Official Harry Potter WW Game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like SOV is possibly silenced since he's already posted on the "Silence" thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am free from my love of Jamrockin! While it was a short lived romance, I will remember our time together fondly. Even if you thought I was a stage-five clinger ;)

Booo kismi :( being the first one killed sucks!!

As the students walk towards the Great Hall, there are hushed whispers over the events of last night. Rumors of someone being attacked and flying away on a broomstick, a Firebolt. Cries of "Expelliarmus!" were heard clearly from the dormitory around the time of this event. An owl was also seen winging its way towards Slytherin.

Other students are talking about the mysterious noises coming from their common room overnight. Several students claimed to have heard "Petrificus Totalus!" and heard the thud of the body. However, when the students arrived...there was no one there.

Shrieks came from the students who arrived first at the Great Hall, causing a giant rush. Lying on the floor of the Great Hall was Ksmi117, also known as Lavender Brown. Apparently she was trying to rendez-vous with her Won Won and had gotten caught unawares. As the professors try to reassure the students, several students report seeing a flash of green light from the hall not long before her body was discovered.

Some thoughts:
Firebolt broom = escape from attack? Anyone know anything?
Also, is the owl a message jj sent?
Need to brush up on my HP knowlege, but what is Expelliarmus supposed to do?

Also, kismet! :(

Some thoughts:

Expelliarmus is a disarming spell. It sounds like the firebolt lets you escape.

Some thoughts:

Expelliarmus is a disarming spell.
And I would agree that the broomstick is an obvious means of escaping. Wondering if SOV was in possession of it and that maybe the user walks away injured. I know that happened to me when I had an item that prevented me from getting killed in a previous game. In return for staying alive, I was silenced for a cycle.

Some thoughts:

Kismet :(

I would assume you are correct about the Firebolt...seems early for a villager to be using attacking items though....??

Expelliarmus knocks wand out of attackers hand in the books...so there are at least 2 "item" spells? What's the other one do? Is the petrificus the silencing one?

Expelliarmus is a disarming spell.
And I would agree that the broomstick is an obvious means of escaping. Wondering if SOV was in possession of it and that maybe the user walks away injured. I know that happened to me when I had an item that prevented me from getting killed in a previous game. In return for staying alive, I was silenced for a cycle.

ksmi is the one who had it. It "blocks nighttime activity" of whoever you choose. So in this case that's what it does in the game.

Kismet :(

I would assume you are correct about the Firebolt...seems early for a villager to be using attacking items though....??

Expelliarmus knocks wand out of attackers hand in the books...so there are at least 2 "item" spells? What's the other one do? Is the petrificus the silencing one?
I would think the petrificus keeps you from doing anything since it essentially petrifies you. Since there was no body, I assume the person attacked or the attacker has an invisibility cloak.

ksmi is the one who had it. It "blocks nighttime activity" of whoever you choose. So in this case that's what it does in the game.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. The SOV is silenced by some other means.

As for using an attacking item early in the game, it's possible someone used it to figure out what it does, or it was already in the hands of a wolf who obviously wouldn't really care what happened.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think the petrificus keeps you from doing anything since it essentially petrifies you. Since there was no body, I assume the person attacked or the attacker has an invisibility cloak.

Well I know what movie I need to watch tonight. Some brushing up is in order I think :)

Packen is a death eater, we will have quick revenge for the death of ksmi.

lynch packen

lynch packen

There is an investigative spell, Legilimens, I had it last night, but have since lost it.

lynch packen! Karma for stabbing me last game! :p

lynch packen

There is an investigative spell, Legilimens, I had it last night, but have since lost it.
I wonder if there is Occulumens that could block Legilimens. I bet there is.

There is also an impedimente spell. Protects someone of your choosing.

Nice work! First night!

Lynch Packen

I am free from my love of Jamrockin! While it was a short lived romance, I will remember our time together fondly. Even if you thought I was a stage-five clinger ;)

Booo kismi :( being the first one killed sucks!!

Glad you are free. I'll try not to remember it at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Also good enough for me. Lynch Packen.

Current Vote Tally:

Packen: 9 (sheepdog, orca2011, bbeventer, Lissarae, kakurubird, SnS, abracadaver, heylodeb, cuit)

Start getting night PMs in too and maybe we can get in another lynch cycle today, as ridiculous as that sounds. :laugh:

lynch packen

Wait, how did Sheepdog know that? He's in Slytherin, not Ravenclaw. And I understand not sending a group PM that you had an investigative item, but why not PM your results?

There is a crystal ball which investigates, used it on packen then "knocked it off the table" and lost it

Wait, how did Sheepdog know that? He's in Slytherin, not Ravenclaw. And I understand not sending a group PM that you had an investigative item, but why not PM your results?

Sheeps found packen, not me.

lynch packen

Looks like Slytherin will be down 2 already. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Current Vote Tally:

Packen: 12 (sheepdog, orca2011, bbeventer, Lissarae, kakurubird, SnS, abracadaver, heylodeb, cuit, jamrockin, IPB, katie8)

Start getting night PMs in too and maybe we can get in another lynch cycle today, as ridiculous as that sounds. :)

Two more is plurality, and I'll close it then.

Current Vote Tally:

Packen: 12 (sheepdog, orca2011, bbeventer, Lissarae, kakurubird, SnS, abracadaver, heylodeb, cuit, jamrockin, IPB, katie8)

Start getting night PMs in too and maybe we can get in another lynch cycle today, as ridiculous as that sounds. :)

Two more is plurality, and I'll close it then.

:thumbup:

Damn take a shower and all hell breaks loose!

I have to fully read the thread to comprehend everything... but I see Sheeps has already done good work! :thumbup:

Lynch Packen

SO:
Someone got attacked by expelliarmus: got a away on a firebolt

Someone sent a message to someone

Someone was cursed with petrificus totalus: Probably SOV since he is silenced and you can't do anything when petrified.

KSMI was killed

Just thinking out loud and thought others would appreciate it, lol

Current Vote Tally:

Packen: 13 (sheepdog, orca2011, bbeventer, Lissarae, kakurubird, SnS, abracadaver, heylodeb, cuit, jamrockin, IPB, katie8, SOV)

One more to plurality. However, I'm running to get lunch. Likely I'll close it out when I get back.

I'm still confused :confused:

augh! hate the beginning of games! When I was stalking all the other ones, I wouldn't even start reading it until 3-4 days in when small things started to get hashed out. Can I do that for this one? :laugh: