LECOM alternate list

guys my interview is next week.

When do u think they will tell if i got rejected/accepted ?

Members don't see this ad.

well in any case, i hope i get an interview next cycle so they can see that i ain't goin' anywhere. hah.

hopefully, in the next cycle my interview will be a lot better (if i get one that is) and i won't be overshadowed again

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
call bullsh*t and talk about how awesome you are. [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNpd5StBJsQ[/YOUTUBE]

well in any case, i hope i get an interview next cycle so they can see that i ain't goin' anywhere. hah.

hopefully, in the next cycle my interview will be a lot better (if i get one that is) and i won't be overshadowed again by a military guy who saved a family from a burning house. how do you follow that up in a group interview?!

"yeah uh...i saved a dog..once..."

did that guy just tell the story or did they ask if he did anything heroic in his life ?

they're interviewing thru may apparently. i just talked to a friend of mine and she got an invitation. i also know of someone else who did as well.

Last edited:
they're interviewing thru may apparently. i just talked to a friend of mine and she got an invitation. i also know of someone else who did as well.

Really? I talked to Stephanie today and she said this week is the last week of interviews. Maybe she was talking about for the month of April, I dont know.

guys, my interview is 25th of April. It seems there are many on the Waitlist. What does it mean for people that are interviewing late in the cycle ?

Nothing....I interviewed in January and was accepted when there was a waitlist from december. I also know someone who interviewed last month and was accepted.

Nothing....I interviewed in January and was accepted when there was a waitlist from december. I also know someone who interviewed last month and was accepted.
I would really like to go to this school.

Congrats on ur acceptance, but r u going to LECOM ?

was the interview awkward considering its a group interview?

I would really like to go to this school.

Congrats on ur acceptance, but r u going to LECOM ?

was the interview awkward considering its a group interview?

No..I'll be attending USC. The interview for me was not awkward at all. I was able to answer all their questions and could pull life experiences to situations that they were asking.

It is not a stressful interview and was one of the more relaxed ones that I attended.

the interview isn't that bad at all.

i prefer one on one interviews quite frankly, so my interview wasn't that great. i at least know what to expect for next cycle, so if i'm interviewing here again next year i won't be as tense.

and if it really is the last week of interviews thats great. hopefully this wait list can start moving. but then again, the girl i talked to was pre dent (last time i checked) so i'm pretty sure it was for dental school. her fb status just said lecom interview so i assumed that.

and kobe, it means that you're competing for a smaller amount of seats. but at the end of the day, who knows what they're looking for. i feel like everything is still fair game for you

Did anyone from yesterdays interview receive an acceptance today??

Any updates from anyone?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
guys, LECOM is done interviewing.

Decisions will come by next week

guys, my interview is 25th of April. It seems there are many on the Waitlist. What does it mean for people that are interviewing late in the cycle ?

Did they say anything during the interview? like how many seats are still available or anything useful?

I hope your interview went well btw! :)

Did they say anything during the interview? like how many seats are still available or anything useful?

I hope your interview went well btw! :)

she was vague b/c even she doesn't know, ppl can drop out

but around 10-15 available seats

It's almost May... I don't think anyone drop out :( they usually do it before April 'cuz April 5th is the deadline to give up multiple offers and stick to one.

i was told mid to late may when i called a few weeks ago about the alternate list

my guess is they're going to start giving out offers based off of stats and interest

and how did you come up with 10-15 seats if she was vague?

I just got a letter in the mail saying I am on the alternate list.

They said they will let us know if we got accepted thru the 2nd week of July. I hope I can find out in May itself if i got in or not. So i can either prepare to move there or prepare to reapply AADSAS

They said they will let us know if we got accepted thru the 2nd week of July. I hope I can find out in May itself if i got in or not. So i can either prepare to move there or prepare to reapply AADSAS

yeah i hope i find out in may about my application status. that way i can save like 2k in application fees for next year.

does it says that on your lecom portal too?

if your portal says that the "adcom has made a decision and you'll receive a letter" right after your interview, then you're on the alternate list. once you accept the alternate list spot, it will then be changed to something like "the adcom has accepted your position on the alternate list"

anyone hear anything?

I called LECOM this week and they gave very vague answers to my questions. When I asked if the class was full she said "we don't consider the class full until school starts" and when I asked how many people are on the alternate list she said it goes up and down each day and cant give a number. But dont get me wrong, she is very nice and I am glad they at least pick up the phone, unlike other schools.

Also the facebook group is filling up but idk if its all dental students or not because some of the group members are pharm/med students.

So does anyone else know how many people are on the waitlist? Or when their committee meets to make these decisions?

yeah, she is very nice about it. who knows. i guess more time will tell..hopefully sooner than later, since interviews are over

Nothing yet, but I think we need to wait until June/July to hear something.

So.. is it true they are officially done interviewing? :)

That's great news! :) I wonder how many seats are left though..

could someone give me a link to the facebook LECOM page.

I searched a lot but i cant find LECOM dental class of 2016

Yeah my AADSAS got updated by LECOM also. It just says "Wait listed". I thought LECOM only used their portal.....Does anyone know how many people are on the waiting list now? Has it gone up/down?

it keeps changing. if you ask, they'll just tell you that they can notify you until july.

if they make any changes with our statuses, it's going to be via the aadsas portal.

my aadsas acct. says "wait listed" as well. I also checked the FB group and it looks like one more person joined over the last day making it 98/100 possible seats. I'm sure some people who are in the group are not even attending, or perhaps they are pre-med or pre-pharm students who accidentally joined (wishful thinking)..but I am just hoping 98 seats really haven't been officially filled. This is so nerve-wracking and I feel like a crazy person or a LECOM stalker haha.

if you peruse through the group you'll see that there are a lot of non dental school people, and there are people who aren't attending.

also, if we were all just placed on a "wait list" according to aadsas, it wouldn't really make sense to include the hundreds of people on it if there were only 2 seats. just my thoughts though. my guess is like 10-15

if you peruse through the group you'll see that there are a lot of non dental school people, and there are people who aren't attending.

also, if we were all just placed on a "wait list" according to aadsas, it wouldn't really make sense to include the hundreds of people on it if there were only 2 seats. just my thoughts though. my guess is like 10-15

That's a good point. I guess we'll just have to wait it out since nothing is certain.