dental/half medicine) of the whole class made it to interview day with them. For profit schools tend to skew their numbers this way to attract more buyers.

Maybe expand your horizons. Remember there is a reason they did not accept you. Reapplying to this school means you will still compete with numerous applicants who will end up losing money unfortunately in the end. Apply to other places so you don't end up disappointed again. Also don't waste your money in their MMS program. My friend who is thankfully accepted a place in PCOM instead of LECOM said that only 16-17 students from their class of 120 MMS students were accepted into the medical school. They brag about 65% of interviewed MMS students being accepted into the medical program when maybe 48 (half dental/half medicine) of the whole class made it to interview day with them. For profit schools tend to skew their numbers this way to attract more buyers.
I applied to 20 schools this time instead of focusing in-state and I am taking a master's in medical sciences from USF And I am retake the MCAT in the end of this month. All this while being a medical assistant.

Reactions: 1 users
Did everyone get the application cycle closing email? I am currently on the ranked WL and didn’t get any email.

I applied to 20 schools this time instead of focusing in-state and I am taking a master's in medical sciences from USF And I am retake the MCAT in the end of this month. All this while being a medical assistant.
Excellent! You will definitely get in somewhere. You are more than qualified. Plus look at the bright side, if you are choking in lecture, you will be able to take a sip of water or coffee as you please.