LECOM alternate list

Little buddy, Ive been watching your activity for a while now, congratulations on your BU interview. They weren't expecting so many applications, by February they realized that they didn't have to settle for just anyone, and that they could just keep alternate listing people until they find exactly what there looking for stats + personality + good fit. They seemed nice by handing out lots of interviews in the beginning, but look at predent's, have you seen any other distribution like there's? The info I was given is the alternate wont even be looked at until may, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I want to get in to.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea its unfortunate, but its best for all of us not to kill ourselves over it, Ive stressed enough, lets just perform in school, hope for the best, and hope in the future that the tables shall turn!

Last edited:
Ya, I was given the same "runaround" on the dates as well. First told "definitely" at the end of Jan, then when that didnt happen it gets changed to Feb. I understand they probably don't know what they are doing since it's their first year, but a little honesty would have been much better than the "run-around" that has been thrown our way. If alternate was going to be contacted in May, then say that from the get go

I'm thankful to have an offer somewhere else, so it's not a huge deal to me, but I would be pretty furious if I was still holding out hope on this school

pretty livid at this point to be honest, but i have hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
Times have changed, Dentistry is a very competitive field. It use to be that people with 3.6+ would go into medicine, now for some reason people that never wanted to go into dentistry have all switched suddenly, making it harder for people who have wanted to do it all their lives. So new schools are at a greater luxury, there is no easy dental school to get into.

Thanks perio. I think next year if I have to reapply I will have decent shot. My both my gpa's will be 2 points higher, much observing time, way better PS and my bcp will be double digits above. Not sure what made me stand out to get an early interview at lecom or even a interview at BU which last years class had a 3.43 gpa and 3.38 sci. I'm not sure because I bet the only raelly qualified ppl who put down a deposit are those who are residents. Others probably jumped ship a long time ago. I just think schools should not be allowed to accept ppl a few days or weeks before school starts. I mean we have already signed a lease, taking classes, have no loans, no place to stay. If they do accept ppl from the waitlist that late, it will be 99.9% instate residents for sure.

Bro, I think you will get in this year to BU, your chances are really good, with the small sample of people they interview, DAT scores are great, everyone wants a 21 TS, and chemistry major is no joke! Its funny how everyone thinks BU is a bad school, when its actually a top notch school. In all honestly I think its harder to get into BU then it is to TUFTS. But yea, I'm completing a 31 credit masters in bio in 9 months, that I just started this semester, so I am hoping for the same on my re app. If we both end up at LECOM by some miracle, consider me for roomie, lol !!

Predent 1210, sorry Im not trying to say I know all the details, this was something that someone very important told me, but I could be absolutely wrong, not trying to be a downer for anyone, Im just trying to clear the smoke..best of luck buddy

Predent 1210, sorry Im not trying to say I know all the details, this was something that someone very important told me, but I could be absolutely wrong, not trying to be a downer for anyone, Im just trying to clear the smoke..best of luck buddy

no worries man, i'm just ticked at the whole situation

Bro, I think you will get in this year to BU, your chances are really good, with the small sample of people they interview, DAT scores are great, everyone wants a 21 TS, and chemistry major is no joke! Its funny how everyone thinks BU is a bad school, when its actually a top notch school. In all honestly I think its harder to get into BU then it is to TUFTS. But yea, I'm completing a 31 credit masters in bio in 9 months, that I just started this semester, so I am hoping for the same on my re app. If we both end up at LECOM by some miracle, consider me for roomie, lol !!

Don't jinx that **** lol

Perio---

It may be that I just really want to believe I have a shot at Lecom, but I find it hard to believe in what you've said as well. I'm someone with subpar stats and I was recently interviewed. Why would they waste time interviewing people just to place them on the alternate list if they have no intention of accepting? There's plenty of people who have higher stats than me but weren't interviewed, and if they will be, why weren't they before me? Also, not to get mean but it's hard to believe someone who doesn't use the correct form of 'their' or 'too'. Just saying, pet peeve.

I found out very recently by phone that I was on the alternate list and as much as I feel crushed, I still really want to go to this school and will try to make it happen any way that I can. Best of luck to everyone
:):thumbup:

Wow, I came back and read my reply and I'm sorry Perio if I offended you, I just got caught up in the anger that what you're saying may actually be true and if so that stinks because I know I'd excel at Lecom. It's where I want to be, doing what I want to do and if I can't convince them of that, shame on me.

so..when they said that they'd be reviewing alternates at the end of feb...i wonder if that includes us teethS? i mean...there are 2 more days left in the month lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I called probably a month or so ago and was told they are going to finish interviewing in March and then will review the alternates at that time. It sounded like everyone will get a fair shake but who knows

Hello everyone :) I called them today and she said they will be calling for acceptances all the way to in July, 2 weeks before orientation. She didn't specify when we would hear from them when I asked, but she said they will be calling eventually. I asked her when the last day of interviews would be, and she said that is up to the faculty. :)

Hello everyone :) I called them today and she said they will be calling for acceptances all the way to in July, 2 weeks before orientation. She didn't specify when we would hear from them when I asked, but she said they will be calling eventually. I asked her when the last day of interviews would be, and she said that is up to the faculty. :)

