Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had an issue with only one of mine being uploaded. I emailed the lady who sent us the confirmation emails. She changed things within minutes. super helpful!

Okay, I will send her an e-mail and see what's going on. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know if this campus does group interviews or individual?

Does anybody know if this campus does group interviews or individual?
Reading last year's thread, it seems like they do a group interview. Nothing 1 on 1 from what I could tell...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email saying that my application was processed and I'll be notified by mail of the decision. So that basically means rejection. Good luck to you all.

For anyone who got an interview recently, do you know what the days were in the month? I know they do Mondays and some day later in the week...either Thursday or Friday? I'm trying to change my interview date, but it won't let me see the calendar anymore. Thanks!

Just got an email saying that my application was processed and I'll be notified by mail of the decision. So that basically means rejection. Good luck to you all.

I got a similar email but they didn't say anything about sending me a notification of the decision in the mail. They just said that my app was processed and to check the portal to make sure everything is complete...

I got a text today while at work for interview invite. Secondary submitted the July 27th. II for August 28th.

Reading last year's thread, it seems like they do a group interview. Nothing 1 on 1 from what I could tell...

Lol are you serious? I thought I was applying to medical school not Hollister.

Reactions: 4 users
Lol are you serious? I thought I was applying to medical school not Hollister.
Yeah, it's group interviews. I believe it's the same at the home campus at Lake Erie as well. I believe you are presented with a case and discuss as a a group to develop a plan of care.

Yeah, it's group interviews. I believe it's the same at the home campus at Lake Erie as well. I believe you are presented with a case and discuss as a a group to develop a plan of care.

Well hopefully if granted an interview it won't be as intimidating as it sounds. Group interviews have a weird dynamic where you feel like you have limited time and opportunity to prove yourself and you must surpass the barometer in which your present company is setting. Usually during a 1 on 1 interview you have plenty of opportunity to show who you really are even if you are nervous or feel like you have screwed up.

Does anyone know whether they review international applicants in the same pool as american applicants? Yesterday I received an email saying something along the lines that I will not be receiving a secondary application. I have a 3.8 cgpa, 3.73 sgpa, and a 26 mcat (9PS,7verbal, 10 BS).... Any ideas? Compared to others that have received ii I seemed (well I thought) to be competitive...

Does anyone know whether they review international applicants in the same pool as american applicants? Yesterday I received an email saying something along the lines that I will not be receiving a secondary application. I have a 3.8 cgpa, 3.73 sgpa, and a 26 mcat (9PS,7verbal, 10 BS).... Any ideas? Compared to others that have received ii I seemed (well I thought) to be competitive...

From the CIB:

International students (non-U.S. citizens or tempo- rary residents) considered: Yes. International students (non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent residents) will be considered on an individual basis. Non-U.S. citizen/permanent resident applicants must provide documentation verifying that suffi- cient funds are available in a U.S. bank to cover
all expenses to complete the program at LECOM. Additional requirements and information are avail- able by contacting the Admissions Office.

From the CIB:

International students (non-U.S. citizens or tempo- rary residents) considered: Yes. International students (non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent residents) will be considered on an individual basis. Non-U.S. citizen/permanent resident applicants must provide documentation verifying that suffi- cient funds are available in a U.S. bank to cover
all expenses to complete the program at LECOM. Additional requirements and information are avail- able by contacting the Admissions Office.

What does it mean that they will be considered on an "individual basis"? Do they require internationals to have higher stats ? I thought they didn't care about residency status and everyone was given equal consideration since they are not a public school and so funding is dependent on the individual. I was never asked to provide financial documentation. I'm assuming that would occur after receiving admissions...Not sure If I didn't receive a secondary because I missed something as part of the application or because my stats arent high enough for LECOM :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checking, the interview lasts from 8AM to 2:30 PM right? I'm trying to schedule my flight for 5PM same day... good idea or bad?

What does it mean that they will be considered on an "individual basis"? Do they require internationals to have higher stats ? I thought they didn't care about residency status and everyone was given equal consideration since they are not a public school and so funding is dependent on the individual. I was never asked to provide financial documentation. I'm assuming that would occur after receiving admissions...Not sure If I didn't receive a secondary because I missed something as part of the application or because my stats arent high enough for LECOM :(
Give them a call and find out!

