Lake Erie - Seton Hill (LECOM-Seton Hill) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone from SH interviews gotten their letter recently? My portal changed to a decision was made on Friday and the suspense is killing me! I feel like I'm waiting for my letter from Hogwarts. :bookworm:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They may appreciate the fact that you had the cajonés to stand up for yourself and advocate against the grain.

Let's hope. It only came up because it's non-refundable. I know it's an expensive process, but burning $500 to be told no is a lot for quite a few people. I have heard it's much better to not go against the grain. I'm not sure why I even decided to say anything at all. Perhaps the stress of the day got the better of me? Who knows. Time will certainly tell.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! does anyone have hotel suggestions? I will be flying into LBE

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! does anyone have hotel suggestions? I will be flying into LBE

Hi! I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Blair St. It was clean, only a 5-10 minute drive from campus, close to restaurants, and had lots of options for breakfast which I made the mistake of ignoring. At least eat a muffin...

Good luck and have fun!

Hi! I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Blair St. It was clean, only a 5-10 minute drive from campus, close to restaurants, and had lots of options for breakfast which I made the mistake of ignoring. At least eat a muffin...

Good luck and have fun!

I second this. It was very convenient to the school, the option to take a quick salt water swim the night before to relax was honestly really helpful. I didn't even think I would want to swim at all, but since there was no chlorine smell to contend with it was a great way to clear your head. The breakfast is really impressive, but the interview also serves a light snack if you get there early.

Also - when you get to the interview be aware that you are going up a hill and walking for a little bit to actually get to the right place. You will want to be there early to find the location! :) If you stay at the Holiday Inn Express it's honestly so close it's worth driving over.

I interviewed September 7th. I was pretty openly vocal (perhaps to my disadvantage) about my disdain for the fact that you can receive your decision earlier if you pay them $500 (that later goes toward tuition should you get in, I believe). I did not opt to do this. The interview went really well, and I enjoyed the PBL example. I guess time will tell!

I really liked LECOM and hope I did not shoot myself in the foot over something so trivial.

I still think you would be alright. I would have done the same to not opt to know early. I'm still thinking I should have scheduled my interview later because of the $2000 to hold your spot in 30 days but time will tell. I really enjoyed the PBL as well! Best of luck :)

Let's hope. It only came up because it's non-refundable. I know it's an expensive process, but burning $500 to be told no is a lot for quite a few people. I have heard it's much better to not go against the grain. I'm not sure why I even decided to say anything at all. Perhaps the stress of the day got the better of me? Who knows. Time will certainly tell.

In good news, I doubt this was a make-or-break comment, so I wouldn't stress about it too much. What's done is done.

For future interviewees, this isn't something I'd bother pointing out to your interviewer-- mostly because that person will have no say in administrative policies like that, especially if you're interviewing at Seton Hill. Policies like that come from the powers that be at the Erie mothership.

In good news, I doubt this was a make-or-break comment, so I wouldn't stress about it too much. What's done is done.

For future interviewees, this isn't something I'd bother pointing out to your interviewer-- mostly because that person will have no say in administrative policies like that, especially if you're interviewing at Seton Hill. Policies like that come from the powers that be at the Erie mothership.

You're exactly right. I'm relieved you don't think they'll hold it against me until the end of time. That said, the person who had to deal with me saying things about how that's a very expensive potential no has no control over the process. I should have thought my clearly about that in the moment. They were just relaying what they were told. They didn't come up with the charge themselves.

Hi all! I have an interview for 12/12. Anyone else interviewing on this date? I'm from the area and I'd be glad to help anyone navigate around town!!

Has anyone from SH interviews gotten their letter recently? My portal changed to a decision was made on Friday and the suspense is killing me! I feel like I'm waiting for my letter from Hogwarts. :bookworm:
Hey! When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
October 12. How did your portal change so quick! All of us from my interview date haven't had a portal change yet.
I interviewed October 12 also. Still no portal change. I called and they had no insight other than, "it sometimes takes longer"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

October 12. How did your portal change so quick! All of us from my interview date haven't had a portal change yet.

