Official Harry Potter WW Game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wasn't me who stated dyachei didn't vote for herself, that was SOV. Maybe he skimmed over it? :confused:

Still think we should probably vote for someone who actually wants the position since we have no clue what powers that position has.

I don't remember now. :laugh:

But dyachei wants it. She said so in a PM, too.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember now. :laugh:

But dyachei wants it. She said so in a PM, too.

Well, that makes me feel better about dyachei.

Maybe SOV's old man brain is getting the better of him... :confused:

I have to work today, have to leave in about 10 minutes.

Would still like to be leader but I don't think we should give it to someone who isn't really interested, you can investigate those people without them being a leader (or lynch them like akdream did to cuitl, but cuitl stated outright that she would be "busy" and didn't want to be leader.)

elect jj

Sorry abber....love your HP nerdiness, but I can't bring myself to vote for a Slytherin. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Wasn't me who stated dyachei didn't vote for herself, that was SOV. Maybe he skimmed over it? :confused:
I know she has changed her to herself, but she didn't SEEK the nomination.

Anyway, she does "want it" now as she stated in a PM received recently, after my post.

I would guess she is NOT a wolf. So let's move on to a new topic.
Quidditch anyone?

Anyway, she does "want it" now as she stated in a PM received recently, after my post.

Quidditch anyone?

No Quidditch for me... :( I have to go to work.

Adios amigos! :)

Quidditch anyone?

yes, please!

Might find myself playing some lego harry potter soon...

I haven't seen this much strategizing, arguing, and waffling over a head girl election ever! :laugh:

Updated Tally:

DVMdream:
5 (DVMDream, nstarz, jamrockin, abbercadaver, ksmi)
SOV/LIS:
Jjohnston: 7 (JJ, bbeventer, lissa, wildcatj, packen, conflagration, philliab)
Dyachei: 6 (Sheepie, Dyachei, Nyanko, devyn, SOV/LIS, PP)
Abber: 3 (TW, IPB, Katie8)

Only missing 7 more votes, so we could potentially finish this earlier. Start sending your night PMs now if you want to get going!

I haven't seen this much strategizing, arguing, and waffling over a head girl election ever! :laugh:

Updated Tally:

DVMdream:
SOV/LIS:
Jjohnston: 7 (JJ, bbeventer, lissa, wildcatj, packen, conflagration, philliab)
Dyachei: 6 (Sheepie, Dyachei, Nyanko, devyn, SOV/LIS, PP)

Only missing 7 more votes, so we could potentially finish this earlier. Start sending your night PMs now if you want to get going!

Believe you missed SnS' vote :)

Members don't see this ad :)
We have both:cool:. Hubby and I play together when we have the day off together.

LOL, I totally just got my 5-7 game at BestBuy last night. I feel so proud of myself for figuring things out :laugh:.

I'm not going to be around a lot today or tomorrow, FYI. Going to the gym and then for a massage :)love:) today and then tomorrow going to the shelter and then a party. I should be able to make lynch deadlines, but I won't be around for much strategizing until Tuesday.

Mod fail again, sorry dyachei! Counting is hard for some people...:rolleyes:

Updated Tally:

DVMdream:
SOV/LIS:
Jjohnston: 8 (JJ, bbeventer, lissa, wildcatj, packen, conflagration, philliab, holdonhope)
Dyachei: 7 (Sheepie, Dyachei, Nyanko, devyn, SOV/LIS, PP, SnS)

This is a close one! 5 votes missing.

Ummm

unelect (that doesn't seem to be a word) dvmdream
elect dyachei

So I am going to go for a couple hours - my car tire has a bubble and I want to get it fixed before I have a blow-out. I hope to be back very shortly and will check in on my phone.

Updated Tally:

DVMdream:
4 (DVMDream, jamrockin, abbercadaver, ksmi)
SOV/LIS:
Jjohnston: 8 (JJ, bbeventer, lissa, wildcatj, packen, conflagration, philliab, holdonhope)
Dyachei: 8 (Sheepie, Dyachei, Nyanko, devyn, SOV/LIS, PP, SnS, NStarz)

Still five votes left. :laugh:

I was assuming this game would start a little slowly like most do and I would get a chance to relax from GoT - wrong!!

