-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Wisconsin
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pre-II R :/ my email hinted it was because i’m OOS but in my secondary I wrote a whole essay about how 5 family members have gone to UW for undergrad 😭 nepotism did not work in my favor
Has anyone who interviewed in mid-December heard back? It's been 7 weeks and still waiting, OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1pre-II R :/ my email hinted it was because i’m OOS but in my secondary I wrote a whole essay about how 5 family members have gone to UW for undergrad 😭 nepotism did not work in my favor
D
deleted1118591
pre-II R :/ my email hinted it was because i’m OOS but in my secondary I wrote a whole essay about how 5 family members have gone to UW for undergrad 😭 nepotism did not work in my favor
When were you guys complete? I'm also OOS so I'm just waiting for my turn on the chopping block but I submitted pretty late which is why I'm assuming I haven't already been axed
I was completed 9/1When were you guys complete? I'm also OOS so I'm just waiting for my turn on the chopping block but I submitted pretty late which is why I'm assuming I haven't already been axed
9/16, hoping u get a chanceWhen were you guys complete? I'm also OOS so I'm just waiting for my turn on the chopping block but I submitted pretty late which is why I'm assuming I haven't already been axed
nope 🙁Has anyone who interviewed in mid-December heard back? It's been 7 weeks and still waiting, OOS
sir norbiez
Full Member
How long does it normally take to hear back? Also where are you from haha I'm also OOS and from Californianope 🙁
sir norbiez
Full Member
Also just how receptive is Wisconsin of OOS applicants? I saw on a reddit thread that the post-interview acceptance rate for OOS was about 60% (don't know how accurate this is) but then the number of matriculated out of state students at Wisconsin is much less. Anyone have insight into this?
The admissions committee mentioned about accepting 70-80% IS. Based on last year admission stats:
582 interviews were given
313 OSS ~ 54%
269 IS ~ 46%
176 matriculated
52 OSS ~ 30%
123 IS ~ 70%
On their website they accept 10 MD/PHD (IS and OSS are included in these acceptance)
They accept ~ 26 to their WARM program which mostly consistent of IS but they mention taking 2~4 students OSS (surround areas of WI such as MN, IL, MI, IN).
582 interviews were given
313 OSS ~ 54%
269 IS ~ 46%
176 matriculated
52 OSS ~ 30%
123 IS ~ 70%
On their website they accept 10 MD/PHD (IS and OSS are included in these acceptance)
They accept ~ 26 to their WARM program which mostly consistent of IS but they mention taking 2~4 students OSS (surround areas of WI such as MN, IL, MI, IN).
ducksandgnomes
New Member
nothing for me either. Interviewed 12/8 - OOS. i am glad to see that I am not alone!nope 🙁
A!! interviewed 1/19, IS.
Momma I'm coming home!
Momma I'm coming home!
pnaupnau123
Full Member
Congrats! You heard back in 2 weeks? That's super quick, I thought it was 6 weeksA!! interviewed 1/19, IS.
Momma I'm coming home!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm on 8 so...Congrats! You heard back in 2 weeks? That's super quick, I thought it was 6 weeks
They release in batches so if you weren't able to get through committee in time for the release, you'll get added to the pile for next time!
WL this morning 😢I'm on 8 so...
Post-interview R. I'm OOS with weak ties so not surprised, but it's my first time hearing back from any interview so this really stings.
Do they post their match list? I can’t seem to find it anywhere
From previous post from threads, they do not make their match list public and shared with students through their oasis portal or something like that. I could be wrong though.
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
I asked this during the interview. They do not post a match list for student privacy (the reason they gave on the admissions intro call). They basically gave lip service that their students all match very well...Do they post their match list? I can’t seem to find it anywhere
sir norbiez
Full Member
Hey guys! Did the adcom send the links to the panels and discussions the day before the interview for you guys? I realized I haven't received this links yet
Hey guys! Did the adcom send the links to the panels and discussions the day before the interview for you guys? I realized I haven't received this links yet
I believe the links should be in your portal with the dates. If I recall I got the info/updated portal the week of my interview.
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
How does UW notify people of A/WL/R? Email? Phone?
During my interview day they said they would try to call if you got accepted. They wouldn't call to waitlist/reject you so I'm assuming email/portal update for thoseHow does UW notify people of A/WL/R? Email? Phone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My WL came via email. Nothing changed on the portalHow does UW notify people of A/WL/R? Email? Phone?
premed2645
Full Member
for current medical students at UW, where do most students live? Trying to decide if I would want to move closer to campus or stay outside of campus and commute…
sir norbiez
Full Member
Did you guys email your thank you letter to your interviewer personally and to the admissions email, or just to the admissions email? Also UW doesn't take updates or letters of interest right? Also did you email your thank you letter or upload it to the portal?
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
I emailed it to the medadmissions email. Never got a confirmation it was forwarded but I hope it was! I couldn't find my interviewer's email...Did you guys email your thank you letter to your interviewer personally and to the admissions email, or just to the admissions email? Also UW doesn't take updates or letters of interest right? Also did you email your thank you letter or upload it to the portal?
sir norbiez
Full Member
Okay! yeah ill probably email as well!I emailed it to the medadmissions email. Never got a confirmation it was forwarded but I hope it was! I couldn't find my interviewer's email...
sir norbiez
Full Member
Does anyone have insight to the weight of the faculty interview versus the weight of the medical student interview?
It's a good mix of both. Some live in the complexes right around the school/hospital, some live downtown and take the bus in, and some live farther out and drive in. Affordable housing can be hard to find, especially close to the school, so a lot may come down to what's available. I live within walking distance and really enjoy it, but the farther out you go, the cheaper your rent will be. On the downside, roads aren't always plowed well in winter, so some of my friends who drive in have had issues. It mostly comes down to your own priorities, but I will say most students choose to live somewhere on the West side because it's easier to get to HSLC and is away from the undergrad campusfor current medical students at UW, where do most students live? Trying to decide if I would want to move closer to campus or stay outside of campus and commute…
premed2645
Full Member
What does parking look like for those who do have to drive in?It's a good mix of both. Some live in the complexes right around the school/hospital, some live downtown and take the bus in, and some live farther out and drive in. Affordable housing can be hard to find, especially close to the school, so a lot may come down to what's available. I live within walking distance and really enjoy it, but the farther out you go, the cheaper your rent will be. On the downside, roads aren't always plowed well in winter, so some of my friends who drive in have had issues. It mostly comes down to your own priorities, but I will say most students choose to live somewhere on the West side because it's easier to get to HSLC and is away from the undergrad campus
Royalsquash
Full Member
Is there an accepted students group chat?
pnaupnau123
Full Member
how long did you wait to hear back and how did they contact you? some people here have waited beyond 8 weeks, and some got the A in 2 weeks so i was confused. congrats btw!Is there an accepted students group chat?
Expensive lolWhat does parking look like for those who do have to drive in?
Several parking garages/lots right next to HSLC so availability isn't an issue, but parking passes aren't cheap. And there's no parking at the anatomy lab, so you'll have to bus/walk there. You'll get a free bus pass when classes start though
Sorry to hear that. I’m also OOS and UW is one of my top choices. Just curious, how did you feel your interview went? I want to know if I have a fighting chance as an OOS :/Post-interview R. I'm OOS with weak ties so not surprised, but it's my first time hearing back from any interview so this really stings.
I'm not great at evaluating my own interviews--out of the three that I've had, I would've said I performed best at this one, but I got A's from the other two and the R from UW lol. When did you interview?Sorry to hear that. I’m also OOS and UW is one of my top choices. Just curious, how did you feel your interview went? I want to know if I have a fighting chance as an OOS :/
Thanks for your response and congrats on your A’s!! It makes me nervous since I don’t think interviews are weighted too heavily (at least based off what I heard during the interview experience) so even if I had a good interview I’m not sure how much it would factor into their decision. I interviewed near the beginning of this month. Praying for some good news🙏🏼I'm not great at evaluating my own interviews--out of the three that I've had, I would've said I performed best at this one, but I got A's from the other two and the R from UW lol. When did you interview?
Thank you 🙂 I didn't know that the interviews weren't weighted heavily, which honestly makes me feel better about the R.Thanks for your response and congrats on your A’s!! It makes me nervous since I don’t think interviews are weighted too heavily (at least based off what I heard during the interview experience) so even if I had a good interview I’m not sure how much it would factor into their decision. I interviewed near the beginning of this month. Praying for some good news🙏🏼
Wishing you the best of luck!!! And congratulations, because getting an II from here as OOS is a huge accomplishment!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1156661
any idea is uw offers good financial aid/scholarships and when accepted students could here back by?
Yep! They said it's just one part of app and it's like another letter of rec (the evaluation from your interviewer). I would imagine it holds a little more weight than your average letter of rec since it's coming from UW-Madison Faculty... But the process of receiving a decision seems a little nervewracking from the way they explained it. TYSM!!!Thank you 🙂 I didn't know that the interviews weren't weighted heavily, which honestly makes me feel better about the R.
Wishing you the best of luck!!! And congratulations, because getting an II from here as OOS is a huge accomplishment!
I got the scholarship email 2-3 days after my acceptance but it will vary from person to person, I'm sure.any idea is uw offers good financial aid/scholarships and when accepted students could here back by?
Are these merit-based or need-based scholarships?I got the scholarship email 2-3 days after my acceptance but it will vary from person to person, I'm sure.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 929
- Views
- 270K