Oklahoma State (OSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesLMT

Accidentally Accepted
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
New Year, New Thread!!! Discuss away!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I will get the ball rolling for Oklahoma State. Hoping for some in-state love!!

Anyone care to share the secondary prompts?

Members don't see this ad :)
This seems like an amazing school. Should not be on the second page with no discussion! Hope being OOS doesn't kill me here.

From that article: "*RNP denotes an institution that is ranked in the bottom one fourth of all medical and osteopathic schools. U.S. News calculates a rank for the school but has decided not to publish it."

Ouch. That's harsh, dude.

On the secondary, are you guys listing out every single medical school you are applying to, or just generally stating that you are applying to other osteopathic schools? I feel weird listing them all because I am applying to so many

On the secondary, are you guys listing out every single medical school you are applying to, or just generally stating that you are applying to other osteopathic schools? I feel weird listing them all because I am applying to so many

I listed them all...they have to know what they're up against, haha.

Im not sure why schools ask this, kind of wish they wouldn't, but I put them all in case it was an integrity pre test. Im paranoid like that.;)

hi folks, just got an email from OSU this morning saying that i am not qualified.

- Overall GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)- i have a verified 3.62 overall gpa

- Pre-professional science GPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)- i have a verified 3.60 science gpa

- Minimum of 21 TOTAL on the MCAT- i have not yet taken the mcat- im taking it on july 26th and indicated that on aacomas

when they refer to your pre professional science gpa, does that mean your overall science gpa OR your gpa for the pre reqs- bio 1, 2, phy 1, 2, chem, 1,2, ochem 1,2, english? because i have 2 C's in ochem.

Sounds to me like they are waiting for your MCAT. You could call them? And as for GPA, its the ones you listed, so you're fine there.

I forgot to ask....anyone see a character limit for the secondary? Im done, but I wonder if its an appropriate length.

Hi, I'm applying here but I'm OOS. On their website it says they give preference to OK residents, but I was wondering if anybody knew their OOS percentage or anything like that?

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if OSU still has the physician mentoring program available to first year students?

got an email saying I am complete today...

stated that interviews being in Oct, so I guess we won't hear from them for a while...the waiting game beings, again.:D

October eh?... good gives me some time to get my DO letter

Does anyone know if they are open to reclassification? If I got accepted, my husband and I would end up buying a house there and paying taxes to OK. We'd also have 2 kids starting college as OK residents during my schooling. The policy I saw was pretty short and didn't say anything about changing residency.

At least back when I was in school the state law was that the student had to work 1 yr full time before matriculating as a student or they had to marry a current Oklahoma resident. Short answer for you then is no, once you're a student the state will not reclassify you as instate even if your spouse is a full time employed taxpayer.

Just curious can anyone else who has already submitted their secondary and received the "you are complete" email able to log back into the secondary website to see if they have updates or anything? it's not letting me log back in and I don't know if that's because my password is wrong or your log in account terminates once you're complete.

thanks

At least back when I was in school the state law was that the student had to work 1 yr full time before matriculating as a student or they had to marry a current Oklahoma resident. Short answer for you then is no, once you're a student the state will not reclassify you as instate even if your spouse is a full time employed taxpayer.

This is correct.

Hey guys. Long story short, I accidentally deleted my invitation from OSU to complete the secondary. Do we fill out the secondary via internet link? If so could you provide the link for me? Thanks guys!

Does anyone have any knowledge about the DO/Ph.D program that's supposed to be only 6 years? If it offered stipend and free tuition, it sounds like a great deal.

Hey guys. Long story short, I accidentally deleted my invitation from OSU to complete the secondary. Do we fill out the secondary via internet link? If so could you provide the link for me? Thanks guys!

Hey...they do have a link

http://www.healthsciences.okstate.edu/student/admissions/application_components.cfm

But, they also assigned username and password...so, unless you already created your account with that info, I think you may have to contact their office to get your info reset?

Good luck!

Does anyone know if it is too late to start applying here.

Thanks

Submitted my secondary today!

awesome, looks like you got your username situation figured out...good luck!

Yea it wasnt a big deal. Had a hard time with the first essay...seeing as I only started shadowing a DO about 2 days ago hahaha

2 questions about the secondary:
Is it okay to say Osteopathic medicial schools for which other schools or would I need to address which ones. (I'm applying to 30--covering all grounds)

Also, OSU isn't my top choice, what draws me in their research facilities. So having trouble with why OSU. Can current students highlight campus life? Is it small town feel? I'm going for small town schools, sick of city life!

2 questions about the secondary:
Is it okay to say Osteopathic medicial schools for which other schools or would I need to address which ones. (I'm applying to 30--covering all grounds)

Also, OSU isn't my top choice, what draws me in their research facilities. So having trouble with why OSU. Can current students highlight campus life? Is it small town feel? I'm going for small town schools, sick of city life!

I listed all the schools. I don't feel there's anything to be ashamed of. You cant put all your eggs in one basket. Applying and where you'll get interviews is a crap shoot and they of all people should know that.

I listed all the schools. I don't feel there's anything to be ashamed of. You cant put all your eggs in one basket. Applying and where you'll get interviews is a crap shoot and they of all people should know that.

I agree. I listed all of mine too

got an email saying I am complete today...

stated that interviews being in Oct, so I guess we won't hear from them for a while...the waiting game beings, again.:D

How long did it take for you to get the complete email?

Any idea when OSU begins interviews? Has anyone already been interviewed/accepted/waitlisted?

is there a word/ character limit for the essays?

Just submitted primary, hopefully I still have a shot here! They say early apps are best for acceptance, but on same page they say they actively recruit minority students, so here's hoping that helps me out!!

has anyone heard anything regarding interviews from this school yet?

has anyone heard anything regarding interviews from this school yet?

Right? This thread is VERY quiet. I am excited about this program but have a slim chance of II since I am OOS. Well I can be hopeful! :)

Just attended an open house that OSU hosted in Norman, OK.

Interview invites will start being sent out October 17th.

OSU does do rolling admissions but the order/time your application was submitted is not relevant to their II selection process is what they said.

Interview is done blind (MCAT and GPA not known by interviewers). You are given one score based on the blind interview and then you are given another score after your MCAT and GPA have been seen my the interviewers.

Got an interview invitation today: I'm scheduled for October 18th. Anyone else?