FWIW, I agree with DVMD - it makes no sense to intentionally vote for someone who didn't elect themselves at first because you can just use that info later on to try and corner them or lynch them.

Oh gosh, I go to work for a few hours and then have breakfast, and you all already have 3 pages. Talkative, talkative.

elect dyachei

Hmmm. Not what I meant, but kind of funny. (My intention was to be a beater, but now that I think about it, that word is too much associated with some other activity.....I will be one of the balls...wow this is going downhill fast).

:thumbup: I figured you meant beater...but it was too much to pass up.

How are we arguing already? This should be an interesting game haha. But I agree, when I've been a wolf in the past we've definitely talked about getting someone elected who was immune to investigations. Yeah it would suck, but it's also a very real possibility. The problem has always been how to get someone elected without all the wolves voting for the same person, so it hasn't worked out when we've talked about it in the past.

Updated Tally:

DVMdream:
SOV/LIS:
Dyachei: 10 (Sheepie, Dyachei, Nyanko, devyn, SOV/LIS, PP, SnS, NStarz, kakurubird, orca2011)

Three left. Will probably end day soon, so please get your PMs in so we might be able to get the first lynch cycle in today!

At this point, I think it really is a crapshoot. Since we have NO information on what the mayor can do, I'm not really comfortable giving it to a potential wolf.

I'm going to go ahead and elect JJ since she is in my group.

by the way. my facebook is still down. I quite honestly might need counseling.

Updated Tally:

DVMdream:
Jjohnston: 9 (JJ, bbeventer, lissa, wildcatj, packen, conflagration, philliab, holdonhope, heylodeb)
Dyachei: 10 (Sheepie, Dyachei, Nyanko, devyn, SOV/LIS, PP, SnS, NStarz, kakurubird, orca2011)

Two left.

I'm actually going to switch mine. Totally missed that JJ is in my group, so in case there is a special ability that comes with this role, I'd rather it be a person who I can talk to.

[unelect Dyachei. Elect JJ [/b]

Updated Tally:

DVMdream:
Jjohnston: 10 (JJ, bbeventer, lissa, wildcatj, packen, conflagration, philliab, holdonhope, heylodeb, orca2011)
Dyachei: 9 (Sheepie, Dyachei, Nyanko, devyn, SOV/LIS, PP, SnS, NStarz, kakurubird)

Updating.

Updated Tally:

DVMdream:
Jjohnston: 11 (JJ, bbeventer, lissa, wildcatj, packen, conflagration, philliab, holdonhope, heylodeb, orca2011, cuit)
Dyachei: 9 (Sheepie, Dyachei, Nyanko, devyn, SOV/LIS, PP, SnS, NStarz, kakurubird)

Updating.

While we're waiting, GET YOUR PMS in!

We're only missing a handful!

We're hoping to have another lynch cycle today!

by the way. my facebook is still down. I quite honestly might need counseling.

Does facebook have online support? A number you can call? You should definitely try. It seems odd that it would be down for so long. I feel your pain.

After some early bickering among the students about who deserves the head girl position, and the motives behind the candidates (it is politics, after all), the students keep the race close between Jjohnston who was carrying the sympathy vote, and the controversial, but still popular, Dyachei. In the end, almost all of the students weigh in and Jjohnston is elected Head Girl of the Hogwarts School of Veterinary Medicine.

She will have the responsibility to break any ties that should arise, veto 1 lynch, and she gets her own personal owl to send 3 one-way messages to anyone in the school (it's an old school owl and doesn't have a lot of life left!).

The students gather in the Great Hall for the start of term Sunday brunch, eager to begin classes tomorrow. After the feast, they are released to have the afternoon free to explore the Castle and grounds, and I hear that SOV is organizing a pick up game at the Quidditch pitch.

It is now Night 1. We actually have all but a small handful of PMs, so if you can get them in earlier we can close night out early, otherwise Nohika will close it out at 4 pm cst/2 pm pst, when you are due back in the Great Hall for some get to know you games and the dinner feast.

Lastly, stay out of the forbidden forest (I'm talking to you, abber and devyn! ;)) and please send your PMs to myself and my assistant Headmistress Nohika!!

Last edited:
um, 4pm CST is 5pm EST. Did you mean 2pm PST?

Nvm, thanks for the clarification! :)

Anyone want to play Gobstones, Wizard's Chess, or Exploding Snap while we wait? :)