2022-2023 Wisconsin

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone else here get put on the interview waitlist a few weeks ago? if so, IS or OOS? and did anyone actually get an II since that email..?
 
Anyone know what WI is looking for? IS alum with decent to high stats and it has been radio silence. Trying not to anxiety spiral.

Not sure if you went to a UW school or if they even still do this (I graduated in 2014) but I am kind of surprised their admissions page doesn't mention "The Wisconsin Idea" more. To me they seem to place a high value on those they believe will practice in Wisconsin and have a commitment to community service and leadership. Just speculating of course.
 
im sending lots of positivity towards you!! did you think your stats were on-par / app had good clinical / public health focus?
My MCAT was a little below avg, I had 150h clinical, good volunteering and 3 pubs. Went to UW for undergrad and grew up and live in Madison so I thought I had a decent chance. But ig it wasn’t meant to be. All is well tho, good luck to all who are still in the running!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure if you went to a UW school or if they even still do this (I graduated in 2014) but I am kind of surprised their admissions page doesn't mention "The Wisconsin Idea" more. To me they seem to place a high value on those they believe will practice in Wisconsin and have a commitment to community service and leadership. Just speculating of course.
LOL I WROTE ABOUT THE WI IDEA IN MY ESSAYS. Very aware of it after being a 5-year engineering student here.
 
LOL I WROTE ABOUT THE WI IDEA IN MY ESSAYS. Very aware of it after being a 5-year engineering student here.
How rude!!! Did you forget to mention your love of the Green Bay Packers, your desire to acquire fresh curds from any city and your requirement of having access to New Glarus WI exclusives? That's probably why😅.

But really med school admissions is such a mystery. Sorry to hear!
 
How rude!!! Did you forget to mention your love of the Green Bay Packers, your desire to acquire fresh curds from any city and your requirement of having access to New Glarus WI exclusives? That's probably why😅.

But really med school admissions is such a mystery. Sorry to hear!
It's alright I am thinking they must not have read my app yet. I was not part of this R wave (unless it keeps coming lol). I am a HUGE Packers fan for sure though. And I want Culvers when I'm stress studying... so... please WI... please...
 
i called them because i am in the same boat— they said if your reviewer didnt get their paperwork in on time that you will get a decision before christmas break begins. dont stress! they probably just havent reviewed your app yet for final decision.
hi! by any chance would this be the same for people who interviewed late october?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is there a specific day they release As and is it by email or a call? sorry - just freaking out waiting!
 
is there a specific day they release As and is it by email or a call? sorry - just freaking out waiting!
the next “period” they will release decisions is right before christmas. i called them to ask, they do acceptances/WL in batches over a period of like 3/4 ish days. not sure about post II Rs tho.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wait so you guys were rejected but are now back in the consideration pile LOL? or maybe there was a miscommunication and they sent rejections to the wrong people...either way that's honestly amazing yay <3
Yes, they said me and other applicants received rejections through a technical error and we’re still under consideration.