2019-2020 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an II this morning for 2/14!
IS. Complete mid Nov. LizzyM 59/60

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Have any OOS applicants gotten an II lately? Really wanting to attend OSUCOM haha. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the OSU-COM interview process like?

It's pretty low-stress. They interview 8 people a day. They'll talk about the school for a little, then split you into groups of 4. The first group will go off for interviews (2-on-1) for 30 min, and the second group does a group activity. It's like a mini case study. There's a facilitator taking notes. It's usually just things like "what went wrong with x" or "what could have been done differently". Just a discussion.
I thought their interview questions were pretty general. No true behavioral/situational questions. I think I had one that was like "who are you when you're working on a team" but it's pretty relaxed for the most part.

What is the OSU-COM interview process like?
I would also add that they commonly ask "Teach me something." I do not think they care what you teach them, so long as you present well.

On my interview day (October of last year) the group interview was a discussion about the ethics behind cloning. It was very low-stress. The most challenging 2-on-1 interview question I got was, "What are you least proud of?"

II last week for for 2/13. IS. 3.44 GPA. 3.43 sGPA. 495 MCAT. LOTS of clinical experience as a paramedic for 6 years.

Reactions: 4 users
Those of you that were waitlisted and later accepted, how long were you on the waitlist for?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just fyi, OU released their final round of decisions today. So there MIGHT be some movement from the waitlist if people decide to go there instead. It could take a while though.

Just fyi, OU released their final round of decisions today. So there MIGHT be some movement from the waitlist if people decide to go there instead. It could take a while though.
Does this mean they’re not sending out any more interview invites?

Does this mean they’re not sending out any more interview invites?
OSU interviews for a few more months. Just letting y'all know that some people who are accepted to OSU right now might end up going to OU, freeing up some spots here.

Reactions: 1 users
Well for those who have interviews coming up just know that it really is as laid back as everyone says. I really underestimated how laid back it was going to be. I was asked some standard questions about why I want to be a doctor and why DO but for the most part we really just talked about my family and my career. I think they kinda go off what you put on your app. I had a friend that’s done a lot of mission work and that’s what they talked about in his interview. They do allow you time to ask question or to discuss anything you want to do if you have a weakness on your application this is where I brought it up. Overall it was an amazing day though. We even got to try the surgery simulator. I head that groups don’t normally get the opportunity to do that. If anyone has any questions feel free to reply to this post or PM me. I’ll be happy to share. And good luck to everyone still waiting for an interview or a decision.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone know when they stop sending Interview Invites?

Accepted into the guaranteed admission program!

Oops. Just realized you weren’t asking me. Lol. Oh well. There’s my stats if anyone was interested.

Roughly half the class comes from the waitlist.

We even got to try the surgery simulator. I head that groups don’t normally get the opportunity to do that.

Lol. You won't touch that simulator again. The only time students get in there is for 5 minutes during the surgery didactics block during rotations or if you don't have anything to do while you are on your surgery rotation at OSU and the resident has nothing else to do so they decide to take you over there to burn some time.

• Haha
Lol. You won't touch that simulator again. The only time students get in there is for 5 minutes during the surgery didactics block during rotations or if you don't have anything to do while you are on your surgery rotation at OSU and the resident has nothing else to do so they decide to take you over there to burn some time.
Yep. This is true. The medical students that gave the tour said we won’t see much of it. It’s mostly there for surgical residents.

Interviewed last Thursday, was very impressed with the school and especially the people! Everyone was really friendly and it felt very genuine. I am an OOS applicant. OSU is now my top choice!

Interviewed last Thursday, was very impressed with the school and especially the people! Everyone was really friendly and it felt very genuine. I am an OOS applicant. OSU is now my top choice!

What state are you from?

Does anyone know how often they review applicants that are on the waitlist?

Got the email today that I was waitlisted. Not what I wanted to hear, but at least it isn't an R!

I was a late applicant, but does OSU normally send you an answer either way (or do they ghost you)?

So I sent updates/LOI to Lindsey's email last week and havent gotten a response lol. Should I be concerned?