I don't think it's a good sign... I called and got a very strange response yesterday that did not give me the warm and fuzzies. I didn't think my interview went badly but who knows!

I don't think it's a good sign... I called and got a very strange response yesterday that did not give me the warm and fuzzies. I didn't think my interview went badly but who knows!

I think it's a good sign that.

Has anyone been accepted to Seton Hills campus? If so, how long did it take to hear back after your interview?

Has anyone been accepted to Seton Hills campus? If so, how long did it take to hear back after your interview?

Those of us that interviewed in August and chose the early decision option heard back around 9/30... I expect that they will be handing out plenty more acceptances within the next couple of months

I just hope I hear back before the deposit deadline in December so I have a better idea of where I'll be next year... My wallet/credit card can't cannot afford paying for more than one deposit! Heck, I can't even afford one deposit at this point. o_O

I just hope I hear back before the deposit deadline in December so I have a better idea of where I'll be next year... My wallet/credit card can't cannot afford paying for more than one deposit! Heck, I can't even afford one deposit at this point. o_O

A. Men.

I got in!!!!!!!!!!! Now the real decision begins. So unbelievably happy. My portal changed about a business week ago, and I have until December 12th to make a decision on seat deposit if that helps anyone. (This is for Seton Hill. It came in a small (regular) envelope).

Reactions: 4 users
Hi! Wondering if any current Seton Hill students can help me out.. I'm looking for recommendations on towns/neighborhoods that are within commuting distance for both LECOM and Pittsburgh? I'll be moving with my husband and daughter and most likely he'll be looking at jobs in the city. Thanks in advance for your advice! :)

I got in!!!!!!!!!!! Now the real decision begins. So unbelievably happy. My portal changed about a business week ago, and I have until December 12th to make a decision on seat deposit if that helps anyone. (This is for Seton Hill. It came in a small (regular) envelope).
Congrats! When did you interview?

Hi! Wondering if any current Seton Hill students can help me out.. I'm looking for recommendations on towns/neighborhoods that are within commuting distance for both LECOM and Pittsburgh? I'll be moving with my husband and daughter and most likely he'll be looking at jobs in the city. Thanks in advance for your advice! :)

Most of my classmates in that situation lived in Murrysville or Monroeville. A few people did commute all the way from Pittsburgh to Greensburg, and for a while my husband commuted from Greensburg to Pittsburgh for work-- it's 45 minutes to an hour which is on the long side but doable.

Hi I'm not a LECOM/Seton Hill student (yet), but I am from the area. Feel free to PM me with any questions and I'd be glad to give you any recommendations. I'm married with kids as well so I have an idea of what you guys will be looking for!

Congrats! When did you interview?

Hey! I interviewed September 7th. As I mentioned previously, I was frustrated that the school would give you an early decision (by end of October) if you paid $500. I chose not to pay this in the event that I was paying to be told no. (Because $500 is 5-10 more secondary fees). Waiting patiently paid off though!

Hey! I interviewed September 7th. As I mentioned previously, I was frustrated that the school would give you an early decision (by end of October) if you paid $500. I chose not to pay this in the event that I was paying to be told no. (Because $500 is 5-10 more secondary fees). Waiting patiently paid off though!
Okay thanks! I interviewed October 12 and just trying to see if there's any order, seems like decisions are going out randomly or near randomly haha

Most of my classmates in that situation lived in Murrysville or Monroeville. A few people did commute all the way from Pittsburgh to Greensburg, and for a while my husband commuted from Greensburg to Pittsburgh for work-- it's 45 minutes to an hour which is on the long side but doable.

Perfect, thank you!

I called Erie Friday and they said there's a delay in sending out letters and that October 12th people will hear in a few weeks.

