2022-2023 Wisconsin

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Crickets here. I interviewed 1/26 and am just patiently waiting (LOL I kid about the patiently...)
Same here, 1/26 Interview with no news so far. Although I am interested in the previous thread message that said people have been accepted on weekends too.
 
On average, how long until people are hearing back? I interviewed mike February and was just wondering how long it might take to hear back.
 
On average, how long until people are hearing back? I interviewed mike February and was just wondering how long it might take to hear back.
I was waitlisted here after 6 weeks. A common trend is people being accepted exactly 4 weeks or earlier from interview date. Anything later than 4 weeks is likely to lead to a waitlist or rejection. Being waitlisted here was such a sad day for me. I hope there is waitlist movement but last year there wasn’t. It seems to vary every cycle. Best of luck to you.
 
Current M2 here at UW. I don't have really any information about the admissions process. But for those of you with A's feel free to DM me with any questions you have about the school, more than happy to help. I'll also try to watch this forum and answer any questions that pop up on here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the A on 3/10, but have not yet received either the email regarding Admitted Students Day or the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS. Is anyone else in the same boat?
One of the admins said there was an issue where they thought the RSVP email for admitted students day was sent to the recent group of As but it never sent. They're fixing/sending it ASAP
 
I got the A on 3/10, but have not yet received either the email regarding Admitted Students Day or the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS. Is anyone else in the same boat?
I got the A on 3/10, but have not yet received either the email regarding Admitted Students Day or the choose your medical school tool on AMCAS. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Congrats! When did you interview?
 
Hey everyone! I did call admissions last week. They told me the last committee meeting was between March 28-31st so there should be a lot of answers by end of month/early April.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who was accepted heard from financial aid or the school about activating your NetID and things of that nature? Other schools have sent portal access and things like that already to accepted students so I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.
 
Has anyone who was accepted heard from financial aid or the school about activating your NetID and things of that nature? Other schools have sent portal access and things like that already to accepted students so I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

I called a few weeks ago and Chris from admissions said information regarding onboarding for matriculation will be sent out sometime in May when the admission office have a better idea who is going to commit to the school.
 
Has anyone who was accepted heard from financial aid or the school about activating your NetID and things of that nature? Other schools have sent portal access and things like that already to accepted students so I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.
I have an A and I went to undergrad at UW so I have my NetID already. My financial aid offer for next year is posted through MyUW. I would call the bursars office, they may have your aid package ready but you just can’t access it yet.
 
Has anyone who was accepted heard from financial aid or the school about activating your NetID and things of that nature? Other schools have sent portal access and things like that already to accepted students so I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Thank you for assuaging my fears. I have not recieved my financial aid package yet either.
 
Thank you for assuaging my fears. I have not recieved my financial aid package yet either.

I sent a message yesterday evening to clarify that those of us who are not "in house" applicants haven't received NetID access so hopefully that happens soon. April 15th and April 30th are fast approaching and it would be helpful to see some of those numbers haha!

I had also sent an e-mail to the financial aid person listed on the website but there is an auto-reply with links to set up an appointment. Looks like they are doing tons of exit counseling for current students so it says the response time can be up to 4 days.
 
I have an A and I went to undergrad at UW so I have my NetID already. My financial aid offer for next year is posted through MyUW. I would call the bursars office, they may have your aid package ready but you just can’t access it yet.
Yes I am a past UW grad and I see mine as well. It won't let me accept it at this point though.
 
I sent a message yesterday evening to clarify that those of us who are not "in house" applicants haven't received NetID access so hopefully that happens soon. April 15th and April 30th are fast approaching and it would be helpful to see some of those numbers haha!

I had also sent an e-mail to the financial aid person listed on the website but there is an auto-reply with links to set up an appointment. Looks like they are doing tons of exit counseling for current students so it says the response time can be up to 4 days.
what is the april 15 deadline? am i missing something lol
 
Did anyone get the WL email with what number waitlist position they’re on? So theoretically, if I’m on position 50, and people before 50 withdraw from the WL, I become higher up right? Just making sure I understand this correctly.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get the WL email with what number waitlist position they’re on? So theoretically, if I’m on position 50, and people before 50 withdraw from the WL, I become higher up right? Just making sure I understand this correctly.
yes i think so... but there are also multiple people at each position... so it might be way more than 50 people who need to drop before #50 becomes #1?
 
yes i think so... but there are also multiple people at each position... so it might be way more than 50 people who need to drop before #50 becomes #1?
Yeah I hate this... You could be position 2, but there could be 5 people at position 1 and 5 people at position 2, you could really be #10 at the end of the day lol