Well hopefully if granted an interview it won't be as intimidating as it sounds. Group interviews have a weird dynamic where you feel like you have limited time and opportunity to prove yourself and you must surpass the barometer in which your present company is setting. Usually during a 1 on 1 interview you have plenty of opportunity to show who you really are even if you are nervous or feel like you have screwed up.

If you are selected to interview here, they like you as far as your stats and extracurriculars. The interview is not for proving your worth in that regard. The interview is in a group because they want to see how you would do in PBL. In my interview, they asked one personal question (why medicine?) and the rest were PBL related questions and questions about how we study. Have a strong understanding of PBL and be courteous to other members in your group and you will do well.

Also I have not heard of anyone having a case and developing a plan of care in their interview. You aren't in medical school yet so how would you even know what the appropriate plan of care is?

Reactions: 6 users
Does anybody know where we can look at photos of the campus and facilities and buildings etc? I can't find any photos on the website!

Anybody that's interviewing on the 28th flying into Tampa around 7pm on the 27th?
Before I get a rental car I just wanted to double check.

my app just got verified, will they send me secondaries without an mcat score? still waiting from taking it in july. 3.8+ cgpa and sgpa In state

Submitted primary application in June, received secondary from LECOM Erie but none from Bradenton. On the LECOM portal, it says my Bradenton AACOMAS application is still under review (Erie application says my secondary is under review). Anyone know what this means?

For those that received II's from LECOM-B, how much time elapsed between submission of secondary and II? Any input would be appreciated!

For those that received II's from LECOM-B, how much time elapsed between submission of secondary and II? Any input would be appreciated!

I submitted my secondary on 7/26 and got the interview invite yesterday for August 28!

Just got to Bradenton

Reactions: 2 users
So I just landed in Tampa... They don't lie about he humidity here

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi so I am gonna be in Bradenton for the first time for the interview. I wanted to ask you guys If there are any must see spots or places to go
If you like hamburgers, go to full belly stuffed burgers! You won't be disappointed!

What's the deal with not getting a secondary from here? Do they screen? Neither of the campuses has sent me a secondary yet :(

EDIT: wrong thread

How long did it take for the "required letters and credits" folder items to appear? I submitted my secondary application a week ago and the folder is still empty.

Also, congrats to everyone that has gotten an interview. :)

What was it like!? Give us details! =P
Personally I thought it was a lot like the LECOM-Erie interview with a much heavier emphasis on the PBL pathway. Everyone on staff was really friendly and laid back!

What was it like!? Give us details! =P
They told us that they are revamping their format and we are the last group to to through this interview style. They didn't tell us much other than that..

No secondary yet...primary wasn't verified until late July though.

They told us that they are revamping their format and we are the last group to to through this interview style. They didn't tell us much other than that..
did you guys have a group interview? I was re-reading my e-mail from them and it says "interview with the interview panel"... so I'm guessing they are switching from the group style interview to just a panel interview.

503 Mcat (27) sGPA 3.65. Submitted primary 7/27 no secondary yet...... should I call them???

LECOM Bradenton was the first primary I submitted in June but have not received a secondary yet. Received secondaries from other D.O schools but not this one. Anyone else in the same boat?

LECOM Bradenton was the first primary I submitted in June but have not received a secondary yet. Received secondaries from other D.O schools but not this one. Anyone else in the same boat?

I would give them a call. My primary was verified July 28, and I received the secondary July 31.

Interview went well last week. We didn't have any questions about PBL in our group. We had a somewhat difficult scenario based question we had to tackle. As usual, most students in our group didn't talk much with the exception of two interviewees.

It was hard to talk when there were other people talking a lot. I tried to keep everything I said as short and as clear as possible without rambling. I believe it worked well for me.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview went well last week. We didn't have any questions about PBL in our group. We had a somewhat difficult scenario based question we had to tackle. As usual, most students in our group didn't talk much with the exception of two interviewees.

It was hard to talk when there were other people talking a lot. I tried to keep everything I said as short and as clear as possible without rambling. I believe it worked well for me.
There were no LECOM-Bradenton jerseys though...big negative for me lol.

There were no LECOM-Bradenton jerseys though...big negative for me lol.

Haha, I liked this one way better than Erie. The location is amazing. This easily overtakes Erie on my list.

Sheesh... flights from Cali are expensiiivveeeee!