Help....my interview is December 6th and I haven't gotten any information about the interview day yet. They said all the info is sent out in an e-mail 2 weeks before the interview date but I haven't gotten it. I don't want to be pesky and call again but i'd really like the details of what to expect for the day/the schedule! Anyone having the same problem?

Help....my interview is December 6th and I haven't gotten any information about the interview day yet. They said all the info is sent out in an e-mail 2 weeks before the interview date but I haven't gotten it. I don't want to be pesky and call again but i'd really like the details of what to expect for the day/the schedule! Anyone having the same problem?

I interviewed a while ago (9/19) but did not receive a confirmation email until 1 week before

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi guys, LECOM PA is my second top choice school but I haven't gotten an interview here :( I submitted my secondary here in early September. Do you think I could email or call someone just asking if my app is complete/tell them I'm still really interested? Anyone specific I should ask this question to? Any idea what could be preventing me from receiving an interview?

Stats: PA resident, 506 MCAT, 3.5 GPA (with several retakes), 700 hrs clinical volunteering, lots of clinical research and leadership experience, Ivy undergrad, 1 yr informal post bacc. Received several other interviews so far and 1 acceptance (KYCOM).

Hi guys, LECOM PA is my second top choice school but I haven't gotten an interview here :( I submitted my secondary here in early September. Do you think I could email or call someone just asking if my app is complete/tell them I'm still really interested? Anyone specific I should ask this question to? Any idea what could be preventing me from receiving an interview?

Stats: PA resident, 506 MCAT, 3.5 GPA (with several retakes), 700 hrs clinical volunteering, lots of clinical research and leadership experience, Ivy undergrad, 1 yr informal post bacc. Received several other interviews so far and 1 acceptance (KYCOM).

I never got any feedback from them, just a portal change to interview invite. Give them a call.

I wouldn't worry just yet. I was complete 07/25 and didn't receive an II to Seton Hill until 09/09. Plus I had lower stats than you (LizzyM 61-63.) They have a lot more apps to go through now than they did back in July, plus LECOM has a tendency (from my experience) to take their time. No news is good news! A call to make sure your app is complete (assuming you didn't receive an e-mail confirmation) probably wouldn't hurt. Otherwise, I say hang in there and be patient. Rooting for you!

Does anyone know if LECOM Seton Hill requires a certain computer (either mac or pc)? I know some schools require one or the other...

Does anyone know if LECOM Seton Hill requires a certain computer (either mac or pc)? I know some schools require one or the other...

I would almost assume due to the set up of PBL that it doesnt matter for this school. If you're an accepted potential student search through this for the class of 2021 fb group. There are some current students that are answering questions promptly on it.

I would almost assume due to the set up of PBL that it doesnt matter for this school. If you're an accepted potential student search through this for the class of 2021 fb group. There are some current students that are answering questions promptly on it.

When I sat through PBL at Bradenton I am 86.5% sure I saw students with both Mac & PC.

Technically they prefer PCs, but lots of people use Macs and it's fine (that's what I used).

Just be sure you have an actual laptop and not just a tablet, since you occasionally need one for exams.

Your stats are better than mine, hopefully you'll get an interview since I got one.

Interviewed October 12 and still no portal change :(

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed October 12 and still no portal change :(
Same apparently people who interviewed in September are dealing with the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I cancelled my interview for next week. So if someone wants an earlier date, check the portal now.

Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office in regards to when decisions are being made? The woman I spoke to earlier this week was no help.

Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office in regards to when decisions are being made? The woman I spoke to earlier this week was no help.
I try to call but I always get a voicemail

What did they say?

Hey there,
I should have specified that while this person was extremely helpful, my issue wasn't related to yours. I apologize for not clarifying that upfront. I was concerned about the kind of check I used for a seat deposit (certified vs the 3 they specify on the acceptance letter). He told me that it was perfectly acceptable. Got to my bank (Chase) just to find out that their certified checks are cashier checks. I was just being hyper vigilant. Sorry again for the confusion, but I recommend reaching out to either of those two!