2022-2023 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received II today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what WI is looking for? IS alum with decent to high stats and it has been radio silence. Trying not to anxiety spiral.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone else here get put on the interview waitlist a few weeks ago? if so, IS or OOS? and did anyone actually get an II since that email..?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what WI is looking for? IS alum with decent to high stats and it has been radio silence. Trying not to anxiety spiral.

Not sure if you went to a UW school or if they even still do this (I graduated in 2014) but I am kind of surprised their admissions page doesn't mention "The Wisconsin Idea" more. To me they seem to place a high value on those they believe will practice in Wisconsin and have a commitment to community service and leadership. Just speculating of course.

im sending lots of positivity towards you!! did you think your stats were on-par / app had good clinical / public health focus?
My MCAT was a little below avg, I had 150h clinical, good volunteering and 3 pubs. Went to UW for undergrad and grew up and live in Madison so I thought I had a decent chance. But ig it wasn’t meant to be. All is well tho, good luck to all who are still in the running!

• Care
My MCAT was a little below avg, I had 150h clinical, good volunteering and 3 pubs. Went to UW for undergrad and grew up and live in Madison so I thought I had a decent chance. But ig it wasn’t meant to be. All is well tho, good luck to all who are still in the running!
honestly same - maybe MCW will be our golden calling :)

Pre-II rejection just now. IS applicant and alum. LM 69 and URM. Kinda bummed, but wasn't meant to be I guess :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if you went to a UW school or if they even still do this (I graduated in 2014) but I am kind of surprised their admissions page doesn't mention "The Wisconsin Idea" more. To me they seem to place a high value on those they believe will practice in Wisconsin and have a commitment to community service and leadership. Just speculating of course.
LOL I WROTE ABOUT THE WI IDEA IN MY ESSAYS. Very aware of it after being a 5-year engineering student here.

LOL I WROTE ABOUT THE WI IDEA IN MY ESSAYS. Very aware of it after being a 5-year engineering student here.
Oooh sorry that sounded very aggressive in all caps. I am just on tenterhooks atm.

How rude!!! Did you forget to mention your love of the Green Bay Packers, your desire to acquire fresh curds from any city and your requirement of having access to New Glarus WI exclusives? That's probably why😅.

But really med school admissions is such a mystery. Sorry to hear!

As I wrote how rude I was going to differentiate how it was directed at UW haha no stress.
Oooh sorry that sounded very aggressive in all caps. I am just on tenterhooks atm.

• Haha
How rude!!! Did you forget to mention your love of the Green Bay Packers, your desire to acquire fresh curds from any city and your requirement of having access to New Glarus WI exclusives? That's probably why😅.

But really med school admissions is such a mystery. Sorry to hear!
It's alright I am thinking they must not have read my app yet. I was not part of this R wave (unless it keeps coming lol). I am a HUGE Packers fan for sure though. And I want Culvers when I'm stress studying... so... please WI... please...

Extensive clinical experience is always a plus

For what it's worth, I have it from an admin-tier inside source that when you get your II is not reflective of how interested they are in you as a candidate. Hope that's some small comfort at least!

i called them because i am in the same boat— they said if your reviewer didnt get their paperwork in on time that you will get a decision before christmas break begins. dont stress! they probably just havent reviewed your app yet for final decision.
hi! by any chance would this be the same for people who interviewed late october?

hi! by any chance would this be the same for people who interviewed late october?
not 100% sure, i interviewed the 13th or 14th! but i would think so because i know people have posted in this thread that they interviewed end of oct and heard back right before thanksgiving. 🤞

is there a specific day they release As and is it by email or a call? sorry - just freaking out waiting!

is there a specific day they release As and is it by email or a call? sorry - just freaking out waiting!
the next “period” they will release decisions is right before christmas. i called them to ask, they do acceptances/WL in batches over a period of like 3/4 ish days. not sure about post II Rs tho.

Does anyone know when decisions are given for those who interviewed late November/early December?

II received on 12/6!!! Complete 10/12. cGPA 3.69, sGPA 3.57, MCAT 517.
Undergrad in WI and working in MKE now. Dates in January. Super happy about this one! Time to prepare now.

Reactions: 4 users
II received on 12/6!!! Complete 10/12. cGPA 3.69, sGPA 3.57, MCAT 517.
Undergrad in WI and working in MKE now. Dates in January. Super happy about this one! Time to prepare now.
Congrats!! Did you receive any prior communication or did you reach out to them before II?

CONGRATS!!! what were all the dates open by chance?
They just sent me the one date range (1/25-1/27) with directions to email them promptly if I needed different dates. They then sent a Doodle poll to determine when my actual interview with faculty and student panels would happen.

Did any other OOS applicants just get an email from admissions?

• Hmm
Any other formerly-rejected applicants get an email today saying their application is still under consideration?

• Hmm