LECOM alternate list

Mine doesn't say that :/ when was the decision date for that?

I got that aadsas waitlist status as well yesterday. Strange indeed

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad.

if you peruse through the group you'll see that there are a lot of non dental school people, and there are people who aren't attending.

also, if we were all just placed on a "wait list" according to aadsas, it wouldn't really make sense to include the hundreds of people on it if there were only 2 seats. just my thoughts though. my guess is like 10-15
Well then what are they waiting for to fill those seats? I dont understand that at all. Are they waiting till the end of May to see if more people will drop? Are there people who let go of their LECOM seat after they paid the $2,000 deposit?

The new cycle is about to start and I hope we at least hear some concrete numbers before June. Good luck to everyone!

I believe all seats are currently filled... But I also believe a few people will drop out during the summer, hence opening seats for us alternates :)

Members don't see this ad :)
and TX i was told mid to late may when i called like a month ago

i'm guessing that the final deposit deadline just passed, so up until the end of may/early june is when we'll find out.

Guys, im in dental school right now but i look at this thread occasionally since it pops up all the time. As someone well acquainted with wait lists, you really should stop thinking about it. There's probably more then just 10-15 on the list. For a school this size and this new, the wait list is more likely to be 50+ long. Don't believe you're #2 on on the list and will get the next spot that opens. Odds are it isn't going to happen. Get ready for the next cycle and stop thinking about LECOM. If it happens, great! If it doesn't happen, you're going to have to move on eventually.

Guys, im in dental school right now but i look at this thread occasionally since it pops up all the time. As someone well acquainted with wait lists, you really should stop thinking about it. There's probably more then just 10-15 on the list. For a school this size and this new, the wait list is more likely to be 50+ long. Don't believe you're #2 on on the list and will get the next spot that opens. Odds are it isn't going to happen. Get ready for the next cycle and stop thinking about LECOM. If it happens, great! If it doesn't happen, you're going to have to move on eventually.

easier said than done. but i completely agree.

I'm on the LECOM alternate list but I have already started preparing for my DAT retake

I, too, am preparing for next cycle :) Out of curiosity, for those who are reapplying, are you going to reapply to LECOM?

Just finished gathering up my letters today, slowly working on reworking my personal statement. I will probably be applying to both lecom's, the Eire one is starting next cycle?, and a handful of others. Applying to 20+ is a waste since I really only have a shot at the large private schools. I have no idea what to expect from BU, waitlisted, but don't expect to hear anything until June.

Members don't see this ad :)
The LECOM Erie campus isn't slated for completion until 2015.

Just finished gathering up my letters today, slowly working on reworking my personal statement. I will probably be applying to both lecom's, the Eire one is starting next cycle?, and a handful of others. Applying to 20+ is a waste since I really only have a shot at the large private schools. I have no idea what to expect from BU, waitlisted, but don't expect to hear anything until June.

What kind of GPAs & DAT scores have they been accepting? and what kind have they been waitlisting?

I believe the interview matters the most to this school.

Hey everyone,

I always check this forum because I, like many of you, am on the alternate list for LECOM. Believe me, I know how stressful it is knowing our future lies in these peoples' hands.

I came across some information and wanted to share with you guys. Apparently, the class is nearly, if not completely, full and they are not getting as many drops as they anticipated. So what does that mean for all of us on the alternate list? It means they may accept a lucky few but, based on the way things are going, they are not going to be accepting many more students from the alternate list.

And despite what they have told some of you, the alternate list is ranked, but I have no idea what rank is based on.

Whoever said "98 seats aren't filled" is messing with us :smuggrin: Don't believe that nonsense.

i heard that there were more seats available. maybe i was misinformed. when did they tell you that the class is nearly/if not completely full?

Last week

I have no idea how many seats are available. But students from the alternate list will be pulled if a student who has already made a deposit to hold their seat decides to withdraw. Unfortunately, there are not as many students withdrawing as they expected.

In my opinion, they probably offered a lot of students a position on the alternate list because they thought more students would decline acceptance since it's a new program and federal loans are not available for the first year.

Yeah definitely

I presume they don't want to release ranking information because it probably changes from time to time. Keep in mind they only stop interviewing around two weeks ago so the rank on the alternate list probably changes with each group they interview.

Think about it, If you were in the top 10% choices for the alternate list a few months ago there is a good chance that they have interviewed more students equally or more qualified. the more students they interview, the greater chance that someone will bump your position up or down on the list.

At least that's the way I look at it

your aadsas portal for the cycle should be shut down soon. they're prepping for the new cycle i think

edit: well it's either that, or i got rejected..

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Yeah.. I don't think there are any seats available nor do I think people are dropping much because Mr. Shively called me about 3 weeks ago saying "you're next, so have your deposite ready because you may get a call soon". When I emailed him later to thank him for the great news, he apologized and said that it may not happen as soon as he had hoped, but that I should continue to be ready :/ it's such a bummer and def. a tease. Worst feeling to know you can be next, but chances are so small at this point. Just have to stay cautiously optimistic I suppose

any updates guys ?

i want to call and ask but idk if thats appropriate

there's no point now tbh

i just want to know now if i got rejected or not

i'm studying for the DAT again and if im gonna get accepted, i would have to quit my job at the last minute and my boss would hate me for that