Medical College of Wisconsin (MD) vs University of North Texas (HSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dymondprincezz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I was recently accepted into both schools,

MCW an (OOS) MD program,
and UNT-HSC an (IS) DO program

I have no idea where i should go, the cheaper Instate school or the much more expensive out of state school MCW....ive done some research but still would like more info...any advice: high points about MCW or UNT-HSC...please any information is appreciated...

Thank you ahead of time

Members don't see this ad.

Tcom v.s MCW...
Hard choice by far... Very hard choice. It depends on which school your more comfy at.. I.e if you need to be around family or if you think the other school's academic's or 3/4 year rotations are better.
Tcom is warm remember. MCW = cold as hell.

And cost wise.. it's hard to pass up on tcom's 13k a year tuition.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I was recently accepted into both schools,

MCW an (OOS) MD program,
and UNT-HSC an (IS) DO program

I have no idea where i should go, the cheaper Instate school or the much more expensive out of state school MCW....ive done some research but still would like more info...any advice: high points about MCW or UNT-HSC...please any information is appreciated...

Thank you ahead of time

It depends on how much better the MD degree would be than the DO... The tuition difference is huge, and I'm not sure if it would be worth it or not for MCW....

Considering that you're from Texas, I would take a year off and apply for all of your state school MD programs again... It all depends on how good your stats are.

It depends on how much better the MD degree would be than the DO... The tuition difference is huge, and I'm not sure if it would be worth it or not for MCW....

Considering that you're from Texas, I would take a year off and apply for all of your state school MD programs again... It all depends on how good your stats are.
And what happens if he doesn't get in next year?

I think it's a very bad idea to reject TWO acceptances. If you don't want to go to a school, DON'T APPLY.

I honestly don't know enough about residency prospects for DO students to comment on it intelligently, but I would just caution you about going to a DO school if you're going to want an MD residency. It would be an uphill climb.

Overall though, you would save a fortune by going to UNT, which is always a good idea. I'm an M4 at MCW, and I loved it, but not "$100,000 more in debt loved it."

Status
Not open for further replies.