2022-2023 Wisconsin

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What do people typically wear to the "recommended" sessions? How many people attend, and are we expected to participate or just watch?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, if anyone here has been matched to interview with a faculty member who identifies as part of the LGBTQ+ community, could you speak to what that was like--were you asked to elaborate on your experiences, talk about LGBTQ+ issues, etc? Was your interviewer even aware that you identified as LGBTQ+?
 
Hi, if anyone here has been matched to interview with a faculty member who identifies as part of the LGBTQ+ community, could you speak to what that was like--were you asked to elaborate on your experiences, talk about LGBTQ+ issues, etc? Was your interviewer even aware that you identified as LGBTQ+?

I self-identified on my application and said yes. Prior to interviewing I recieved an email informing me that unfortunately they did not have any LGBTQ+ family members to interview me. At the very end of my interview, my interviewer stated he was aware I asked for this but was super super supportive and and offered to link me up with some other LGBTQ providers doing the lords work in Wisconsin.

I thought their efforts were super sweet!

What do people typically wear to the "recommended" sessions? How many people attend, and are we expected to participate or just watch?

I dressed very business casual for the optional info sessions. I dressed very casual for the med student led discussion. Most med students were very casual, applicants more biz casual for that one!

Good luck.
 
I self-identified on my application and said yes. Prior to interviewing I recieved an email informing me that unfortunately they did not have any LGBTQ+ family members to interview me. At the very end of my interview, my interviewer stated he was aware I asked for this but was super super supportive and and offered to link me up with some other LGBTQ providers doing the lords work in Wisconsin.

I thought their efforts were super sweet!



I dressed very business casual for the optional info sessions. I dressed very casual for the med student led discussion. Most med students were very casual, applicants more biz casual for that one!

Good luck.
Gotcha, I got an email saying I've been matched. That sounds great, I'm glad they were supportive!

Thank you for answering my questions 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone got an interview invite scheduled for 2/17! so nervous about the group portion of the interview and the faculty.. Can anyone explain the format of the group and faculty interview? Is it traditional, MMI, how did u prepare for the group portion?
 
It's now been 8 weeks since my interview with no decision, has anyone reached out to them regarding this yet?
 
It's now been 8 weeks since my interview with no decision, has anyone reached out to them regarding this yet?
Man that must be so hard. I would definitely reach out, since it's been >8 weeks. They did tweet that more decisions would be released 'soon' an hour ago. I know I got my WARM acceptance around 1530 hours on a Friday via e-mail.


Crossing my fingers for you while you wait.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How soon before your interviews did you receive the links and faculty interview times? Mine is in 1 week and I haven't received anything.
 
For those who did other schooling at Madison, when is the best time to start looking at apartments? I've heard end of January and February things will start popping up?
 
For those who did other schooling at Madison, when is the best time to start looking at apartments? I've heard end of January and February things will start popping up?
Yeah I think we even signed some leases in December. Depends on the type of housing you are looking for! PM if you want. I did 5 years as an engineering undergrad at Madison.
 
Does anyone who interviewed here already have any insight into what the group interview is like? Is it like working together to solve a problem or just answering standard interview questions? Thank you 😀
 
Hello everyone got an interview invite scheduled for 2/17! so nervous about the group portion of the interview and the faculty.. Can anyone explain the format of the group and faculty interview? Is it traditional, MMI, how did u prepare for the group portion?

Can’t discuss questions about the interview due to signing a participation agreement that we can’t discuss questions from the interview with people.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How fast is the turn around with a rejection, WL, acceptance after the 3 day interview process?

From the interview to decision, it took 4 weeks for me. They said the decision could be 4-8 weeks or longer depending on when your interviewer turns in their interview evaluation. Based on posts on this thread, I believe some are still waiting more than 8 weeks but they could have received a decision and chose not to post the result.
 
Did anybody else get an email from your faculty interviewer post-interview? (offering support if you have more questions bout the school)

And should I send thank you remarks in a reply to the email from the faculty interviewer personally or to Wisconsin email provided to us in the portal?
 
Last edited:
Did anybody else get an email from your faculty interviewer post-interview? (offering support if you have more questions bout the school)

And should I send thank you remarks in a reply to the email from the faculty interviewer personally or to Wisconsin email provided to us in the portal?

I believe they wanted all thank you letters sent to the admissions staff and then they were going to distribute them from there