Last edited:
so..when they said that they'd be reviewing alternates at the end of feb...i wonder if that includes us teethS? i mean...there are 2 more days left in the month lol

I was wondering the same thing preDENT.... and I don't know. All I know is at my recent interview she said there will be movement at the end of Feb, meaning people have to make deposits, turn down acceptances, etc so it sounded like they'd review everyone then and be making more offers. But who really knows, I think that's a lot of the problem is that they're trying their hardest to get the best qualified people but at the end of the day those people are going elsewhere and so they should give us a shot if we're qualified, which we are :)

Wouldn't that be an exciting way to start the new school year?! Nothing like scrambling to spend 400K...

Don't forget guys, I'm in the same boat as you. I in no way, shape, or form trying to offend anyone here. Trust me I feel the same pain you do, but instead of worrying about it everyday, I thought it would be best to motivate, just in case things don't work out. Sorry again, and I'm sorry I don't use the best English when writing on here. Good luck guys.

Hey guys! So I called last week-- I was told the same thing, we can hear all the way until July (unfortunate). Also I asked what I could do to make myself stand out more, and theres really no limit to what we can send in. I had sent a letter of interest after my interview, and apparently its okay to send another. Its also fine to send more letters of rec... Kinda sucks because I feel like this is only going to push the decision making further back, but I know a lot of people are really banking on this. Being a reapplicant, I got offers at other schools so some of the heat is off even though I'd rather go to LECOM. Just thought i'd share because I remember this time last year when it was my first time applying and i was waitlisted.

Has anyone seen any movement from the alternate list?

I can't imagine Lecom would be interviewing all the way through March, so it seems as if it's coming to time where the interviews stop. Anyone else have any input on this? Also, end of Feb came and went so I'm wondering if they're considering alternates or are still focused solely on interviewing new applicants...

Anyone have a general number on how many seats are actually filled with deposits and all?

:xf:C'mon Lecom!

I interviewed about a month ago and my portal has been blank since then. I talked to stephanie about two weeks ago and she said I would something by the end of February but that my position was very favorable (referring to the priority waitlist blank status). She also said that waitlist notifications were already sent to other applicants that interviewed the same day as me so it was a good thing I hadn't heard.

I just received a call around noon. They offered me an alternate position and I had to accept or deny it on the phone. I asked when they were interviewing until and they said it was up to the faculty. They really could answer any of my questions about how many are pulled from the list for acceptances cause they said its their first time in the process and they have nothing to compare it to.

And the waiting begins again...

Last edited:
when i interviewed (last month) i was told that there were seats still available, and that they expected more to open up. i'm not giving up! :)

btw miley, are you banking on lecom as well?

Yeah they are definitely expecting more to open up. When I interviewed Stephanie said that there were seats open too. Its just what it sounded like today when they called me. They do expect a lot of movement in the deposits though because people with multiple seats at different dental schools have to pull one by april first. That sounds like the best chance for alternates. Crossing my fingers for us!

When I interviewed in February we were told that interviews would continue through the end of March. Good luck to all! :)

my guess: blank statuses will get first dibs, and then they'll sort out the alternate list based off of stats and interest in the program.

then again, i'm most probably wrong. idk who this school is looking for, but i really hope they give me an offer :xf:

Yup, it seems like the blank status is a good thing.. I really hope they start pulling from the alternate list soon. Hopefully the class isn't too full yet... I want us all to be class mates! :p On another note, if you look on the LECOM FB page, most of them are FL residents. Perhaps more FL applicants than OOS?

Hey everyone, because I know that any glimmer of hope goes a long way in this process, I wanted to drop by to let you know I withdrew my spot today (and this is even after submitting my deposit). So one person's day will be brighter because of it :)

Best wishes to all!!!

Thanks trevallis! You are a wonderful person!

Thanks guys for giving up your seats! Please LECOM answer our prayers!!!

Me too, very confused on how they will make their selections, or If this is just a silent rejection....

You think the blank list = waitlist and alternate list = rejection? Im sure you will do great man, and the masters your in + new grades will get you lots of interviews. Im debating on wether to transfer from a state school MS program into UMDNJ's program, but don't know how it will be viewed by the dent schools.

You think the blank list = waitlist and alternate list = rejection? Im sure you will do great man, and the masters your in + new grades will get you lots of interviews. Im debating on wether to transfer from a state school MS program into UMDNJ's program, but don't know how it will be viewed by the dent schools.

idk really. my take on it is that they're blank status-ing people who are essentially in, and alternate listing people who are last resort spots. i have yet to hear about anyone who was rejected immediately after the interview.

Last edited:
Alright thanks man, will do, hope we aren't the last resort...crossing fingers!

Has anyone heard anything back from LECOM recently? I accepted my alternate spot about 2 weeks ago, and Stephanie said that I still have a good position but have not heard back since... Starting to get super anxious again. =/

blank status or alternate list notification after your interview?

and i haven't heard anything aside from the alternate list status after my interview